Temporary server layout changes

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Core, 8 Nov 2008.

1. Temporary server layout changes

Server 1 and 2 will be 24/7 goldrush
    Server 3 and 4 will be 24/7 dustbowl

Just an attempt to help populate the servers.

Map rotations will be changed in due course.

2. eoN

Re: Temporary server layout changes

Just an idea but why not make one of them 24 slots for a week or something? Advertise it and see how it goes? (like lots of spammy steam messages :D) (through community group ;)

3. Re: Temporary server layout changes

32 slot servers appear higher up on the server list (if sorted by player count) and are more likely to be found and populated than 24 slot servers based on my experience.

4. eoN

True but 24 man servers will attract more of the kind of people GM seems to want to join (judging by the recruitment policies)

Just my 2 cents.

5. Re: Temporary server layout changes

btw, it would be better to change those db server to the goldrush server, and the goldrush servers to db. u know the other way round. and c? :)

6. Th-

I think the only way GM will have popular servers that are not DB/GR-32 slots is to make one and have several members populate it regularly as in something like 10 of us on them daily. It requires a real effort on our part, only then can they become known. I've played a lot on swedish 24 slot servers but i don't remember seeing an admin ever on them.

7. eoN

Have a look at H|H (Hampshire Heavys) servers, all 24 slots and they get TCM, 4k, k^m and all those sorts on the (the more popular clans)

They just need to get good players on it so invite friends etc.

8. Re: Temporary server layout changes

All good points and as TH said, if a couple of GMs can help populate the servers then it would be great.

9. Bun

But I find it hard to play on those server. Dustbowl with 32 people, 24/7, 120 ping, isn't that fun.

10. eoN

even with 40 ping... it isnt fun...

25 fps with 32 people on dustbowl just sucks ass

11. Re: Temporary server layout changes

it helps a bit, if we get more GMs to help, managed tot get the second goldrush up to 10 players on each team i think..

ping fine by me :P

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)