Server Downtime log

Discussion in 'Server/Website Chat' started by Spykodemon, 19 Dec 2009.

1. Spykodemon Disabled account

Server Downtime log

This is getting rediculous, so I thought it'd be interesting to log every downtime that happens in regards to the TF2 servers to see how large it gets:

[highlight][19:12, 18/12/2009] - ALL servers down - Reason: Lag Fix - Warning?: Yes [/highlight]
    [highlight][19:26, 18/12/2009] - ALL servers down - Reason: Dedi restart - Warning?: No [/highlight]
    [highlight][14:18, 19/12/2009] - ALL servers down - Reason: UNKNOWN - Warning?: No[/highlight]
    [highlight][06:47, 20/12/2009] - ALL servers down - Reason: UNKNOWN - Warning?: No[/highlight]

If you see the servers go down, post in here the time and date and what servers went down.

(Just For Fun.)

• Late Late x 1
    • Douglas Douglas x 1
    • List
  2. Geit Coding wizard!

Expect more lag/take-downs until we can find the cause behind the lag.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  3. i bet its the new updates :/

4. Knud Phat beats only

Its also loosing connection to the steam fart system?

5. Geit Coding wizard!

Yep, Global issue Knud.

6. Knud Phat beats only

Ok, thanks.
    But it happens random, very annoying.

7. Poxie Ray-Banned

[13:40, 23/12/2009] - ALL servers down - Reason: UNKNOWN - Warning?: No

8. I blame goat

9. [15:20, 24/12/2009] - ALL servers down - Reason: My bad - Warning?: No

Server manager had latched L4D2 on to process id 400 which was obviously a key system process, resulting in an instant BSOD when I went to kill it (obviously I noticed this after I hit the button).

I'll be adding a fix to check the window class of processes' main windows before considering it a running server.

10. BeauChaotica bodyshot noob

Well obviously!

11. [10:05, 28/12/2009] - ALL servers down - Reason: UNKNOWN - Warning?: No :sigh:

we should write a notice in game that it going to be restarted etc.
    cos it damage the reputation of the servers by keep restarting it without a reason(or notice) especially when it has players in, no matter how many.

12. Spykodemon Disabled account

Oh right yeah, the Dedi restarts every day at about 10:05am. :)

But what he said, we need some kind of scheduled warning (Over DarkiSock would be most efficient) to tell everyone it will be restarted.

13. oh well i managed to fill half of server 2 dis morning
    maybe we should schedule an auto restart at 5am or so not at 10am ;)

14. SnuggleMuffin SnuggleMuffin

^agreed

15. Gaw discord is my friend now

I already asked dark that months ago, he said no because of the americans online. 10 is good as the americans are going to sleep, and the UK people have not come online yet.

16. Geit Coding wizard!

Yeah, Server Restarts at 10am, we consider that to be the time when least people are on. - Anyway, I'll ask Dark to make sure it sends a message through darkisock before a scheduled reboot..

17. [01:30-10:00, 29/12/2009] - ALL servers lagging like hell - Reason: Windows. - Warning?: No

Windows TCP driver completely fucked up when I went to restart nginx, and started blocking all connections. Thankfully Source (like almost all games) uses UDP, but the ping skyrocketed to around 1000ms.

Since we don't have a remote reboot port, I've added a system which can survive the loss of almost all networking and let me reboot the dedi.

18. [00:20 03/01/2010] - ALL servers down - Reason: idk - Warning?: NO

had massive lag every 3 mins, and freezes for 20 seconds, and back again.

19. ^ Windows.

20. Stickied

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

Users found this page by searching for:

1. server downtime log

2. how to check windows downtime logs

3. windows server downtime log

4. downtime log website,
  5. downtime log,
  6. website downtime log,
  7. server logs downtime,
  8. check logs for server downtime,
  9. reason for server down server logs,
  10. how to check windows server downtime logs