PropHunt Suggestions and Changes

Discussion in 'PropHunt' started by Geit, 28 Feb 2010.

1. ConTroll Mains World of Tanks

The players who spam the 1 button just to get the list of map options out of the way bother me. Could we set option 1 as "No Vote" by default? :3

2. ConTroll Mains World of Tanks

Would it be a good idea to implement a moderator rank? The idea of this is to have a role for many trusted players (such as don) that could mute/silence/kick annoying players, and not have the other magical aboos powers the admins have. Admins aren't available all of the time, but moderators could be available 95% of the time to deal with urgent matters (such as the frenchman who was singing along to songs for a whole map while admins were busy). ;p

3. HellJack A message was delivered, and received.

Please cite the source of your statistics.

You do know you can personally mute any player on the server, correct?

4. Well I'm avaliable like 80-90% of the time, always have been for like the last few years, like yesterday.

But more importantly, when the hell is the Tough Break weapon ban update coming?

And if possible, remove the Concord map, it is broken like Storm which is already removed, by that I mean the path to the CP is blocked. Come on.

5. Langers http://bit.ly/IqT6zt

I mean you're entering into the same territory there.

Admins aren't available all the time, so you get moderators.

Moderators aren't available all the time, so why not just give every user LSA...

As Jack said, you already have it clientside.

6. ConTroll Mains World of Tanks

Alright, I should have said "most" instead of 95%, as it is difficult to draw statistics from future predictions or from pure experience of being on our servers at least around 10 hours a day for the past week.

When you tell me to just mute the player, you make it sound like I am only thinking for myself. What do you think new players will do if they join our server, hear one guy singing for a whole map, have another guy join in every now and then, and 2 or 3 other guys constantly telling them to shut up. Will they mute all of them or will they just not come back?

Firstly this is hard to believe. I dont mean to offend you, as you are the most active admin on our server and you are willing to abandon your other games to help us, I don't see it as fair to take so much time away from the 3 admins (Mei, Spik and M-m) that I ever see available to help on ph servers.

Edit: Also bare in mind not all players have you or other admins on their friend list. Not on a gm server = not available.

I understand the risk of giving people powers in the server. It is difficult to find people you can trust not to kill the servers. Admin powers are being abused even now, but thankfully not enough to cause problems, and only with enjoyment being the prime encouragement to abuse the powers. I would say there are quite a few active players who are responsible and understand good and bad situations to mute people (to name a few; dumbledork, scorad, zon, don, grunt and myself) and the only thing that would stop them from keeping the server under control is whether or not they are trusted to do so. It is the difference of relying on 3 people or 10. Feels big to me.

I am open for discussion, I do understand that I can be wrong most of the time, I am merely writing a suggestion and talking things through so that I understand how things work. I am sorry if I offend anyone. <3

Last edited: 10 May 2016
  7. Oh come on, its been like a Year since last update, its so outdated its sad, Powerlord or Dark please, wont bother suggesting other changes but ugh please at least ban/balance the tough break weapons. :saddowns:

8. Gaw discord is my friend now

Dark won't be making any changes. PropHunt Redux replaced PropHunt in 2013. It's entirely obsolete. A different plugin.

The reason we are having problems is because we are on 3.1.3s, as opposed to 3.2.0/3.2.1/3.3.0/3.3.1/3.3.2/3.3.3/3.3.3v2 or the latest 3.4.0.0 Beta 3. I believe it's impossible to just download the latest version and replace it. Then there are many new requisite plugins, which could break other servers due to forked install/symlinking everywhere.

Waiting for the PropHunt Redux 4.0 (with banning weapons by type rather than individually ) seems like the best option. It would also auto-update. You'd need to ask @Powerlord for an ETA on the release of that.

The activity, coverage and amount of admins will be looked at when Redux 4.0 releases. New admins will most likely be added, if they can be vetted by the existing GM playerbase/staff.

I realise this is a shitty situation for everyone involved, especially if you are passionate about PropHunt.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  9. Powerlord Current Prop Hunt maintainer guy

Well, Dark would have to recompile it as I don't distribute versions of PropHunt with the stats code compiled into it.

Having said that, PropHunt Redux has two types of dependencies: Required and Optional.

The only Required dependency not shipped with SourceMod itself is TF2Items. This has been required since 3.0.0.

Optional dependencies have changed between versions. One of the major ones, DHooks, has actually been removed in 3.4.x because I found a better way to get TF2 to do the team switches itself.

There's a bit of irony there as this change has caused some new errors to be logged, which is one of the reasons 3.4.0 final hasn't been released yet... a bunch of errors are being logged to the console due to some weird timing issues in TF2 itself.

I need to test some different ways of fixing this, but...

...all my SourceMod scripting stuff has been put on hold for the moment as I deal with some real life things.

• List
  10. [​IMG] Well our ph has a huge potential exploit problem, Mr. Pink can spawn as any class, like soldier as prop (and shoot) or spy as blue, and also under the map, says this exploit ONLY works on GM prophunt.

Last edited by a moderator: 28 Dec 2016
  11. The explanation:
    Before joining a team, the command join_class (class) is entered into the console
    this has to be done during the first 20s setup period
    afterwards, you can join either team during either setup time
    some maps you spawn outside the map, some inside, and some in between
    to do the bug again, one would have to rejoin the server and go through the process again
    Thanks to ConTroll for helping.
    Part 2 of it:
    If you are blu scout, you have guns for the next 30 seconds as prop, also cloak and dagger props as well..
    Server is completely broken atm
    Not sure if things will remain calm-ish for long if other prophunt players find out about this.

Last edited: 8 Jun 2016
    • List
  12. ConTroll Mains World of Tanks

They will find out if posted publicly on the website :p

P.S. nice screenshot, rip don :3

Last edited: 9 Jun 2016
  13. ConTroll Mains World of Tanks

Both me and pink understand that we should not use the bug to bring our team any advantage and will avoid doing so (see pink using rocket jumper instead of one that does damage in screenshot). We also agreed not to share how its done with the public (although mei done so now). We are currently experimenting (mostly when the server is empty) the possible dangers of this bug. One thing we found recently is that it can be used to crash the server sending players to their desktops, of course we will avoid doing so. I really doubt this bug will be found by players as the process is long and specific, and it had existed for a few years already. After testing on other servers, we found this bug has already been fixed on 3.3.x+ versions of ph, but of course gm is outdated :p

14. Subv You ain't even lord of your yard

rip prophunt

i never liked it anyway

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  15. Prophunt will never die!

16. Scorad reported that prop guns are broken, they usually have it before round starts and can kill the BLU team, 6 times today, it was a very rare occurence but today its very common apparently, this is ridiculous, wasnt in server during that time, will begin banning for that now.
    Also, im pretty sure "time played" is broken in our servers too, i played for like 2-3 hours, counted for like 6, ConTroll played in GM ph for 2501 hours even though he played TF2 for only 900, everything is really sped up here aswell.

17. It's been needing a serious update for a while, but we'll have to wait for 4.0, whenever that is set to be released

18. Selvar Uhu

Okay, we have big problems on prop hunt server, all weapons which were banned, so they coudn't be even choosen are possible to choose now, and other problem is that props can use their all weapons in preparation time, which can end killing all pyros by props in 30 first second, as you can see at demo.

Attached Files:

19. Wow, probably one of the biggest prophunt bugs i've seen. If it can't be fixed in any way, maybe there should be a consideration for temporarly closing the server or it might lead to a lot of abuse of, well, everything from the players.
    Edit: apparently its not GM fault, its problem in all ph servers

Last edited: 13 Oct 2016
  20. Powerlord Current Prop Hunt maintainer guy

No clue why I didn't get emailed about this.

This was an issue with the pre-Halloween update and the TF2Items extension which required new gamedata.

SourceMod automatically checks for gamedata updates for this extension on server reboot, but it takes a second reboot to actually apply it, so most servers should be updated by now.

Edit: GMail is treating all messages from GamingMasters as spam, apparently.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)