PropHunt Suggestions and Changes

Discussion in 'PropHunt' started by Geit, 28 Feb 2010.

1. Mysteryem The Dividing Line

From these logs, order of action shows:
    Join server,
    Change to spy, (on the spectator team at this moment in time?)
    Join team (red)

He then disconnected before repeating the above, which may be a requirement.

The other guy joined, changed to spy, but then there's no listing of joining a team at all. He also exhibited the behaviour of leaving the server and rejoining before changing role to spy again.

Are the spy weapons blocked like the rest of the weapons? If we can't figure this abuse out, and if it becomes a problem, blocking the weapons might be a solution? (Civilian spy only. Sure, they can still reveal props, but any ghoster can do that)

2. Powerlord Current Prop Hunt maintainer guy

Spy weapons are not currently blocked.

Having just looked at the code, changing them to be blocked *should* work, as only RED players are treated differently in terms of weapon blocking ('cause all RED weapons are blocked except in last prop mode).

I'm doing some other changes that may help, but I need to test them for side effects.

3. Not sure where this goes but hey ho. A minor glitch in which a medigun was being used on Lumberyard, not sure if it's cause of the new tf2 patch or something
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: 28 Dec 2016
  4. Powerlord Current Prop Hunt maintainer guy

*sigh* No, it's a typo in the PropHunt configuration file. The Wrapped Reviver has the wrong ID entered in for it.

I have a new configuration file out for servers. I've attached it to this post.

5. Powerlord Current Prop Hunt maintainer guy

Well, I thought I'd attached it to the last post, but it didn't appear to attach. Lets attach it to this post instead.

Attached Files:

6. Ahh cool, well just thought I'd point it out. Want to help the community :)

7. Powerlord Current Prop Hunt maintainer guy

I probably should have mentioned this. There's a new configuration file to block some of the new Invasion weapons.

I've attached it to this post.

In other news, I'm working on about 3 different versions of PropHunt at once:

3.3.4 is just minor bugfixes.
    3.4.0 is larger fixes and changes. At the moment, this has not been tested at all. The current plan is that it will require SourceMod 1.8 to compile (unless you find the WORKSHOP_SUPPORT define and comment it out), but should run on SM 1.7 by checking for the presence of the functions it needs for Workshop support.
    4.0 is a number of large changes, including a port to SM's newer syntax and rewriting the stats support. Progress on this has just started.

Attached Files:

8. Powerlord Current Prop Hunt maintainer guy

Haven't posted on this board in a while.

I think I've released a new PropHunt weapon config since then (I'll attach it to this post just in case).

However, what I actually came here to talk about is that I have a new PropHunt version in testing.

Here's the changelog for 3.4.0.0. Side note: We're currently testing beta 3.

• PropHunt now requires SourceMod 1.8 to compile, but not to run.
    • PropHunt Config
      • Sniper Rifles are now switched to Huntsman instead of being blocked.
      • SMGs are now switched to Jarate instead of being blocked.
      • All Stickybomb Launchers now act like the Sticky Jumper instead of being blocked.
      • New sounds were added for First Blood.
    • Added support for the SteamWorks extension. It does the same thing SteamTools does, but seems to be less likely to break.
    • Added support for the Updater plugin.
      • Beware: this will download all configuration files, even ones your server has customized.
    • Dropped support for TF2Attributes. We really only used it to block fall damage sounds anyway.
    • Dropped support for DHooks.
      • PropHunt now tells the gamerules object to switch teams directly. The tf2-switch-teams.txt gamedata file tells it how to do this.
      • Team scores are also switched as appropriate. This greatly improves support for the Arena Scramble without use queue plugin (which just had a gamedata update of its own).
    • Fixed a bug in the weapons replacement system where the server will get caught in a loop and run the server out of entities, causing it to crash.
    • PropHunt disables the built-in First Blood and instead handles the First Blood sounds itself. 30 seconds is a fast first blood, 30-90 seconds is normal, over 90 is slow.
    • Unofficial support for multi-round PropHunt maps... although the game engine itself doesn't support it very well.
    • Workshop maps are now supported if you're using SourceMod 1.8. Of course, the current release versions of UMC and MapChooser Extended don't support them very well, so...
    • PropHunt now has better logic for determining configuration file names. For example, you can have separate config files for ph_nightclub_v1 and ph_nightclub_v2... or just use ph_nightclub.cfg for both.
    • All prop_dynamic Control Points on a map are automatically set to use VPhysics. This should fix any issues with the control point not healing people.
    • PropHunt remembers the last Hunter class you were playing and changes you to it when you switch back to the Hunter team.
    • The PropHunt tag is now automatically added to servers if it's not already present... only if PropHunt is running that is.
    • Yet another attempt to block props from having weapons as there have been periodic reports of props sometimes having weapons.
    I need to repackage it as the current package has beta 2 instead of beta 3.

Attached Files:

9. Hopefully it fixed the festive weapons, shotguns and grenades, rifles etc. do full damange, so fucking annoying.

10. Powerlord Current Prop Hunt maintainer guy

The only new stuff it adds is limits on the Tough Break weapons.

This config file is already 2 months old. I tend to post stuff like this over on the PropHunt Redux AlliedModders thread... and apparently forgot to post it over here. Whoops.

Anyway, PropHunt Redux 4 is also in development and redoing the weapon configuration to work on both weapon classes and weapon indexes is my top priority for it. That way, when Valve adds new weapon skins, they should already be covered.

11. So uh, people are really using the festive weapons, healing, grenades one shotting.. Hey managers, what should i do? ban? kick? leave alone?

12. Langers http://bit.ly/IqT6zt

If it's intentional abuse, then surely it warrants a kick.

It's damn near impossible to police though.

13. Powerlord Current Prop Hunt maintainer guy

If they're Tough Break weapons (and they probably are), convince the server admins to install the weapon config I linked to in an earlier post.

Actually, either way installing that should fix some of the weapons.

14. Well, ubered soldiers and demos with their un-nerfed items are getting popular, not to mention sniper rifles too, minigun cp campers... ehh the tough break weapons are absolutely destroying the server, probably the server is more broken than it ever was, really sad.

15. I have a suggestion for prophunt, mainly for the new members that join. If this is feasible, have a the rules displayed on the server somewhere, like if the user types in !rules then it displays the rules and what's allowed/ not allowed.

We're getting a lot of people ghosting and then others requesting where or what the rules are. So I think it would be useful to have them displayed somewhere :)

16. Langers http://bit.ly/IqT6zt

Already available on the "!motd", displayed every time one joins...

Either way, ignorance is no defence...

[​IMG]

17. Ahh ok. What about if they have HTML mods disabled? Cause I think this disables the !motd on servers, so then they don't see the rules

18. Powerlord Current Prop Hunt maintainer guy

As far as I'm aware, disabling HTML makes the server show you the text-based MOTD instead. Having said that, I'm not involved with the GamingMasters server, so I don't know if that's set up.

19. I don't think it does, I think it just takes you straight into the game, or doesn't display the message at all

I'll have to check next time that I am on - which will likely be Sunday

20. Powerlord Current Prop Hunt maintainer guy

I just checked: The non-HTML MOTD is just the generic one supplied with new installs of TF2. i.e. the map list.

To the admins: It's really not hard to do, you just have to create/update the motd_text.txt file in the server's cfg/ directory.

Mind you, which file is being used can be overridden by one of the server's cvars (specifically motdfile_text).

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)