Tekkit Lite (the 'new' tekkit)

Discussion in 'Tekkit Server' started by Rioter, 6 Jan 2013.

1. Rioter Mad man box wearing lunatic for President

So this appears to have been released (thanks Harvey_Birdman for pointing that out to me)

http://www.technicpack.net/tekkit-lite/

We'll look into setting something up shortly. Chances are since this seems to be the new Tekkit, this will be set up on #3. Scratch that. If there's the demand for this, then I suppose it can be set up but it's whitelist only and only to GM members/known community members.

Tekkit 'Classic' I can keep online but move it to a different port if people want to continue their old maps.

Work in progress. Of course I need to talk to Mysteryem first since he does way more on the MC servers than I do these days..

2. NomNom Chompski BURNING LOVEEEE

Don't me and Mysteryem have already spoke about this a few days ago, wouldnt be a wise move

3. Humpers GM's Resident #420 Twatmeister General

Sounds good, although, that Tekkit Lite video scared me slightly...

4. Whitelist? or like the 'Vanilla tekkit'? It could be fun. I don't know waht mod it is but will there be emc flowers?

5. Rioter Mad man box wearing lunatic for President

Explain?

Can't say I'm in the loop here.

At the moment, I'm just looking into it. If all goes well then things will happen...
    But now something by Gnome and Mysteryem has come to light...

6. Harv Admiral Anchovy

Well if both servers stay up, and Lite is only whitelist or even more restricted while in testing phase I don't see what's the problem.

7. Rioter Mad man box wearing lunatic for President

Ugh... server isn't Bukkit based any more. Fantastic, he lied.

8. Mysteryem The Dividing Line

Lite will not move off of a very restricted whitelist for a long time. This is because it is forge only, you cannot use any bukkit plugins with it (no permissions, no worldguard, no worldedit, everything that's on our 'plugins' folder will not work). And forge essentials, which should cover permissions worldedit and more, is still in early alpha.

To be honest, I suggest we get a Feed The Beast MindCrack server instead, following the discussion in https://www.gamingmasters.org/threads/feed-the-beast.7482/

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • List
  9. I want to play, how do I play?

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  10. Cactus The key is to never give up

1) Join the server
    2) Find a desert
    3) Kill creepers
    4) Grief people

OH NO I FORGOT THERE IS A STEP IN BETWEEN 3 and 4:

3.5) Craft TNT

Please thank Dark for this great tutorial.

Rate/Comment/Subscribe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  11. Rioter Mad man box wearing lunatic for President

Agreed. The lack of Bukkit isn't great. I've read on the tekkit forums (if I interpreted correctly) that Bukkit may be restored at some point.

Wasn't aware of FTB, then again I didn't recognise the name so ignored it.

12. Mysteryem The Dividing Line

FTB is great (and not so great) because they ask for the permission to include mods in their modpacks, unlike the Technic guys. Therefore, the creator of Forestry is on good terms with FTB, as it is included in their packs. Unlike when it was included in tekkit it would activate malicious code.

Not so great because it means that if a mod author doesn't want their mod included (mostly it seems it is those that are adfly (or equivalent) crazy) then you'll have to download it separately, fortunately, most of these mods are client side, so it's not as big a problem.

I would go MindCrack over Direwolf20, due to MindCrack's few extra mods, most specifically the Twilight Forest (1 new dimension with new mobs, structures, trees, bosses...), but also so that we don't have to worry about grinding the server to a halt through misuse of Mystcraft.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  13. But I need more than just minecraft tho right? Do I just get tekkit mod?

14. Mysteryem The Dividing Line

15. It'll be some time before I can play it as I'm very, very busy this week - but slap me on the whitelist if it materialises

16. Jindo Just Look at the Parking Lot, Larry.

Personally I'm in favour of the Mindcrack FTB modpack for its additional mods and the FTB project in general for having permission for all the mods they're including.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  17. Harv Admiral Anchovy

I'm okay with anything featuring the new EE. Also I won't commit suicide if Tekkit Lite gets thrown away, it was just a suggestion :]

Now that I've looke up some info on FTB, it's more of a good guy than tekkit.

18. nlspeed Rex Omnium Imperarum

Well, that's a disappointment. I guess there are no more objections to using Tekkit Lite, then? :P

19. Mysteryem The Dividing Line

EE3's functionality currently (last time I checked), is a tool very similar to the philosopher's stone but with limited durability and a machine which has a few uses, such as breaking done bones into bonemeal more efficiently than crafting them. Unfortunately it has some bugs (it is in prerelease after all) and isn't included in either of the MindCrack of Direwolf20 packs.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

Users found this page by searching for:

1. tekkit lite elevator

2. tekkit lite cracked

3. tekkit lite cracked launcher

4. tekkit lite tutorial,
  5. tekkit lite cracked server ,
  6. cracked tekkit lite launcher,
  7. tekkit lite crack,
  8. cracked tekkit lite server,
  9. tekkit lite cracked servers,
  10. cracked tekkit lite