Sniper update page up!

Discussion in 'Team Fortress 2' started by Spykodemon, 12 May 2009.

1. BeauChaotica bodyshot noob

Re: Sniper update page up!

I'm still waiting for it to download but..honestly it sounds like this is fairly fail. Should I be as concerned as I am for the game's integrity?

Also do heavies even drop the KGB..?

2. Spykodemon Disabled account

I hope you read that, you just disclosed it, therefore you job at Valve no longer exists. :)

3. Obaruler German Rager/Spamer

4. Knud Phat beats only

Yeah I got a weapon I already own... you get it double then? Or how does that work..?

I wonder why valve choose this way of giving away stuff?!

5. Harv Admiral Anchovy

The whole system is an epic fail. They should've made it easier to get new weaps by not giving ppl ones they already have...

6. Re: Sniper update page up!

Well, for a company that has been generally loved because of the way they handle updates to their games, Valve has got to be getting a shock right about now. A brief look through the Steam forums shows an astonishing amount of bile over the handling of the random unlocks. They've got to do something pretty impressive to dig themselves out of this hole, 'fo sure.

I actually quit playing this morning because I was so disgusted at all the players coming in from the free weekend using items that I spent hours upon hours EARNING through good play. I'll still play, but 5 snipers and 3 spies on an average team means I'm not going to be able to stay on servers for long.

I hate free weekends. *grouch*

7. Knud Phat beats only

An interesting read here:
    http://www.halflife2.net/2009/05/22/unlocks-explained-and-bonus-map/

Well, it's partially true.. i found 4 items today i think.. while others playing much more then.. found nothing..
    So i still hope, they change it to milestones..

8. Fromage "The Cheese"

9. Obaruler German Rager/Spamer

*yay*, World of Fortress 2 is coming >_> ........

Need to speak to my lawyer if there is any possibility to get my money back, because i bought an Online shooter, not an MMO with item trading crap ^^

10. Fromage "The Cheese"

I really like that one. If we can't get the updates then how many hours do you need to play? :D It's so unfair when a newbie gets all the sniper/spy achivements in 1 hour and the rest of us has to wait forever.

Horrible valve, horrible.

Erik

11. BeauChaotica bodyshot noob

This sucks on ice.

Playing nucleus earlier on, there was an engy on my team who I suspect was on the free weekend, who upon spawning dropped a sentry and then just walked around shooting the walls with his shotty. He didn't even know he could have more than one building, or what the wrench is for.

20 minutes down the line, he gets the Ambassador. He types "woo" indicating that actually he *did* know what the talk button was, proving me wrong..

Myself I've been playing half the day. I woke up at 2 (teehee) and played from..oo I dunno about 4/5 til midnight. What did I get? Axtinguisher. Which, I'd hasten to add, I already had.

12. Harv Admiral Anchovy

Yeah I played 3 or 4 hours and when I was sleeping, I was idling on a local server, what I got? The backburner. Epic.

13. Geit Coding wizard!

14. Re: Sniper update page up!

I like the new system :<

15. Obaruler German Rager/Spamer

Burn him ! (no joke)

I think @ monday the Valve HQ will be attacked by a raging mob xD

16. Geit Coding wizard!

It's memorial weekend Oba, there'll be no-one there on monday!. :)

17. Re: Sniper update page up!

Was this on a local listen server? I thought I read somewhere that you had to have a VAC-enabled server to get the unlocks that way.

18. Obaruler German Rager/Spamer

Well ...... still allright for me, gives me a day more time to organize some stuff there, like pitchfork, torch, RPG ..... you know, the usual stuff a mob is carrying to punish their tormentors = )

19. Harv Admiral Anchovy

A guy (and then some others) on steam forums wrote that he got the ambassador while he was idling on a simple local server which you can start from the main menu, so I thought I'll give it a shot, but no results so now I just don't care :D

20. Longbow Victorique <3

in total i've played around 10-13 hours (not idling) since the update, and all i got was another flare gun and another sandman bat...

I hate the new system SO frickin' much!

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)