[TF2 Blog] Happening in YOUR Community

Discussion in 'Team Fortress 2' started by TF2 News, 16 Jun 2011.

1. TF2 News Probably several years late

[​IMG]

• TF2Maps.net is wrapping up their Asymmetry/Symmetry Control Point Map Contest. Authors had a choice of making a symmetrical or asymmetrical control point map and five months to complete it. Head over to their contest page to download and play the collection. There are a couple servers running the collection. When you're done be sure to help them choose a winner!
    • OZ Fortress wrapped up their 6th Ultiduo with yuki and bonobo taking top prize. More information and demos can be found their summary page.
    • OZ Fortress also has a highlight video from their Cup 2 season compiled by Kaiza.

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator: 28 Dec 2016
  2. >implying anyone cares about TF2 any more

3. Geit Coding wizard!

Still consistently the 3rd most played game on Steam.

4. fixed

5. How can people not be bored of it

Fucking hats how do they work

6. HellJack A message was delivered, and received.

instructions.jpg

Any other questions?

7. imFree (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

geif meet ze medik

8. Spykodemon Disabled account

TF2 was fucking awesome about 2 years ago. I'm sure all the older members here remember doing a highlander or 5v5 over mumble every weekend.

Those were fucking good days.

9. imFree (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

And then people like you stopped playing.

10. Because it's not fun any more. PropHunt did recover it for a few months though

11. Spykodemon Disabled account

Yes, because they started introducing a shitton of weapons with made the game feel gimmicky. I started to dislike it.

12. imFree (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

People were getting bored of the game and Valve tried to reinvent the way we play.. You can allways choose to ignore that.

13. I still very much enjoy tf2

14. BeauChaotica bodyshot noob

Yes

Yes

='(

I thought I was the only one.

Most games die when they outstay their welcome. CoD makes another sequel. Valve tried to pump life into a dying horse and ended up making it just burst at the seams with pus, fail and AIDS. What you're missing is the fact that they're doing it to make more money out of you saps.

You can't ignore it when somebody's waving this incomprehensible contraption in your face, the likes of which you've never seen before, and you can't adapt to their tactics because you've no idea what weapon they're even using. The original iteration of TF2 was a great concept, and it worked...because each class had a strength and a weakness. If you were presented with an obstacle, you knew what you needed to do to counter it, and then you carried on doing what you were doing to farm points instead.

Now...some guy runs up to you wearing a dildo on his head or something and covers you in some sticky substance you can't quite put your finger on, and you tend to feel a little left behind. You can't just jump in anymore.

In short: I never wanted an inventory screen D:

15. ^Disagree

16. BeauChaotica bodyshot noob

^Polite Disinterest

17. Spykodemon Disabled account

Did you actually ever get past division 6?

18. imFree (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

The concept is still there. . everything has a counter like it used to - you just need to keep up with the items which some people cant be asked to do.

19. Spykodemon Disabled account

[​IMG]

20. imFree (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

not sure if trolled..

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

Users found this page by searching for:

1. tf2 symmetry contest

2. tf2 dildo hat

3. ozfortress 16 jun 2011

4. blast it with piss,
  5. tf2 blog happening in your community,
  6. tf2 asymmetry contest