Starbound General Discussion

Discussion in 'Starbound' started by Gaw, 20 Jul 2013.

1. Gaw discord is my friend now

Last edited by a moderator: 5 Dec 2013
  2. Gaw discord is my friend now

I've got to say, I'm really fucking excited for this game. I only learnt of this game today, and I think it's got some amazing potential within GM. I haven't pre-ordered it yet, I'll probably wait until there's another stretch goal up and organize a 4 pack. I've never been more excited for a game.

Last edited: 20 Jul 2013
  3. Subv You ain't even lord of your yard

looks awesome

4. Mr.Bam Praise the sun!

"Terraria got abandoned. Devs promised they will keep working on starbound after release''
    This made me chuckle, since the terraria devs promised this as well. (I don't count the small update or two after release as 'keep working' and the big update coming soon is two years after release)

I liked terraria, and will definitely buy this game as well. The lack of end-game and randomness in terraria killed it after the first playthrough, so starbound will keep me interested.

5. Fire ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) WHAT DO YOU MEAAAAN

Hmmm...Maybe............maybe

6. Brent ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I won an alpha key in a raffle and ever since followed the development a bit each week. They promise a lot of content (taming, breeding, farming, fishing), but I hope each part will have enough depth. Randomized planets and to some degree random loot is what i look forward to. Really want this game to succeed.

Meanwhile, terraria 1.2 coming late this month, or early august, with over 1000+ new items and new biomes.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Wizard Wizard x 1
    • List
  7. Gaw discord is my friend now

inb4 dye 1, dye 2, dye 3, firework 1, firework 2 etc

It'll definitely tide me over to Starbound though. I would like to finish Terraria.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  8. Gaw discord is my friend now

Looks like the beta is coming out on Steam December 4th. Anyone interested in organizing a 4 pack for around $11.25 a copy before then? (As opposed to $15 now, and likely more on Steam release)

Seems it will still be $15 with a 4 pack option on beta release.

Last edited: 30 Nov 2013
  9. Infernal Dragon I love people very much.. with ketchup

Sooo, everybody will wait until christmas sales?

10. I got the Gold Tier.
    Game runs great and there is a lot of stuff to go through.

11. Harv Admiral Anchovy

Anyone wanna share on a 4-pack? I'd buy one for hateist and myself.

E: Fuck it, bought it.

Last edited: 4 Dec 2013
  12. Mysteryem The Dividing Line

13. Subv You ain't even lord of your yard

Damnit, i really want to buy this but my visa isn't working for some reason, i also missed out on the autumn sales and probably will miss out on the christmas sales too because of the damned timing of this problem.

14. Infernal Dragon I love people very much.. with ketchup

Ask support why it isn't working

15. Harv Admiral Anchovy

If anyone knows how to get meat, I'd greatly appreciate the tip. :D

Welcome to my crib

Last edited by a moderator: 28 Dec 2016
  16. Subv You ain't even lord of your yard

you get meat from monsters, they will also drop leather

Last edited by a moderator: 28 Dec 2016
  17. Harv Admiral Anchovy

Yeah, I know except I killed like 50 monsters and all they dropped was money.

18. Mole45 Dance Little Liar

I've not played the game at all but i think you need to use a bow.

19. Harv Admiral Anchovy

Also tried that, problem with bow is, you can't kill any creatures with only the bow. You do like 10% damage even to the weakest, while they just ram you and kill you in 3 hits.
    I tried landing the killing blow with arrows, even managed to kill some weakling in 15 shots and surviving but still no meat. :(

Now I'm farming banana.

20. Mysteryem The Dividing Line

Got to use the hunting bow for meat, (upgraded versions are available later that I would guess do more damage). If you just need the food though for hunger, you can always hoe some ground and plant some stuff. I've found that you can kite some enemies and some will get stuck or will be unable to reach you.

I'm still trying to work out how I can heal myself as I need pixels (which you lose a good chunk of on death) to progress with the story.

Found a double jump upgrade very early on which is nice, also helps with the enemy kiting, though some enemies jump all over the place.

Oh, and scan all your seeds in your ship, they cost 1 pixel each to produce.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

Users found this page by searching for:

1. gamingmasters.org starbound

2. gaming masters starbound website