suggestion for a rule or someting

Discussion in 'Server/Website Chat' started by The Xtractor, 14 May 2009.

1. The Xtractor Certified Weeaboo

suggestion for a rule or someting

i see this a lot, so one gets balanced, goes to spec and back to old team, and then on and on until someone decides to stay.
    i think there should be some kind of rule that you cant switch back to your old team.
    because whats the use of balance if you go back the same instant.

2. SnuggleMuffin SnuggleMuffin

Re: suggestion for a rule or someting

/agreed

I hate it when people get auto balanced => spec => back to other team >.>

3. Re: suggestion for a rule or someting

i have to disagree, the auto balance fails big time, there need to be something so if the same team wins an absurd number of games in a row all the teams get scrambled

4. Knud Phat beats only

I really hate auto-balance my self..

I'm more in favorite of a scramble, if one team loses like 6 times in a row. (red and blue)

5. Geit Coding wizard!

It used to block you rejoining your old team after an auto balance, but sadly i had to remove that plugin because it didn't play ball with SK

6. Spykodemon Disabled account

Get the source for the plugin and get it to check if it's running on the SK server (By checking the port) using OnPluginBeforeLoad()

7. BeauChaotica bodyshot noob

Yes was gonna say I or at least somebody suggested this about a year ago iirc
    It's just very difficult to define, cos there are so many cases where that sequence of events may be repeated innocuously. Also people don't like being rebuked for just exploiting something minorly annoying. :P

8. Fromage "The Cheese"

Think I saw a guy doing that several times... think his name tag was something like "noobaruler" ;)

No but seriously, autobalance is needed when teams are un-even. Too bad it often takes a good player that achived something to the team and put him in the other. Autobalance should hunt for people that joined recently rather than the long time players.

Erik

9. Re: suggestion for a rule or someting

it always autoballances the person who is the highest rank on the stats

10. Re: suggestion for a rule or someting

this doesn't bother me, if you auto balance. make the best out of it, and try ownd ur previous team ^^

:clap:

11. Obaruler German Rager/Spamer

I herd ma name somewhere ? = )

EDIT *read* Hey !!!!! xD

EDIT2: @ topic: We need a better system to scramble up the teams, something that relies on the ammount of "skill" (allthough i know, there is no such skill-database .... the fact that i am again #2 in the points list should be the best argument even total nubs can have a high ammount of points ;) ) to really balnce the teams out ..... it happens too many times, that the scrambling is stacking the team even more .... if you just get scrambled after doing something important (like destroying all deffences) and then get switched and then instant-lose because of your own actions it just sux :/

12. Fromage "The Cheese"

Well rule nr 1 would be to auto balance the demo spammers. Even if they're not skilled they might contribute and credit the team! ;)

Erik

13. Re: suggestion for a rule or someting

Easy, class limit on all the servers
    2 demos limit per team! go!

14. Re: suggestion for a rule or someting

Thing is, then you get useless players taking up slots and refusing to change for whatever reason. Class limit demos, sure, but not support classes like medics (for example).

15. Re: suggestion for a rule or someting

True, as a 16-team with 6 or more medics invariably loses >D
    The problem is I doubt the majority of community members and randoms that play on our public server will like class limits; it makes it feel like a match server (limits 1 demo, 2 solly, 2 medic, 2 scout...) etc, which they probably won't want.
    Saying that.. I'd like it >D

... Engi limits, da.

16. Fromage "The Cheese"

We should limit every class to 1 except heavy. Then we can all run around and fist-scream "heavy is spy! da diz wil work!"

Erik

17. Re: suggestion for a rule or someting

In an ideal world:

- The swap would occur at the end of a round. This way no one can complain that they just took down a load of stuff and are totally going to loose.

- KPD could be a good way to even out the teams - or even tags such as [GM] being put half and half (I know there are better players than others in GM, but it will still help even out the teams).

I often find that this happens on DB. When I'm on the other servers people want to join the other team (especially with all talk) and have a good laugh about killing one and other. I think this is another example of dusbowl gone mad! :P

18. Geit Coding wizard!

The server uses the HLstatsx point system and the average score for each team to attempt to keep teams balanced, it's not alway perfect though.

19. Re: suggestion for a rule or someting

Maybe we could implement a forced scramble every 5-10 rounds? That way people will be more likely to stick around as they know that teams will be scrambled soon and not rage-quit as soon as the teams become uneven.

I'm not suggesting that as a replacement for auto-balance btw - rather, something in addition that might help take some of the pressure off the auto-balance to even up the teams.

EDIT: In response to Savage's comment about balancing at the end of the round, I think it's an excellent point. Nothing worse than joining a server, going on a killing spree, dying once and being auto-balanced mere seconds from the end only to be able to do nothing about losing.

20. BeauChaotica bodyshot noob

Don't. Just don't :P
    Dunno how that fixes the autobalance problem anyway but..don't.

I brought the issue up before where it seemed the same guy was getting balanced every five minutes. It seemed to be a recurring issue with |GM| members. What I wondered at the time was whether the AB script searches for potential swapsies in alphabetical order, causing |GM| to be among the first it comes across and giving them a harder time than non-taggers. Anyway without seeing the script I wouldn't know about that, and I'm not sure if it's still an issue but thought I'd just mention it there ^^

I think we tried to remedy this kinda problem a while back but plugins being plugins, as has already been said, that didn't work out. Maybe we need some kind of group collaboration for plugin features? =)

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)