Servers down?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by DarkWolf, 12 Oct 2008.

1. Re: Servers down?

yay :D

2. Re: Servers down?

3. Re: Servers down?

...and now is simple thing, if most people here will belive that server be formatted by rule of epic fail, it will be formatted...

4. Re: Servers down?

If it is formatted I'm not writing any scripts we lose again.

5. Re: Servers down?

I will hope that all be fine.

6. Re: Servers down?

I hope it backed up already.

so it probably gonna be up on next week monday or late friday evening(this week)

7. Re: Servers down?

Very little was backed up. If in the unlikely event that the data cannot be recovered, we stand to lose:

• All server configurations and command lines[/*:m:2rzyyntp]
    • Sourcemod configurations and plugins[/*:m:2rzyyntp]
    • ZPS Stats and HLStatsX ( :( ) databases[/*:m:2rzyyntp]
    • Configurations for countless programs[/*:m:2rzyyntp]
    • Any demo files that were not backed up elsewhere[/*:m:2rzyyntp]

(this is by no means a full list)

If, somehow, this all sorts itself out, I will be writing a script to gather together everything of relevance, along with a full hard disk map (dunno why, just seems like a good idea), rar/zip it all up and put it on RS (just about the only place I would trust to host/store a backup).

Spyko thanks for your offer, but I'm sure the Tigit guys already have loads of spare hard disks to back up on to :P

8. Re: Servers down?

You are misunderstaing, Darki, the only thing the ZoneAlarm fw very very probably does is preventing anyone to connect to the machine while windows are starting up/shutdowning, that is the case with the login screen, and he is acting like that cause you kept stock settings ;o). The only thing the tigit staff needs to do is go down the server, log in as administrator and disable the fw (most common it is just RMB and disable), then after their logoff, you should be able to log in normally and uninstall it by yourself. I like really don't know why this keeps them busy for like 4 days (no offense). The data really should be intact. About backup - i think you're not keeping anything private on the server so when you make that package, i think trusted members can download them on their on pcs, i have seen RS servers crash and the data were lost forever (cause of saving money there is no raid on them afaik), so more backups you do, the more you will be safe (I don't know how others are with their rigs, but i have plenty of disc space and can spare like up to 50 gigs from GM backup, i think that should be way enough, the package will be less then 10 gigs imho).

9. Re: Servers down?

I didn't install zonealarm to use as a firewall - I was trying to monitor some stuff, but it turns out NetLimiter was what I was really after :( (was trying to see what processes were accessing the internet and how much B/W they were using - after spending ages googling to no avail I went by experience that firewalls offer this kind of data (Bitdefender and some other AV+Firewall package I've forgotten the name of offer it anyway) and installed ZoneAlarm (mainly because I didn't feel like going through the stuggle of getting Bitdefender cracked and I think it may have caused issues in the past)

Also btw, it's a known problem: http://blog.sharpstyle.com/2007/08/26/windows-2003-server-and-zonealarm-do-not-mix/

So basically,
    Code:
    IF Jon and Tom bother to go down there tomorrow
    	IF they manage to get into safe mode and/or edit the BIOS
    		the dedi will be back up tomorrow :D
    	ELSE
    		the dedi is screwed and we'll have to backup all we can and format :(
    	ENDIF
    ELSE
    	same as above, but it'll happen on friday
    ENDIF

lol @ BASIC psuedocode :P

10. Re: Servers down?

It doesnt necessarily be that way, i think that guy just installed it wrong, cause all fw software is basically designed to run mainly on server systems and 2003 is really common. But still they should have fixed it in 24 hours, i think fwing your machine is one of the basic problems the guys are supposed to fix and it really shoudlnt take like 5 days just to uninstall something. The last thing they can do - just remove the hdd, put it into some other machine and manually delete the fw files, yeah, you will get some nasty messages while booting up the pc, but basically it should run fine as long as it didnt change some basic system files, and if it did that, than the ZoneAlarm fails hard and should be banhammored from all :P

11. Robbiebob Non Verba, Sed Acta

Re: Servers down?

Lol Garion apparently, you seem to know a lot of this.. I can't understand a god damn thing of this :D

The only thing I got of it that there was some kind anti-virus program installed and that prevents everyone from logging it the server which screws everything up... Now you need to make backup of import data. Am I right there?

But really, if what Garions says is true, then they aren't really doing a good job there... I mean, transferring a few gigs to another computer and delete some files, does that have to take 5 days?

B/c I'm really bored now without the servers, others just aren't fun like GM's...

12. Re: Servers down?

13. Re: Servers down?

See servers are now online, time to close thread? :)

14. Re: Servers down?

Servers are down

15. Last edited by a moderator: 27 Nov 2013
  16. Re: Servers down?

I did (Just now as you gave me the link) thanks.

:D

17. Robbiebob Non Verba, Sed Acta

Demn the servers are down again??? man I thought they fixed this ...

18. Re: Servers down?

[offended]I'm offended![/offended]

19. Robbiebob Non Verba, Sed Acta

lol ok sry edited*

20. eoN

Lol i think hes just pissing with you ;)

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)