Rocketjumping server

Discussion in 'Server/Website Chat' started by Ravioli, 5 Jun 2013.

1. Ravioli what?

Hello everyone. I don't know how you all will react to this, and I will probably be drowned in Douglasses, but I just wanna say something. I have a group on steam, (Link here http://steamcommunity.com/groups/Rocketjumping4life) And I would need a server, not just for the group, also to rocketjump on and practise. I know more people in this community do rocketjump, but I have no idea if anyone will agree with me on this. It might sound like I am begging or whining for this to happend, but it was just a thought I got and I asked myself why not give it a try. I know that it'd make very much work for whoever would make it, I have no idea of who would do it, if this every would go trough, but it's just a thought I've got. I also think that we could replace a rocketjumper server with one of the servers that are never being used, like #10 (lakeside, don't know if anyone plays there, never seen anyone atleast.)
    So I know it might sound like a stupid idea, but hey, why not? Would take much effort (I think) but it'd be cool to have one in our community.

Let's see what answers and negative rating I'll get, probably new blowbo.

Awesomeguy.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  2. Subv You ain't even lord of your yard

I think it's a nice idea, with a rotation of nice jump maps (Eg: Hightower, upward, badlands) might not be dedicated to it, maybe just the map rotation.

3. Ravioli what?

Indeed subv. I mean why not remove a server that no one plays at and replace it with a server that atleast a few people would play on? (If it actually would appear that we make a rocketjumper server don't think so.. then it'd mean we get an own rocketjumper sever + a server that i could use for my group. A little but optimistic yes, but as i said many times, just thoughts.

4. Dan Chief Detective at GM Police HQ - Jagex #1 Fan!

The blowbo thing was never really a thing. Dark just spammed him with 1,000 + ratings on one post. :P

Anyway, can't you just load it up in singleplayer? Do you really need a server to rocket jump on together?

Also, there are also rocket jump maps loaded onto the dedi already, I remember Blue, Geit and I played them a few times. Just get an admin to load it up on the private war server. I don't think anyone would have a real problem with people using it if you knew them.

5. Ravioli what?

Ah i see. Well it's the thing that my group, I made it to teach out how to rocketjump. And yeah ofc I could use another server, and I could ask the admin to make a private lobby for me and so. But I think it'd be cool to have an rocketjumper server here on THIS forum, we have like 2-3 spare servers, so I mean why not? Not to sound optimistic or anything, but I think it'd be a cool idea to have one.

6. Dan Chief Detective at GM Police HQ - Jagex #1 Fan!

TF2 servers take a lot of resources to run iirc. Seems silly to take a normal server anyone can play on and change it into something that'll only appeal to a small group of people, and will most likely only be used by you a few others.

Again, maybe you should see if you'd be allowed to use the private war server. It's never used at the minute. Might be used for scrims or for the highlander tourney, but I'm sure that's not a big deal.

Sorry if I seem like I'm being argumentative, but your server literally already exists. Just ask for permission to use the private war server.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  7. Ravioli what?

I never thought of that Dan, that's really informative and usefull, thanks! And about the argumenting, it's cool, everybody must say/tell their own opinion. :) But sure, I'll look it up, never thought of that.. o:
    Again thanks! :D

8. Rioter Mad man box wearing lunatic for President

Just find me or Dark or Gaw (or possibly Savage or Mysteryem) and we can always get that up and running on Private War or #8 or something like that.

No point increasing the number of servers hardly getting action, we have enough as it is and are looking to reduce the number of TF2 servers.

9. Ravioli what?

That's why i said we could close one and open a rocketjumper server. But nevermind that now, I'll take a word with someone about a private server. :)

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

Users found this page by searching for:

1. tf2 rocketjumping servers 2013