Suggestion: Radio

Discussion in 'Server/Website Chat' started by Core, 4 Jun 2009.

1. Suggestion: Radio

Add a radio plugin to the server.

2. Re: Suggestion: Radio

Hmmm -- how much extra strain will it put on the servers though? We're becoming quite popular so if we have 60+ people using the radio will it make the servers laggy?

If not then I'm all for it :3

3. Geit Coding wizard!

Re: Suggestion: Radio

The "Radio" plugins just make the clients MOTD page switch to a radio stations online players, it causes none to very little lag on the servers.

4. Re: Suggestion: Radio

Cool :) It should be quite good to have a radio on whenever I get bored :D

5. Robbiebob Non Verba, Sed Acta

We've already had this didn't we? By typing !radio right?

6. Bulletproof Last one alive, Lock the door.

I know one radio ment for games http://gamerfm.co.uk/gaming/addus it says css but it will work for tf2. But i suppose you can use any radio url like the happy hardcore one ^^ lol

Id'e like to see a radio on the server :) i like them

7. Spykodemon Disabled account

Blatantly the wrong forum, I guess.

8. Cookiecaster |/\|/\|/\|/|/\|/\|/\|/|/\|/\|/\|/|/\|/\|/\|/|/\|/\

cant you add a server radio onto the forums too? so we can listen to music while we look at threads?

9. Robbiebob Non Verba, Sed Acta

why don't put youtube open as tab??

10. Reag My name is an anagram for a reason

It's possible with a pop up window.

11. Fromage "The Cheese"

Less is more? If i want radio then I can open winamp or last.fm and listen to whatever. Don't add anything to GM til it's completely lag free. The only thing "needed" is ability to scramble and maybe see some stats, don't abuse plugins please.

Erik

12. Re: Suggestion: Radio

+1 we can try it again, if it mess up or lags things then take it off. but i listen to meh own stuff anyway, <3 my hi-fi

btw wat was the reason for taking it off last time? we had it on for while i remba

13. Robbiebob Non Verba, Sed Acta

Probably lagg was John. When I listened to it once it was almost blocking my entire normal gameplay <- because of too much lagg

14. Cookiecaster |/\|/\|/\|/|/\|/\|/\|/|/\|/\|/\|/|/\|/\|/\|/|/\|/\

i saw a media player thing on a site before that used Vbulletin and it played untill u exited the site or stopped it.

15. Robbiebob Non Verba, Sed Acta

I don't know what you see in a GM-website radio... You have lot's of basic music programs on your PC, like Media Player, you can put YouTube open as tab etc. etc.

Why would you need a such a program as you mentioned?? It's just another plugin on the dedi... and I don't see the value in it at all

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)