Server Status

Discussion in 'Server/Website Chat' started by Dark, 24 May 2009.

1. shadiku nyoro~n

Re: Server Status

-snip-

2. Reag My name is an anagram for a reason

3. Re: Server Status

Player counts etc. are gathered using CServerInfo from Sourcebans and the list of servers/mods is taken directly from the Sourcebans database :)

4. shadiku nyoro~n

-snip-

5. Reag My name is an anagram for a reason

Why reinvent the wheel when it already works.

Unless it's a brick of course.

6. Obaruler German Rager/Spamer

Nice one, i like it, i have a higher interest on dedi's in the last time, you know ? = )

I have a LITTLE (not ;) ) question: I am thinking about geting my own server, ..... just thinking a bit:

Well, a good friend of mine came up with the idea of renting a server for various stuff (one of these would be acting as a Fileserver, because he will be forced after summer to continue his studying in the USA, and he dislikes the idea of going to the US without all his files so his idea was to combine the massive Download-rate of hte university he is going to with a nice Upload-rate of a private server somewhere - well, carrying more then 2 HDDs with himself would be suspicious ;) ). The main reason would have been to be a Crysis Wars Gameserver (his fav. game, am playing this sometimes with him) .... the good thing is: He has a hell lot of money to burn. his parents "like" him so much, they easily pay him his little "trip" to the US ......

He came up with the idea of sharing a server with me. To be honest: I like the idea as well. I have a little job besides the studying, and because i am still living at "home" and get some support from my parents as well i have a nice ammount of money that is going every month to my bank account. I dont waste money, the only thing i am really willing to pay for is PC Hardware. but after some calculating (am planing to get a SSD Raid0 together with Win7 + new GeForce GTX 380 if it coems out) i found out, that i have still money to burn every month, more then 200€.

Either me nor my friend ever had our own server (i only have a home server in my basement for file streaming into our local network via W- and DLAN), so we both have no idea what we really have to look for, we only agree in the point, that it should be fast. We plan to "share" the server 50/50, but the point of payment is flexible. His words were "look for what you think we need and pay what you think whats fair, ill pay the rest" - Good deal imo. The offered me this, because we are neighbors (more or less, same street) and we are best friends from the 5th grade on.

Seeing what you guys pay for the GM dedi (£125 = 142€) ....... i thought that something arround 50-80 € from my side would be OK (keeping in mind, that my friend would pay the same ammount of Euros + more) .... well, he would use the server for files and as one Crysis Warhead server. The "rest" would be there for my uses, and because i have no other idea (so far) what to do with it i would donate it of course for GM.

But: (I really have no experiences with servers) Is it even possible for 1 server to work as a file and gaming server ? :/

And: What kind of machine does it has to be ? We both like the idea of a new Xeon-DP-5500-based (Nehalem) server, because be both own a Core i7 rig and are stunned by its performance (well, if my MoBo havent died today ...... see ma thread :'-( ) so we thought for a Crysis-runing server it would be usefull ..... HELP ! ^^

(And ye, that would mean Darki could lay his magic haxin' fingers on it xD)

And yes, this is a please for some guidance, im a bloody nub @ servers ....

7. shadiku nyoro~n

-snip-

8. Geit Coding wizard!

All the dedicated servers at KC can do virtually anything, Webserves, FileSevers, Game servers etc etc, The only limits are that: you don not use it for filesharing (Torrents), or IRCDs.

While, at this very moment i can't find the system requirements for a crysis warhead server, i'd imagine that an R300 could handle it without breaking a sweat. :D

Our dedi gets a discount because of some work darki did for KC, we should be paying only £45 for it, darki is yet to finish the work though.:roll:
    I would imagine an R300 would do everything that you ask without breaking a sweat, without finding some detail on crysis server requirements it's only a guess though.

9. shadiku nyoro~n

-snip-

10. Re: Server Status

R200 would piss a Crysis server, let alone a R300

11. Obaruler German Rager/Spamer

Mhhh .... R300 .......... *thinking* .........

well, i still have time to think about this until July, because my friend intended to rent a serverafter summer, because he only needs it from the winter-semester on ....

Just wanted to know, if that would be enough power to do what we want, at least we have (talked to my friend yesterday) 200€ of monthly budget, he is stacking up what i want to pay up to that sum - if we need it.

But: It seems like there isnt a possibilty to upgrade the HDD storage @ the KillerCreation servers, right ? :/ He wants more then 500 Gig, you know any good provider that offer such stuff ? ^^

And dont worry: It isnt for filesharing, he only wants something like a online HDD for his personal access .... + a game server slot.

12. Re: Server Status

I think these offer extra HDD space for a small fee, not sure though so best to contact them.

http://www.inx-gaming.com/

13. Obaruler German Rager/Spamer

Just found something at the homepage of my Internet Service Provider:

I know, you guys cant speak german, so here the autotranslated version of Google: http://translate.google.com/transla...igin=ServerPremium&sl=de&tl=en&hl=de&ie=UTF-8

Useful ?!

EDIT: Costs 149€ a month the first 6 months, after that 299 a month, minimum contract time would be 12 months, makes @ the whole year 224€ in average.

Unlimited traffic @ 100MBit/sec

14. Re: Server Status

Well in my experience 1&1 are shit and my opinion of AMD is low at best.

15. Obaruler German Rager/Spamer

lawl, nothing against AMD ! ;P

And 1&1 servers ..... donno, never heard anything about it, just remembered some ad i got via E-Mail .... will ask in ma fav. Hardware-forum tommorrow if they have experiences with them, but as ISP they rock = )

16. Re: Server Status

I believe Core has a VPS hosted with 1&1, I could be wrong though.

Also for the way you plan on using it, you'd probably be better off with one of those fancy cloud storage systems rather than your own server.

17. Obaruler German Rager/Spamer

Oh, Darki is still awake =) Can you tell me if i can "rape" that thing as an ordinary gameserver/fileserver ? Danny seems to hate AMD too much to answer me ^^

18. Obaruler German Rager/Spamer

19. Re: Server Status

yeah man, I want one so much, I might get one just for the fun if it.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

Users found this page by searching for:

1. server status gaming