Server #3 class limits

Discussion in 'Server/Website Chat' started by Th-, 8 Feb 2009.

?

Engineer limited to 4 on Dustbowl 24/7

1. Better than before

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Worse than before

100.0%
  1. Fromage "The Cheese"

Re: Server #3 class limits

Oops. Forgot that you liked sniping... don't ban me please... :mrgreen:

Erik

2. Obaruler German Rager/Spamer

[whisper to Cheeze] Just say, this was meant like "5 snipers in attack team is retarded, sniper itself is pro as hell", so you wont get a ban, but a delicious cookie from him [/whisper to Cheeze] ^^

3. Fromage "The Cheese"

Hehe... Well out of my 700 hours in TF2 i sniped about 9 hours, found the class uber lame so.. I never really understood why 3 or more snipers in blue would help the team to success so... but limits is the wrong way to deal with the core game mechanics. If people dont know which class to use in the current situation then a limit won't help anyhow.

Erik

4. Th-

Come again? Have you fought snipers like How would you fight more than three of them?

PS: If this is the first time you see this, please don't even start with the hitboxes... check steam forums, they're explained in the op, thx.

5. Re: Server #3 class limits

A skilled sniper can own an entire team by himself. But nothing. The times we have come across a skilled sniper in PCWs etc we have found it very hard to counter.

6. Fromage "The Cheese"

Well. If you ever played on GM#3 and look at the snipers there... they barely move, since dustbowl isn't as open as the ones in the movie you showed. It's almost impossible to play like that on dust to be honest. Having snipers @ blue in the spawn area when you run for the second point is fail. :mrgreen:

The guy in the movie certainly has skills but they won't do on DB even if you had 5 snipers like that, trust me. :D

Have you ever seen 1 out of 4-5 snipers cap @ blue? Nope, that's why you don't need lots of them. :) 2 decent snipers can keep a whole team off but that rarely happens.

Erik

7. Th-

True. In fact one of the reason we restricted snipers (and spies) on servers 2 and 4 is the decreased effect of each additional player.

8. Re: Server #3 class limits

Well we've played DB as a PCW like, twice, and neither time the enemy took a sniper. But in the few 6 v 6 PCWs we've played when the enemy had a skilled sniper he has literally carried the entire team - fair point, the sniper never capped anything, but that's because he was too busy cutting off massive areas of the map and killing us all... JH's sniping skills will 'not do' for DB? If you can do that in 6 v 6 when you overtake the medic as primary target then I dread to think what he would do in 32-man dustbowl.

However there is a skill issue that is important here - an unskilled demo/soldier can still cause massive amounts of damage by accident, whereas an unskilled sniper is pretty much useless.

9. Fromage "The Cheese"

Well that might be good for a "match server" but when you play on public servers you don't want to wait to play your class, then you're most likely to leave instead. It should be said in the server naming then that it has those limitations to get rid of the frustration (like the "instant spawn" ones.)

Edit. Piss, of course I'm talking about GM#3 now where you play 32 players, he won't be able to jump out in the fields since there will be at least 10 sentries waiting for him. In a 6 vs 6 on dust im sure any class can win easily if you know how to play it, even scout. But when it comes to 32 vs 32 five of those super snipers wouldn't do because of the spam/sentry amount....

Erik

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)