Server failure

Discussion in 'Server/Website Chat' started by Dark, 29 Oct 2013.

1. Mole45 Dance Little Liar

I know it's early and stuff is probably still being fixed/made work, but I can't post in the shoutbox: "A server error occurred. Please try again later"

2. fixed, uids/gids came in wrong

3. currently working on getting the gameservers up, appears they are not too happy with grsec

4. Cactus The key is to never give up

2latealreadyseppuku

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  5. Gameservers are now up and running

6. Fixed members page (thanks spidey)

• Like Like x 2
    • Wizard Wizard x 2
    • List
  7. Fixed steamcmd and updated tf2+gmod

8. Is it worth putting up the .48 redirection servers again?

Unbelievably we still have .48 pointed at the server

9. Humpers GM's Resident #420 Twatmeister General

What harm could it do?

10. they're a little tricky to turn off again :V

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Wizard Wizard x 1
    • List
  11. Mr.Bam Praise the sun!

Well, twenty posts of wizardry I dont understand but I assume Dark is doing great work.
    Thank you for that Dark.

12. Gaw discord is my friend now

Doubt it would make much difference after the extreme downtime, I really wouldn't bother

13. can't get the script that starts them to work so fuck it

14. apparently they started by themselves

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Wizard Wizard x 1
    • List
  15. mfw the ridiculous amount of srcds servers

[​IMG]

and still 14gb ram free

16. blasting the server with linpack because why not

seems the cpu temperature tops out at 70c, a massive improvement on the previous 95-100c

17. So an update on this after nearly a week:

- IPMI is bloody handy, will mean I can keep on top of updates without being scared of breaking anything (the fact that the old server reached 180 or whatever days uptime was not necessarily a good thing)
    - Cooling has improved an incredible amount, so much so that I can take the CPU fan off constant 100% (which should prolong its lifetime somewhat)
    - No amount of hackery/fake framebuffers/etc will allow the P4600 gpu to function on a C224 chipset so osurecord.weeaboo.com is permanently discontinued
    - New grsec kernel has bedded in nicely with the final incompatibility (draw.weeaboo) now resolved. Makes me feel a bit happier about the other user accounts on the server.
    - Single thread performance on the new CPU is unbelievable, absolutely no doubt this thing could run 4x 64 slot GMOD servers at full capacity. Looking at a 32 slot TF2 server, it's gone from 70-80% of a core to 30-50% of a core
    - Having about 12gb ram free for io caching has dramatically improved MySQL performance, no more spikes from hlstatsx
    - Fairly sizeable raw performance boost on the forums - page generation times have gone from 50-200ms to 30-100ms

tl;dr everything is faster and more stable

• Wizard Wizard x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)