PropHunt Suggestions and Changes

Discussion in 'PropHunt' started by Geit, 28 Feb 2010.

1. cenpls Original Bhoomika Gupta

Remove Dynamic. :awesome:

2. pascal mapper

an big tree you see nothing!(the big green wan)

3. pascal mapper

i have it ( decompiled) and recompil it and its stuck on the vbsd cession

Welcome to VBCT
    Session Date: maandag 1 maart 2010, 21:34:22
    OS = Windows XP (Microsoft Windows NT 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3)
    VBCT Version: 1.0k

Skipping VBSP during compile!
    Run VVIS during compile!
    Run VRAD during compile!

VBSP Needs to be run FIRST!!
    Skipping VVIS during compile!
    Skipping VRAD during compile!
    Run VBSP during compile!

Advanced Compile Options Panel selected!
    VBSP Advanced: -leaktest -low
    VVIS Advanced: -FullMinidumps -verbose
    VRAD Advanced: -dumptrace -FullMinidumps -loghash -verbose

Fast Compile Selected!
    Compile Start Time: maandag 1 maart 2010, 21:34:53

-------------- Start Compile BSP ----------------
    VBSP Started, Please Wait!

VBSP: d:\games\steam\steamapps\pascalpothof\sourcesdk\bin\orangebox\bin\vbsp.exe -leaktest -low -game "d:\games\steam\steamapps\pascalpothof\team fortress 2\tf" "D:\maps\tf2\ph_persia_pascal"

EnumerateApp( 211 ) failed: SteamEnumerateApp(211,0x870fd04,0x870fd4c) failed with error 1: The registry is in use by another process, timeout expired

Compile Complete for this module.
    VBSP Completed: maandag 1 maart 2010, 21:36:56
    WARNING: expected log file not found: D:\maps\tf2\ph_persia_pascal.log
    Catch: in VBSP logfile Merge!

Unable to read one or more Log files!

One Line Summary: 1-3-2010 21:36:56, ph_persia_pascal.vmf, Team Fortress 2, crashed?, not run, not run, 00:02:03, n/a, n/a, 00:02:03
    History.csv was updated.

Compile Summary - job mode: FAST
    Map Name: ph_persia_pascal.vmf
    VBSP - mode:crashed?, n/a, 00:02:03 elapsed
    VVIS - mode:not run, n/a, n/a elapsed
    VRAD - mode:not run, n/a(LDR), n/a(HDR), n/a elapsed
    Total Compile time: 00:02:03

and i have reduce the displacements and the light

4. (not prophunt related: get an anti-HLSS tool on the server(s)]

ph-related:
    -delete minigun
    -allow engineer
    (engineer only pistol and wrench, but reduce crit rate if possible)
    -allow medic
    (only ubersaw/bonesaw and no health regeneration)
    -allow spy
    (just no ambassador or disguise kit, since it allows you to see enemy's names when you look at them)
    -add a 'whistle'
    (I've seen this in a prophunt server in counterstrike source, if you typed !whistle your prop would whistle, kind of the same as calling 'medic' but might be more fun ^^)
    -reduce the time you're on fire after getting burned
    -fix/remove cyberpunk

5. One thing I would absolutely love to see, is the names of people who joined in later than everyone else and decide to micspam the shit out of the server. As an admin, I'm unable to mute the person because I simply can not see who is doing it. I've had people come and literally scream in their mic for an entire 3 minute round because nobody knew who was doing it, thus making it unstoppable and incredibly frustrating.

6. /mute @spec

7. Cookies4you Crippling Pickling Prickling Disorder

maybe instead of melee jumping, you could probably use the afterburner code from rmf_menu abilities. you could edit the afterburner to allow second jumps for classes and a jetpack style hover for pyros instead of standard flamer firing

http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=99871

you would need to customize the code to make the abilities inate(Passive) for the class so that the player wouldn't need to choose it. disguise jutsu might work with blue spys if added.

RMF is just an option

you could create your own code for additional jumps such as making it a double jump code, mimicking the scout double jump, only jumping higher

8. This tbh

Also I'm quite tempted to scrap the current mouse controls and go with:

- LMB: Toggle locked camera
    - RMB: Toggle first/third person with prop hiding for firstperson

9. MrMike This is my face when you talk

but there are alot of people (by alot i mean ME >: ) who don't like using the pyro, i understand that it's the core part of ph so i'm not against it but it can feel so cheap getting done in by a random spray, and a backburner one at that.
    i like variaty, i love being a melle heavy and i normally get quite a few kills with it as well, same with the sniper, ok the huntsman is ridiculusly overpowered with luck and should be nerfed but i also like the team work used with the jarate. i even enjoy being a demoman with the shield and bottle as it's fun to use.
    i don't think that adding the new classes was bad but the way some of them were added.
    Heavy shouldn't have minigun and the snipers huntsmen needs nerfing but apart from that it's fun to mess around with the other classes, though i don't think the spy should be put in as facestab rage will happen >:

10. I like the sound of this.

Back to the good old days when right click locked you in places such as inside the chimney in Harvest and behind the borders on Brawl. I miss those days... and unstuck throwing you 50 feet into the air too.

I miss how PH was when it was first released. It saddens me that there's only a couple of people who remember those days. Good times back when Dark actually used to play =P haha~

11. The new ph_sawmill might get me back on, since it's still pretty much the only map I've properly enjoyed - hiding behind things rather than blending in.

12. I'm not sure what that does, but I am sure that it doesn't solve the issue at hand. Look at it from the server's perspective and not the player's. As an admin its part of my duty to make sure people aren't able to just scream for a couple minutes straight, completely ruining people's gaming experience. People, including myself, pay money to play on the servers that we do, and part of that goes towards ensuring a top notch server to play on that isn't overrun by tools who can't stop micspamming to save their ass. I need the ability to see who is talking, not the ability to mute all spectators.

13. All these changes have gone live so far:

• Added engineer (minus sentry) and medic (minus blutsauger and medigun/kritzkrieg)
    • New mouse controls (LMB = toggle version of old RMB camera lock; RMB = first/third person toggle)
    • Forced tf_weapon_criticals on
    • Crits disabled (regardless of tf_weapon_criticals)
    • Increased tf_arena_max_streak (team scramble) to 5
    • Various minor optimisations

14. The MC Official GM PropHunt Manager

It seems like a cheap way out of what wasn't even a big problem. All anyone wanted was for the minigun to be removed and a couple of new melee (secondary/primary in Engi case) classes to be added. Instead, we've lost a vast amount of variety in the mod and i'm both annoyed and disappointed.

I'd hoped that this thread would spark good suggestions and great improvements to the mod, but as it turns out, one admin (who doesn't play on the server a huge deal) has made a, with all due respect, ill thought out suggestion that nobody else agreed with and it has been implemented with no hesitation. Why couldn't the heavy's minigun simply be removed without hesitation? That would stop a lot of the complaining far quicker that this change will ever be lived down.

I myself remember Pyro only, despite being a very occaisional player back then. None of the new classes apart from the Heavy added much unbalance to the mod (Infact, most are underpowered and hard to use well), so I don't understand why we should lose our variety.

Sorry for the semi-rage post, but i'm sure as hell going to complain a LOT more about this than I did about the Heavy's minigun, and I really despised the minigun.

15. Yeah I've reverted that now :P

16. delete the sound (beeeeeeep !) that plays whenever you hit a wall/corner O_O

17. That was a bug caused by a missing bracket in this monstrosity: :P

PHP:
    // tl;dr - (LMB and not crouching OR any movement key while locked) AND not holding key
    if(((((buttons IN_ATTACK) == IN_ATTACK && (buttons IN_DUCK) != IN_DUCK) || ((buttons IN_FORWARD) == IN_FORWARD || (buttons IN_LEFT) == IN_LEFT || (buttons IN_RIGHT) == IN_RIGHT || (buttons IN_BACK) == IN_BACK || (buttons IN_JUMP) == IN_JUMP) && g_RotLocked[client]))  && !g_HoldingLMB[client]){

18. MrMike This is my face when you talk

Well i have to say i'm very impressed =3
    i'm now used to the new controll system with the props and i think it's really good. It allows props a choice of first person and third and also helps when you have those gigantic props you can't see out of.
    i'm glad that medic and engie have been put in, it's nice to see a team that isn't all pyros but a mix of classes.
    overall well done dark great job =3

19. Geit Coding wizard!

WIP - Small (3000x2000 ish) Swamp map intended for smaller servers/lower amounts of people.
    [​IMG]

20. I've no problems at all with it. Everything is smooth, works great and there's little to no bugs. It was a bit rough there when testing it but it's all good now.

I can't wait to see some of the other changes you mentioned~

Booo on my favorite glitch being patched though haha =P

That looks... ugly Geit. Lul~
    Looks like it'll be a nice map to play on when there's few people but damn, swamp maps are so ugly.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

Users found this page by searching for:

1. swamp map css

2. best prophunt spots ph_sawmill

3. I cant play Team fortress 2 The registry is in use by another process timeout expired

4. team fortress 2 timeout on prop hunt servers,
  5. vbsp needs to be run first!!,
  6. unable to read one or more log files! vbct,
  7. prophunt vmf,
  8. prophunt maps vmf,
  9. vbct error VBSP Needs to be run FIRST!!,
  10. how to change camera on Prophunt tf2