Steam UI update

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Geit, 24 Feb 2010.

1. Geit Coding wizard!

Steam UI update

So, that long downtime last night? - This is why: http://store.steampowered.com/uiupdate/
    [​IMG]
    Looking epic, i'll be enrolling in the Beta tonight. :)

Last edited by a moderator: 28 Dec 2016
  2. Orion Dismantler of the sun

Thats just disgustingly sexy, does explain why steam was being so funky last night.

3. It does look pretty damn awesome :D <3 Steam

4. <grouch>As long as it improves the UI lag/performance I've had for months then I'll be happy</grouch>

UPDATE: New UI fail on Wine :(

5. Reag My name is an anagram for a reason

Now using a WebKit based rendering engine for the client and in-game overlay web browsing components (replacing Internet Explorer)
    ABOUT, FUCKING, TIME.

6. it's pretty good.

i like the download page and the game list :D

7. Anyone getting testshell-error: like I was, here's the fix:

8. Spykodemon Disabled account

Save the heartache and just use Windows, I learnt that the hard way. :)

9. I do all my TF2/gaming in XP, but I run Steam in Wine so I can check out the servers and who's online before rebooting.

10. Longbow Victorique <3

I must say I damn well love it! :D

11. So far I like everything but the scroll speed, overspaced friends list, weird text selection (both in chat and webkit's faggotry) and fucked up cleartype in chat windows.

12. Cookiecaster |/\|/\|/\|/|/\|/\|/\|/|/\|/\|/\|/|/\|/\|/\|/|/\|/\

There is so much I would change, I don't like the fact you don't have to double click to open a chat window, I don't like the way you have to open the friends list, I don't like where the menus are and I don't like where the games are and how it doesn't show the update percentage, Nor do I like the ingame overlay, other than that I think its just about ok.
    I'm sure everyone else has their own opinion on it. ;p

13. I love the new overlay - webkit makes it actually possible to browse with :D

14. Cookiecaster |/\|/\|/\|/|/\|/\|/\|/|/\|/\|/\|/|/\|/\|/\|/|/\|/\

I hate how my achivs are in my face when I shift tab

15. My overlay seems a bit glitchy - after switching in and out during a game to chat to someone (or trying to launch the browser for the first time), it refuses to appear again and I have to restart the game to get it back. I used to get a similar thing with the old UI, but this seems repeatedly worse.

16. Geit Coding wizard!

My text is super ugly, my only real complaint thus far. (turning the font weighting down helped, but it's still butt ugly)

17. I have the exact same issue, and at one point my shift key refused to work again :(

18. Yeah it looks kind of like how Firefox (and possibly other browsers) go when text with a transparent background is put at a reduced opacity with cleartype on.

Example: [​IMG]

19. its not working for me , my menus dont have a german translation so theres no text ... went back to old one
    waiting for stable vers of this, i like the look n stugg though

20. Zana The Candy Bun

I have not tried it, but if "better" visuals will mean a fucking general screw-up of the things and less performance on not-so-powerful PCs, i will just stick with the old UI...

I just want it to be optional, tough the new rendering engine is a must

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

Users found this page by searching for:

1. steam gui masters