Some low cost upgrade

Discussion in 'Hardware and Software' started by audiosl4ve, 11 Mar 2015.

1. I would also see about getting an extra 2gb of ram, having 4gb will help.

2. audiosl4ve Saitama's underling

Yeah i know. It's a plan, i'll have some money to buy it, after paypay gives my refund back :D

Well to let folks know i orderes AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+. I didn't want to go to Phenoms because it is very big chance that it won't work like it should, at least not with my MBO. SO i went for best and most efficiant CPU. I hope i'll serve me good ^^

3. Actually looking at the power requirements of the 6000+, I would recommend you cancel your order while you can - if it works at all it will probably kill your motherboard eventually. The highest on the official support list is 89W TDP, while it is 125W TDP. You'd also need a better cooler (assuming you are running stock at the moment)

4. audiosl4ve Saitama's underling

i thought that 6000+ had 89W so that's why i ordered it. Guess i was wrong. Canceled my order then. Thanks Dark!

5. I actually wouldn't put anything other than a AM2+ Phenom into that board. Definitely not a faster AM2. The fact that it's still surviving daily use at that age is impressive, you don't want to stress it any more than it is now, especially given your circumstances where any hardware failure would be fairly catastrophic

(Your current is around 65W, and so are all the Phenoms on the support list)

6. audiosl4ve Saitama's underling

hmm so then what do you suggest me? WIth that MBO? Phenom 9450e?

7. Yes if you can get one for a reasonable price. It's more than double the speed of what you have now

Alternatively the 9350e isn't far behind it in performance if that's easier to get

8. audiosl4ve Saitama's underling

Thanks. I'll try to get my hands on that one if i can. What about 9550? It is too much i guess?

9. Yeah I wouldn't risk it, the thermal range for it on AM2 is 67-95W vs 45-65W for the 9450e, plus it's not listed on the support page. Idk why it jumps so much

10. audiosl4ve Saitama's underling

Thank you. You're really helpfull. I'll try to get my hand on 9450e or 9350e. Thanks :)

11. Just came back from sending out the graphics card, should be with you next week.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Wizard Wizard x 1
    • List
  12. audiosl4ve Saitama's underling

thanks you so much luna. When you visit Croatia you are welcome at my place any time :D

13. audiosl4ve Saitama's underling

i love you luna <3

WP_20150318_001.jpg
    WP_20150318_002.jpg
    WP_20150318_004.jpg

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • List
  14. Wow that was fast, only sent it on Thursday.

• Wizard Wizard x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  15. audiosl4ve Saitama's underling

Well royal mail sure is royal :)
    It usualy take one week for stuff to come from uk. But yeah that was fast. Much thanks ^^

16. audiosl4ve Saitama's underling

parts are here. Now the fun part. Thank you all for help folks ^^

WP_20150327_001.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  17. -M-m- herpderp

I guess you have coolingpaste as well but forgot too place it in the picture ?

also do not overclock that model of the card unless you are prepared to maybe replace it a bit earlier then you hoped for. (cousin of mine burnt his hd 3850 with that cooler. (that + dust = things will burn and fail...)
    It shorts out the powersupply its connected too so the computer it sits in doesnt even start anymore :P)

18. audiosl4ve Saitama's underling

yeah ofc i have paste, i forgot to picture it. And yeah i'm not planing to OC gpu. This should be enought for me :) I just hope my psu won't die soon xD

Everything is in place. It work perfect and it's soo damm nice feel to play Diablo 3 on fricking high graphics. Damm what epic feeling. I'm no longer ultra low gaming man, i can play some real games now boyz and girlz :D
    Just need to install 64 bit windows and it'll be ok. Thank you all for everything. You're the best GM \o/

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)