Rewritten HLStatsX Sig Generator

Discussion in 'Server/Website Chat' started by Dark, 13 May 2008.

1. Rewritten HLStatsX Sig Generator

Many thanks to Core's VPS host for installing freetype, which allowed me to recode the hlstatsx sig gen to use proper truetype fonts, rather than some shitty bitmap fonts that PHP's GD has built in. This allowed me to add support for utf8 characters, which fixes the lack of fancy characters in names.

For the name and info, I used Arial as it seemed to have the widest compatibility with weird symbols (utf8).
    And I replaced the HLStatsX bit with the TF2 font :D

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

As far as I know, that symbol that can decorate any letter (as seen in Bamm's name) partly uses utf-16, meaning only specific fonts can render it. But even if I knew what font steam used, the MySQL database is still set for utf-8 :(

Luckily it does a better job than the HLStatsX web interface or the forums (???B?mm) as it only renders a single square and if you look closely, you can see part of the symbol appearing.

Anyway, enjoy :D

Last edited: 28 Dec 2016
  2. Re: Rewritten HLStatsX Sig Generator

nice work!

3. Re: Rewritten HLStatsX Sig Generator

look pretty cool,

I wonna reply to any post now, just to see my new nice looking Signature. Just the Numbers inside the sig are not so cool... but that's not your fault ;)

4. Re: Rewritten HLStatsX Sig Generator

The font size is now 1 pt bigger and it should be completely scalable (before it looked weird if someone had more or less than 3 digits in their rank or if their score was really high). :D

5. Re: Rewritten HLStatsX Sig Generator

Looking good :D

6. Re: Rewritten HLStatsX Sig Generator

Looking very nice. Quite an improvement. :)

7. Bun

Re: Rewritten HLStatsX Sig Generator

Nice! \/

8. Re: Rewritten HLStatsX Sig Generator

Thanks guys :D

9. Re: Rewritten HLStatsX Sig Generator

:)

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hlstatsx font

2. rewrite sig hlstatsx

3. hlstatsx sig

4. hlstatsx signature generator,
  5. tf2 font generator,
  6. hlstatsx rewrite /sig last;,
  7. sig hlstatsx