Some Improvements

Discussion in 'Server/Website Chat' started by Dark, 14 Dec 2008.

1. eoN

Re: Some Improvements

Actually it affects alot more.

[*]Reputation - Having a bunch of votes popping up every five seconds isn't good for a clans reputation...
    [*]Lag - I'm guessing its not exactly going to help the lag...
    [*]ETF2L - Look at ANY other ETF2L server, NONE use addons...

Nuff' said.

-----

Edit:

2. Re: Some Improvements

The plugins do affect match play because they make us look like epic super noobs - Darkisock is very useful on the public servers for filling servers/requesting admins etc, but on the match server it's very distracting and kinda pointless given that we don't need to fill it/request admins :/

3. Re: Some Improvements

eoN why are you still arguing ? Your on the edge here but still risking it because you think you think have kissed Piss's -censored- enough.

Your getting a warning for your mouth, and since I removed them to give you a second chance I'm adding them back.

And eoN I think you should read my post before you shit all over it.

4. eoN

Hahaha you removed my warnings so i would stop standing up to you.

Couldnt care less, if you want GM to have a match server for etf2l remove the plugins otherwise we'll just need to start playing server off... - EDIT: Server off is when you have to use your opponents server. (just for anyone that was wondering ;)

And what exactly is my warning for?

I quoted that from a post earlier in this thread... o.O

5. eoN

Also is that an epic fail attempt at a person insult? If so is that yet another warning for you?

Also can i get this straight, are we not allowed to swear at all on this forum? If so fair nuff but no ones said that to me...

6. eoN

Well?

Feel free to answer in the form of a PM if you can't control your mouth and don't want warnings for swearing ;)

7. Re: Some Improvements

Tbh we played quite many matches, and from what i can tell, where you see SM's status/plugin messages, the team is often "bad" too. Cant explain that better. Also, the "omg harder to update"... I wrote a little copy script once, which did its job quite well.

8. Re: Some Improvements

= Correct.

9. Re: Some Improvements

I have had enough of these off-topic replies. Take a look at the first post and consider if your reply is relevant before posting, or you will have your post deleted.

Thanks for encouraging me to continue working on things for the clan. I really appreciate it. :roll:

Now that we've got that out of the way, I have modified etf2l.cfg to actually turn tournament mode on (why a match config turns it OFF is beyond me...) and again, if the match server has plugins loaded or isn't configured right, get an admin to run:

Code:
    rcon exec automatch

DarkiSock is NOT SUPPOSED TO BE LOADED ON THE MATCH SERVER.

Can I make it any clearer? If it is loaded, get an admin to execute the config above.

Removing DarkiSock (or any of the other plugins) is not an option, as I explained earlier. Neither is creating a seperate server folder. Each game gets one folder to be shared amongst all servers for that game. It is my dedi and that is my decision.

10. Re: Some Improvements

Thanks Darki :D and the effort you put into the clan is greatly appreciated.

11. eoN

A) You shouldn't really edit the ETF2L config...
    B) The GM server has the wrong ETF2L config...

The correct, up-to-date, ETF2L config is this:
    http://daykiller.de/etf2l.cfg

Last Updated: 17.11.08, If i remember right GM's was from June or something :S

12. Re: Some Improvements

Enough said from Dark! :)

oh btw good job mate ;)

13. Re: Some Improvements

Updated, although the newer config is exactly the same as what I modified ours to :P

Also, I've fixed/updated a few more things:

• DarkiSock now has unobtrusive colours (no super green), although they probably don't work in ZPS :( [/*:m:x7ea813s]
    • All our TF2 servers now allow voice chat by dead people to their living teammates :D [/*:m:x7ea813s]
    • DarkiSock IRC bot rel. 68 released :D - it now correctly connects to the main DSock server and so outgoing messages (server -> IRC) will now be displayed. In other words, the IRC DarkiSock is a 2-way chat again now :D [/*:m:x7ea813s]
    • DarkiSock SM plugin now checks for the VOICE_MUTED flag (which is applied when sm_mute or sm_silence is used on a player) and blocks chat as required. :) Unfortunately I can't easily read from sm_gag, so I have to go by the voice chat flag instead. :([/*:m:x7ea813s]

14. eoN

I like the sound of that :O Will encourage more calling etc (Y) < Thumbs up smily ;)

15. Re: Some Improvements

Its cheat, will make it so much harder to get a killstreak, when the dead people you just killed.. sit and call your position.

Goodluck to spys...

16. Re: Some Improvements

They have like 9 seconds to ghost before they respawn again so I doubt it would matter much

17. Geit Coding wizard!

It takes 4 seconds to cap a point...

with 9 seconds of spectating time they could cause a fair bit of damage to the other team.

18. Re: Some Improvements

cool nice one darki, lovin the new look of it =P tis very suave. nice work man

the new death voice comm plugin is nice. always found it annoying when u had to wait 15s to mention something that wud of helped the team out at that moment but then its gone

[strike:1pk22mev]is there a crits only plugin? that wud be funny :D[/strike:1pk22mev]

EDIT:
    ... that wudnt be a plugin wud it? *smacks head*
    sudden death melee?

19. eoN

Yes, yes and yes.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

Users found this page by searching for:

1. etf2l server addon