reserved slots?

Discussion in 'Server/Website Chat' started by The Xtractor, 14 Apr 2009.

1. The Xtractor Certified Weeaboo

reserved slots?

never thought about it?
    dustbowl is a very wanted servers and i have to wait some time to get in most of times (evening then).
    if you need some extra money for the servers or someting you can make ppl buy a reserved slot :).

just someting that came into my mind.

2. Re: reserved slots?

we've talk about this b4.

not really good idea though, *no need to go into premium stuff*.Just help fill us up the others server, #2, #4, #5. and spam some invites :) don't spam the darksock.

also message one of the admins on db, to see any afks or spec mode ppl, to be kicked ;)

3. Re: reserved slots?

Reserved slots are a good idea imo, at least it was successful for us. It really helps to help pay for the servers and you don't need to do expensive things either.

Our "payment plan":
    £3 gets you a reserved slot for 2 month
    £5 gets you a reserved slot for 4 months

Which I think is very cheap, and it's a service that is really well received with the regulars on the server because they don't have to wait to enter any more

4. The Xtractor Certified Weeaboo

Re: reserved slots?

its really stupid when i, a active community member have to wait for like 10 minutesf or playing, and going into an other empty server of rotation is not option for me.

some more reasons for me to not join rotation :
    -every time i join rotation the map will end in 1 min
    -or i hate the map
    -or its well (CP) which is super laggy with me because the outdoor part is too big for my PC.
    (not your fault i know)

5. Spykodemon Disabled account

Wow.

Reserve slots makes the full servers worse for people who can't pay for a reserve slot.

6. The Xtractor Certified Weeaboo

hmm thats true, and its also shit when you get kicked for it.

7. Robbiebob Non Verba, Sed Acta

Conclusion: NO reserved slots in GM

If you do wait long to come in the server, ask an admin through Steam chat to kick AFK people

8. Re: reserved slots?

+1. Not even the leaders have reserved slots on these servers - and I HATE it when I'm on a server and I get kicked because someone with a reserved slot joined. :/

9. Re: reserved slots?

There will not be reserved slots on the GM servers - I check with admins that there aren't any afk and, if I have to wait I click on auto-join and play a rocket-jump map or some bball or something. Reserved slots will just turn new people away from the servers and annoy people and is just a step away from selling admin tbh - it won't happen.

10. Robbiebob Non Verba, Sed Acta

Maybe that's also a reason why we have so many admins (?)

11. The Xtractor Certified Weeaboo

well its nice for the admins for afk-check :).
    most of the time i go listen some music or clean up things i have in my room, always forget those things ;P.

12. Vacoy some sort of fucking fish

Am I the only one sitting in front op ma pc hoping the nice people wont be gone by the time I can join? darn...

13. Re: reserved slots?

when i wait i always make a sandvich
    time enough lol

14. Fromage "The Cheese"

I really think that should happen automatically. If you're afk in spawn for a certain time you go spec, and if you spec longer than XX then kick. simple :)

Erik

15. The Xtractor Certified Weeaboo

i disagree, when im playing and have to go for quite some time away (getting some chips, going to bathroom, dinner etc) i go to spec and come back later.

16. Geit Coding wizard!

Which isn't allowed, and will eventually get you banned, if you are not playing, leave and rejoin when you want to play agin.

17. Fromage "The Cheese"

Well auto-kick shouldn't kick before 5 mins of afk, then you'll have time to go to the bathroom and get chips. If you're gonna make dinner or take a walk i suggest you leave and rejoin so people who actually play can join.

Erik

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

Users found this page by searching for:

1. reserved slots are stupid

2. buy reserved slot