Spy update cloak?

Discussion in 'Team Fortress 2' started by Bulletproof, 3 Jun 2009.

1. Bulletproof Last one alive, Lock the door.

Spy update cloak?

Im not sure which one to use... the normal cloak, cloak and dagger or the dead ringer...

What do you guys use?

2. Re: Spy update cloak?

I heavily prefer Cloak & Dagger. In fact I love it so much that I don't see the point in the normal cloak any more. It's more like an upgrade than a sidegrade for me.

Dead Ringer is pretty cool, but it's rather easy to spot a Spy that has it.

3. Bulletproof Last one alive, Lock the door.

Re: Spy update cloak?

ah ok, at first i absoulty hated the cloak & dagger because it always ran out too fast but i realise that its good to camp in places fully cloaked and certainly get a kill.

4. Fromage "The Cheese"

Dead ringer these days. It's easier to go for many kills with the regular cloak but you can pass by people far easier with dead ringer, just let them "kill" you and run by, no one ever follows. :)

The downside is that if you kill someone it can be tricky to get away since they will "always" see you unless your fake death is loaded. One good thing too is that you can cap without disguise wearing the clock and if someone "kills" you you run away, and go back and keep caping. It actually works sometimes!

Erik

5. Bulletproof Last one alive, Lock the door.

i found a pretty good place for the cloak & dagger to be great on dustbowl, when your on the red team and they are trying for the 2nd point, go to the first point up the stairs along the track (bridge bit) then walk onto that ledge to your right. Now you can cloak and wait for someone to walk past then follow them = Kill. then run back and keep doing that, no1 noticed me lol.

6. Oli

Cloak and Dagger is overpowered weapon but i love it while crouch u can easily walk long distance and it don't run out so quickly

7. Reag My name is an anagram for a reason

I use the orginal, because I'm natural to using it.

8. The Xtractor Certified Weeaboo

cloak & dagger for me, with crouch you can go far man :).

9. Robbiebob Non Verba, Sed Acta

+1

Dead ringer just sucks imo. Those that actually are fooled by a fake death don't listen well, you can hear the spy running away then. And when he uncloaks, he makes such a loud noise... I didn't even bother to try it out

10. The Xtractor Certified Weeaboo

and it never works with a pyro, because they keep spamming.

11. Re: Spy update cloak?

Actually I always play with music on and almost never hear that sound, and yet I can easily spot fake deaths most of the time by simply paying attention to what happens on my screen.

12. Re: Spy update cloak?

I still prefer the normal cloak, I think the spy update was pretty mediocre tbh.

13. Re: Spy update cloak?

I like the cloak and dagger, not that I'm much of a spy.
    Funnily enough on dustbowl yesterday I was a RED heavy under attack from more than one dead ringer spy. Each time the spy got near me I would know because the dead ringer watch/cloak and dagger watch would pop up as if it was on MY arm for half a second... then the spy would be there....
    Really weird bug. Dead spies.

14. Cookiecaster |/\|/\|/\|/|/\|/\|/\|/|/\|/\|/\|/|/\|/\|/\|/|/\|/\

lol i sorta get that bug sandy, with players instead of unlocks, when i am in a 1v1 with someone and i kill them and they change class, it flashes in my screen the class they changed to, on full servers it pisses me off when im sniper though, shooting at something that isnt there.

15. Bulletproof Last one alive, Lock the door.

I thought that at first, but the cloak & dagger has won me over and i see that it's good now. I get alot more kills with it.

16. Re: Spy update cloak?

Fromage demonstrated to me yesterday that the Dead Ringer can save you from a POW from a heavy, which causes a minimum of 250hp damage in my experience. Powerful stuff. :O

17. Fromage "The Cheese"

POW only gave 80 hp damage on a spy with dead ringer :D Epic stuff. Dead ringer also protects you when you run out of the spawn on DB stage 1 if there is a ton of stickies outside.

Erik

18. Re: Spy update cloak?

Had a nice application for Cloak & Dagger yesterday on the CoD servers. We were on DB stage 3 and capped the first point already, the other team was kind of overwhelming us and pushed us back a LOT. So then we went with like 5 Spies to the last CP and just stood there with Cloak & Dagger until everyone arrived. Then we mass uncloaked and capped the point. Pretty epic :D

19. Re: Spy update cloak?

Cloack and dagger is the best:love:<3

20. Bulletproof Last one alive, Lock the door.

Wow lol thats pretty sick, ill have to do it with you sometime ( the spy thing ) lol

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)