Stopping the camping

Discussion in 'PropHunt' started by Dynamic, 30 Jan 2010.

1. Dynamic User Title GET!

Stopping the camping

May well be impossible...

Perhaps the trigger box around the cp can act as a damage counter for those who are in that box and shooting at the same time, I would say slay, but that wouldn't work for pyros pursuing the prop.

2. MrMike This is my face when you talk

for the love of god yes, i hate it when i need to get to the cp and there's big fatty heavy standing there with his mini gun out =[
    though any class is bad there, a swarm of pyros is worse than one heavy.
    cp campers should be punished as it makes it hard to run as a prop >:

3. You can't really add a damage trigger because it's unfair to those who hang around the CP waiting for it to refresh. You'll just have to rely on the admins. I warn and slay for it if I catch people doing it. Not much else I can do unless some server rules are wrote up.

4. imFree (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

But. . He is an admin . . D:

5. Dynamic User Title GET!

It's not for the ones that sit on it.
    The ones firing while sitting on it.
    For example.
    A Heavies camping the point, a prop runs past, he starts shooting. Triggers activated. Of course this can't be done in Hammer, but maybe some coding will do the trick.
    Heavies on the point waiting for a refresh. Trigger is off, Heavy is happy.

Edit: Haha. Worst typo ever. Does =/= Those.

6. I say Dark puts up some rules on the Prop Hunt page. Rules, Players, Maps and Props with Rule 1 being NO FUCKING CP CAMPING.

7. Geit Coding wizard!

Camping is a valid gameplay tatic, and you shouldn't be kicking or banning for it.

If I were to ban everyone who defended the CP on dustbowl (While I was attacking, durr), I wouldn't be a very good admin, would I? - Same goes for this.

8. Poxie Ray-Banned

What makes me a good demoman?

9. Dynamic User Title GET!

You're right with that point.
    But we're playing prophunt :P
    Think of a map like Farm or Mountain. If there was a Heavy with a revved up minigun and a Pyro, It's hard to get full health, and get out there while keeping that health.
    'Only 2 people? Pfft'
    People will be pursuing the prop on top, that's 2-5 (Depends on how well you've been escaping) Pyros / Heavies you're trying to evade.
    I perfectly accept camping as a tactic, but it's damn annoying on prop hunt.
    Edit: It's also irritating when you're on blue aswell. You find a prop then minigun rounds come dashing past you into said prop before you can even say 'Sweet Jesus'
    I don't mind campers if it's last man, but if it's still 14/16 or something, you really don't need someone on the point wasting time.

Note: I haven't slayed anyone for this yet, only informed them, then they happily moved off.

10. That's a completely different situation. You're comparing a CP game, where you continually respawn, attack and where health is located around the map, to an arena match with only one major source for health. If you camped the only spot to gain health, had the red team not being able to attack and one kill meant you're out, how well do you think Dustbowl would play?

If you're seriously saying camping the CP is a valid gameplay tactic in prop hunt, then why do we not allow for Engies with SG's? That's pretty much the exact same situation.

I warn then slay people who continually camp on the CP, just like Dark told me to.

11. SnuggleMuffin SnuggleMuffin

You aren't.

12. Poxie Ray-Banned

If I were a bad demoman I wouldn't be here talkin' to you now, would I?

13. Please do!!! I might start playin PH

14. SnuggleMuffin SnuggleMuffin

Yes you would because you're a troll.

15. Poxie Ray-Banned

Cue, cue.

16. Knud Phat beats only

*Love is in the air*

<3

17. Zana The Candy Bun

NO TO THE CP CAMPING!

Now, really, as said above, for the last prop is OK, but it does not work like that...

What about something that keeps you out of the CP until you have less than the 50% HP?

18. Soul explosion maniatic

today after some days of not playing(electricity problems on my house) I start playing prop hunt and after some rounds I notice a heavy and a pyro cp camping...

D: I was a pyro but I just hate the cp camping...

19. Cookies4you Crippling Pickling Prickling Disorder

Back on topic.

Camping is alright for the blue team, but for props it seems like an unfair tactic. Overall, camping is pretty fair if props have a chance against the camper. I say 25% damage to all players on the control point.

20. Soul explosion maniatic

but how about props that aren't the one and only?

they can't use that on their advantage too much

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)