Setting up the servers

Discussion in 'Server/Website Chat' started by Dark, 21 Oct 2008.

1. Setting up the servers

Just so you know, I'm currently reinstalling everything on the dedi and trying to make it a bit easier for us to administrate :)

I'm probably going to rewrite my AHK scripts so that you can start/stop/restart/hide/show the server processes all from one window, and I'll be adding a script to start DarkiSock properly (I guess it's a bit confusing for you guys seeing as you didn't write it :P)

I'm also consolidating the servers to two folders (tf2 and zps), and possibly a third for the match server :)

2. Re: Setting up the servers

different mapcyclefiles should do then, HF there again :) If you need something, i'm on irc.

3. Re: Setting up the servers

^ Ditto :P

4. Re: Setting up the servers

By the way, for TF2, a fresh install would be best I think since the sandvich wasn't working on some servers.

5. Re: Setting up the servers

Yup I'm installing everything from fresh apart from configs etc. :)

And I'm planning on making a really powerful modular server manager in wxJavascript (awesome wxWidgets implementation) :D

Who knows... maybe Tigit could give us some free hosting if we let them use it :P

6. Re: Setting up the servers

I'm listening... :P

7. Re: Setting up the servers

Darki is kindly working on the dedi today, ETA should be a couple of hours, hopefully by the end of today.

8. Re: Setting up the servers

Go on Dark :D
    oh btw Core... Sloganizer is pwn... "I'd sleep with Core" it just said. :lol:

9. Re: Setting up the servers

"Core, there's no better way." :lol:

Anyway a preliminary screenshot:

[​IMG]

Still got a bit of work to do as you can see :P

Last edited: 28 Dec 2016
  10. Re: Setting up the servers

Wow that's a pretty handy tool you're writing there, keep us updated plx! :D

11. Re: Setting up the servers

cool! cant wait man

much appreciated mate, thnx for putting all the effort into this =)

12. Re: Setting up the servers

[​IMG]

Just need to finish the buttons (most of them do nothing :P) and figure out a way of updating the CPU column without raping the CPU :lol:

The players column might make it into the final version depending on how willing the wxJS socket functions are to cooperate :P

13. Re: Setting up the servers

looks good!

friendly interface :)

14. Re: Setting up the servers

Seriously, you could sell your software :)

15. Re: Setting up the servers

didnt try it, but on Win you can try this fot the cpu time

Code:
    # include <stdio.h>
    # include <pdh.h>

double cpuLoad[10];
    double avgCpuLoad = 0;
    int i;

void DispTime()
    {
    HQUERY hQuery;
    HCOUNTER hCounter;

PDH_FMT_COUNTERVALUE FmtValue;

PdhOpenQuery(NULL, 0, &hQuery);

PdhAddCounter(hQuery, "\\Processor(_Total)\\% Processor Time", 0, &hCounter);

printf("Starting the process...\n");

PdhCollectQueryData(hQuery);

PdhGetFormattedCounterValue(hCounter, PDH_FMT_DOUBLE, NULL, &FmtValue);
    printf("The cpu usage is : %f%%\n", FmtValue.doubleValue);

PdhCloseQuery(hQuery);

}

void main()

{

DispTime();

getchar();

}

16. Re: Setting up the servers

Thanks - that should come in handy :D

17. Re: Setting up the servers

yeah, the easiest solution is to make another thread with it and use GetThreadTimes there and sleep the thread for like 1-2 secs, but dunno how much load does that take, never tried it, never needed it ;)

18. Re: Setting up the servers

yea it would be a good idea, then we got lots of feedback from the public and improve better. and also then some money can go towards GM servers :)

19. Re: Setting up the servers

[​IMG]

Finished at last :D

Toolbar (left to right):

• Refresh CPU usage (had to resort to a super-inefficient autohotkey script in the end, so running it on a timer would be madness :P)[/*:m:2cg55vux]
    • Add/Duplicate/Edit/Remove server (uses a simple sqlite database)[/*:m:2cg55vux]
    • Hide/Show SRCDS - completely hides and shows the SRCDS window (doesn't appear on the taskbar or tray when hidden)[/*:m:2cg55vux]
    • Run/Kill/Restart SRCDS - Self explanatory :P[/*:m:2cg55vux]
    • Edit server config - Opens whatever follows +exec in the command line (using -game in the command line to get the folder after srcds.exe) in notepad++ (hard coded but can be changed easily if tigit wants :P) [/*:m:2cg55vux]
    • Edit SM admins - Same again, but for admins_simple.ini[/*:m:2cg55vux]
    • cfg/maps/addons folders - Opens the respective folder in explorer (again, using -game in the command line to fill in /tf2 or whatever)[/*:m:2cg55vux]

20. Re: Setting up the servers

Just tried this and it 's 10/10.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

Users found this page by searching for:

1. darkisock srcds