Server not listening on Internet even after sv_lan 0

Discussion in 'PropHunt' started by Yash1331, 30 May 2015.

1. Hi. I'm trying to host a PH server myself from the guide on steam group but my dedicated server is only showing in LAN even after setting "sv_lan 0" in server config. Also I'm looking for a free FastDL method if anyone can help with that

UPDATE: . I did some searching about port-forwarding and forwarded/opened my port to 27000 to 27050. is it okey? because it is still showing in lan tab. what range should I put?

Thanks.

Last edited: 29 Jun 2015
  2. You need sv_lan 0 in a config file or +sv_lan 0 on the command line, it's not a runtime editable option iirc

Also you need to jump through a lot of hoops with regard to +ip, port forwarding, etc. if you are running a server on a home internet connection. It's an absolute fucker to get right - google around for a guide or something

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. Sim Burner of props and hunter of hunters

Unless you're me and get people randomly joining your listen servers when you're on tr_walkway, it seems.

4. Powerlord Current Prop Hunt maintainer guy

I meant to reply to this yesterday and forgot.

If you're behind a firewall/router, you need to open/forward the following ports to run a TF2 server:
    • The server's listening -port. Defaults to UDP 27015. Also listens on TCP 27015 if you need RCON.
    • The server's -clientport. Defaults to UDP 27005
    • The server's -sport (steam port). Defaults to UDP 26900 26901. Due to a bug in srcds, this ACTUALLY listens on the port one higher than you set.

5. thats 0 in that config already & i tried to do in command line too which didn't worked. the problem is i don't know much about port-forwarding.... Thanks for the reply :)

ok. first, thanks for reply. I did some searching about port-forwarding and forwarded/opened my port to 27000 to 27050. is it okey? because it is still showing in lan tab. what range should I put?

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

Users found this page by searching for:

1. where to put sv_lan 0 in the config

2. steam server started but port 27015 not listening

3. sv_lan