Sniper update page up!

Discussion in 'Team Fortress 2' started by Spykodemon, 12 May 2009.

1. Obaruler German Rager/Spamer

Re: Sniper update page up!

Ye, its here ...... and i cant connect to any server, *yay* ^^ (-.-')

2. Re: Sniper update page up!

Steam community was down. Try to connect again.
    E: Down again.

3. Reag My name is an anagram for a reason

Fucking typical, the update comes when I have a shit 53kbps connection from a O2 mobile connection bullshit thing.

:geno:

4. Obaruler German Rager/Spamer

Well ...... gg @ Valve AGAIN.

Its just a great idea leting all the people over the world (i think there are maybee more then 1 Mio players in TF2) update at the very same time, the steam server crash is for sure then .....

They could have let the people update the whole day long at different times, and "unlock" the new stuff then at the same time, but NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO that wouldnt be as funny as leting the servers crash :/

5. Re: Sniper update page up!

Umm... Actually almost no one had problems with updating TF2. That means, Steam servers are working fine. Except Steam Community which is completely independent. So yeah, you can download stuff when Community is down. It's just a little accident.

6. Robbiebob Non Verba, Sed Acta

Spies can use enemy teles?? KEWL !!

And Geit, I don't know whether you're going to add those new sniper and spy sounds to the admin sounds list, but give yourself a pat on the back when you do !! (105 new freakin' sounds !! )

7. The Xtractor Certified Weeaboo

@ bagno, looks cool :).
    gotta try connecting today :)

150, thats a lot man,

8. Harv Admiral Anchovy

Pyro airblast extinguishing fire! :D Though I still can't understand how all this "you find the weapons instead of unlocking them" stuff works. COMPLETELY random?

Okay, on steam forums I've found a topic, that says you can farm them on a local server, even if you're a spectator(!!!), so I'm clueless how it works...

9. Re: Sniper update page up!

Achievement mod.
    http://forum.modme.info/
    Server-side stuff.

10. Obaruler German Rager/Spamer

The update is made of pure fail ...... the Achievements are so useless now :/

You can get weapons with joining any server as spectator, leave it for ~3 hours and get some weapons that way ...... Valve screwed it up -.-

11. Re: Sniper update page up!

can someone explain how to find weapons ... im a bit confused atm :P

12. Obaruler German Rager/Spamer

Just stay on a server and hope that you have luck geting the new wepons quickly - thats all. It even works as spectator ......

13. Re: Sniper update page up!

The dead ringer is great, always fools the other team XD

14. Re: Sniper update page up!

this is kinda weird ... liked the old system with milestones more somehow
    does this works on empty servers or even local ones too?

15. Re: Sniper update page up!

im guessing it does since i heard you can get the wepons in spec

16. Fromage "The Cheese"

The whole update is born in fail tbh. At least the weapon part. Im tired of getting stuff that I already earned, and on top of that it pops up in the middle of the game saying "you got this awesome weapon that you already own". Then you can see a guy just standing around killing some people getting 10 new weapons in a minute, that is just rubbish!

Erik

17. Reag My name is an anagram for a reason

Give it a few days and someone will be so pissed off they'll make a weapon unlocker.
    That is if the new loadout still uses cloud on it's backend, if it does, it wont be long till someone figures out how to unlock them.
    Same thing happened 2 updates ago with the achievement unlocker.

18. Fromage "The Cheese"

Well if someone do I bet valve will deal with them. As far as I remember the people who cheated in the past got banned from achivements for a month. I think they could have improved the system by doing something else that isn't luck based.

I want to have some sort of control of how I can get the weapons (like killing a lot, caping a lot or something...) I played for so long today and all I get is the old stuff, that just pisses me off since they haven't introduced the "level" system yet. I guess thats why you will be able to get the same weapon several times (not that I like it though... turning into an RPG which I'm not a fan of)

Erik

19. Reag My name is an anagram for a reason

We had our unlocks blocked for a month (god it was worth it though, pyro with needlegun is priceless).

But it looks like valves made a bit of a mess of things at the moment.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)