Shoutbox and Kirino

Discussion in 'Server/Website Chat' started by HellJack, 5 Jan 2013.

1. HellJack A message was delivered, and received.

Would it be possible to remove updates to the Slothbox showing up in Kirino?

I like dragging Kirino into my room in Mumble, so if someone has an issue on the servers I can see the DSock.

But with as active our Slothbox has been as of late, the room get spammed with all sorts of text conversations.

Can we unlink the two?

2. I was JUST bitching about this, thank you :D

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  3. NomNom Chompski BURNING LOVEEEE

tbf, its normally one of us talking through Dsock, which ok, maybe we shouldn't do but. meh.

4. Rioter Mad man box wearing lunatic for President

Nonono, you missed the point. Both DSock and Slothbox messages get forwarded to Kirino.

I thought at some point, Dsock messages we're going to be set up so that all of mumble got the messages... not sure when that's happening. <insert my usual argument>

5. NomNom Chompski BURNING LOVEEEE

Ah right

6. HellJack A message was delivered, and received.

All I want is to have Kirino on a room so one can monitor the DSock while in Mumble without being "treated" to the role playing going on between cookies and speedy.

That's all.

Right now, I can withhold ALL messages from Kirino or see them all. I just don't want to see everything from the Slothbox.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. Have removed taigachat output

Anyone who actually used the feature (afaik no one at all) should use IRC integration instead

One-way input will still work from kirino

8. Reasons I decided not to do this:
    • Kirino is not rock solid without an auto-restarter - while it can easily restart without consequence, having Murmur restarting every so often would piss people off
    • If I'm not mistaken, Murmur does not use Boost. (I remember having to learn Qt regex for the channel user limit mod.) Would mean adding dependencies or rewriting
    • DSock infrastructure is 99% stable now, a lot of the reasoning behind Murmur integration was that Kirino kept crashing and did not have a correctly functioning auto restarter.
    • Mumble defaults to showing an extremely annoying balloon popup on chat messages which I'm sure not many know how to disable
    • There would be no way to disable it per-user without shipping a custom client

9. HellJack A message was delivered, and received.

Thanks Boss Dark

10. Geit Coding wizard!

You can hook into the server's chat messages using ICE via any of the supported platforms. However, It requires being on the 1.2.4 beta (1.2.3 clients can still connect fine).

11. mhm am running 1.2.4, just too lazy to port

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)