Tekkit restricted

Discussion in 'Tekkit Server' started by Queenie, 18 Jul 2012.

1. HellJack A message was delivered, and received.

You can fake your way through three days. You can spend three days dicking around punching sheep and not prove anything.

If in three weeks you can't prove to us that you're not serious about being an active member of our Minecraft Community, then you can't get in.

Three weeks is also a good time to get to know them on Mumble.

2. Queenie Don't tell me what to do!!!

I would like to add a side note on the GM restricted part.. I would think it fair that GM members can have friends whitelisted. I think we are all smart enough to judge for our if our friends can be trusted. So far no friends of GM members have destroyed anything...

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. HellJack A message was delivered, and received.

I don't know about that.

There are some of our ranks that would openly troll our server if/when given the opportunity.

Also, I don't like putting our ranks into the position of "Oh come on, we're friends. Whitelist me already."

I know I wouldn't Whitelist anyone based on my friendship with them.

4. Queenie Don't tell me what to do!!!

Well ofcourse the people who play it seriously now... You, me, Myst, coffee etc.. The hard core Minecrafters YEAHHH MINECRAFT!!!!!! WHOOHOOOOO>>>>>
    (sorry got carried away)

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  5. Bagman Some cunt on the internet

Sounds like a solid idea indeed, 'Aye!' I say.

6. HellJack A message was delivered, and received.

Well, let's take part of this conversation into Admin/Manager land before we write it into law.

As Rioter (guy who owns the server and part of a paddling pond) said, he too is working on some ideas.

You guys cool with us chatting about it before acting?

7. Queenie Don't tell me what to do!!!

yup yup :D

8. Arrk "a rebel just for kicks"

I'm disappointed you didn't mention me. EDIT: 463 hours, 15 minutes and 29 seconds on Minecraft as of right now.

Sure, go ahead.

9. Cactus The key is to never give up

I've been playing since Beta 1.1 (I know it's not the earliest) and have played on every single GM minecraft map - I believe I am the only one that holds that title now :3

10. nlspeed Rex Omnium Imperarum

And what about me? I'm the newly converted addict - all thanks to Sheep!

Is the Mumble requirement necessary per se, without exceptions? I'm not saying it shouldn't be, but I mildly dislike being exempted from it because it wouldn't be very fair to others. In the end I wouldn't care much though, so meh. As long as I can play. :P

11. Cactus The key is to never give up

yes you have to join mumble. Now get the fuck in here.

12. nlspeed Rex Omnium Imperarum

You know I want to. :P

13. Mysteryem The Dividing Line

Unless big brother saves entire chunks as backups, rollbacks will not work Cactus, this is one of the main reasons why EE is frequently disabled on Tekkit servers. This is also the reason why using hawkeye to rollback stuff doesn't work very well.

14. Cactus The key is to never give up

Big brother allows you to rollback a player, iirc, therefore you could wipe the player's last 24 hours on the server and then ban them?

15. Cactus The key is to never give up

Also if you are going to add new rules, can we add a rule that no one can build in x=500 z=500 to x=-500 z=-500 square around spawn?

16. Stop double posting Cactus, there's a edit button for a reason. Double posts aren't needed on an active thread.

And regarding Big Brother, it won't work, both Big Brother and Hawkeye aren't meant for tekkit and break incredibly when trying to rollback.

17. Rioter Mad man box wearing lunatic for President

Like I said, work in progress.

Map backups, hindsight says I should have set the damn thing up ages ago but I either keep forgetting or can't be bothered to put the plugin back in.

Servers wise, I'll have a look at it tomorrow at some point.

18. Hooch Luckiest man alive.

not sure if this has allready been said but maybe admins should check up on new players for the first week (once every 2 days for 1 week) and see how fast they get items.

and with check up i mean secretly look in theyr inventories and chests or bust down the door and do a surprise inspection, check some logs to see if their stories are true and all that.

might also weed out troublemakers if they start making loads of TNT and stuff

19. Cactus The key is to never give up

I can do this.

20. Rioter Mad man box wearing lunatic for President

Backups I put in yesterday.

As for server access restrictions, whatever Jack said.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

Users found this page by searching for:

1. gamingmasters cactus i will punch you in the dick