Stepping down

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Cactus, 10 Sep 2017.

1. Cactus The key is to never give up

Hi all,

To keep this short and sweet - I've decided to step down as a server admin.

Currently I don't play many games (more importantly no games that I admin) due to being too busy (work/life) and I think it will stay this way for the foreseeable future - next year I'll be back at uni anyway and I tend to find I don't play games during term time.

I also tend to find that I have completely different views to the vocal majority of GM admins/managers and I believe these (mine and the people I'm disagreeing with) attitudes won't change. To be quite honest these debates leave me frustrated rather than feeling that any positive forward thinking has been achieved.

I do have one request though in terms of discord - I would like to either keep my admin powers there (without the ability to see the admin channel) or simply keep the ability to move members in voice channels (this does come in useful and I don't abuse it most the time).
    @managers - move the "DesertPlant" role down to below server admin status, I can run you through what permissions you need to change on my role if you would like.

This doesn't mean I'm leaving the community, I'll definitely be sticking around as an established member on both the forums and discord. If we decide to have weekly game nights you will see me attending when I'm free! Hopefully you'll see me at the GM meetup this year too.

Anyway It's been a great 7 years and 29 days (2586 days) in GM (excluding the one or two times I shortly left the clan) and an amazing 4 years, 3 months and 2 days (1555 days) since becoming an admin and I'm glad this has all been a part of my life.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Noteable threads/memories:
    My Birthday Thread by @The MC

When @Gaw asked me to remind him he needed to take his pizza out of the oven and then we shitposted on a thread for a bit with google images.

E:

And many many more!

Most importantly though,

Thank you Bam.

Last edited: 10 Sep 2017
    • Friendly Friendly x 16
    • Zing Zing x 1
    • List
  2. HellJack A message was delivered, and received.

Thank you Cactus. I remember meeting you on Prophunt, and the fucking fun we had back in those days.

This joint will NOT be the same without you, and you will always have a place here.

Sincerely, thank you Simon. You are a proper lad and we're the better for it.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  3. Known you since back in the day when you were called SeƱor Cactus. Good old times. One of the coolest admins!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. NomNom Chompski BURNING LOVEEEE

Remember to water your cactus daily.

5. Queenie Don't tell me what to do!!!

6. Cactus The key is to never give up

7. Thank you for your input, Mr Cactus - I'm certain you'll still be around as much as ever so I don't think much will change from your change in rank - but still - thank you for your many years of service!

8. Humpers GM's Resident #420 Twatmeister General

fuk off

9. Cactus The key is to never give up

I can still see the server admin section on the forums.

10. armadillo footballer, gamer, dad of two, genius

The last good egg in a rotten bunch.

:downsbravo:

• Mad Mad x 4
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Zing Zing x 1
    • Sexual Tension Sexual Tension x 1
    • List
  11. HellJack A message was delivered, and received.

I thought -M-m- was still pretty loved.

12. nlspeed Rex Omnium Imperarum

The first GM person I ever knew! Simon says to be good to yourself, and to live life with happiness and health and longevity.

13. Vallun I don't take drugs I just take naps.

Yes Simon was indeed a loved lad, it's a shame that God has taken him at such a young age, so much he could have lived to see.

Alas, you will be missed my dear child.

Rest in Peace Cactus and may the lord take care of you in the afterlife.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  14. YOU CANT SILENCE THE TRUTH isac my brother

there once was an admin who left
    by gods grace he was truly blessed
    named himself cactus
    fled when they attacked us
    and now he has left us bereft

:saddowns:

• Douglas Douglas x 5
    • Sexual Tension Sexual Tension x 1
    • List

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)