Stardew Valley

Discussion in 'Other Games and MMORPGs' started by audiosl4ve, 29 Feb 2016.

1. audiosl4ve Saitama's underling

[​IMG]

Stardew Valley is new game from the guys who published Starbound (i think) and other cool pixel games such as Risk of Rain, Wanderlust Rebirth, Halfway..
    The game is an open-ended country-life RPG, which sure looks nice. You plant stuff, and plant more stuff, and then hit some monsters, and then plant some more stuff, build fence, then plant some more stuff, then harvest all hte stuff and do it all over again. Sure looks nice. Someone buy me the fricking game!
    Also chech the video trailer, it sure looks nice.

Last edited by a moderator: 28 Dec 2016
  2. Queenie Don't tell me what to do!!!

It looks really cute and reminds me of the first Zelda , Farmville games and indeed Starbound. Maybe if it comes on sale id get it.

Last edited: 29 Feb 2016
  3. I'm playing this at the moment.
    To think that one bloke done all the art, the music etc etc absolutely boggles my mind.

It's such a beautiful time sink and to be honest my favourite indie game by far (sorry jinod)! The guy deserves every single penny he gets from this. He's pumped out 3 patches is a weekend and is constantly in touch with his fans on reddit with their suggestions and bugs.

100% recommended buy

4. Queenie Don't tell me what to do!!!

I was wondering if my work laptop would be able to handle this game. I don't think it will really but up for the task but I don't really know what to look for. Put the system information I got through steam in Pastebin.

Requirements:
    • Processor:2 Ghz
    • Memory:2 GB RAM
    • Graphics:256 mb video memory, shader model 3.0+
    • DirectX:Version 10
    • Storage:500 MB available space

5. The Ram and Graphics card it will, the CPU I'm too too sure, the minimum is 2ghz single core, yours is 1ghz quad core, so depending on its multi core support it may or may not run it,

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  6. Queenie Don't tell me what to do!!!

Under system information it says quad core up to 1,4GHz.

If my laptop can not really handle it would it mean it would only lag I would guess?

7. FWIW the CPU is AMD A6-1450 since the graphic card, the Radeon HD 8250, is an integrated graphic card and not a discrete one. Whether it will be able to run it or not I can't tell, if the game is able to use 2 cores or more it should be able to but if it only uses 1 core it might not be enough. On the other hand the game looks not that demanding and according to game debate the cpu can run Stardew Valley (just type in Stardew Valley in the "Can I Run It" field).

Last edited: 2 Mar 2016
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  8. Jolly Long Arm The Moon... It's far away!

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)