[TF2 Blog] Pyromania: Day Two

Discussion in 'Team Fortress 2' started by TF2 News, 26 Jun 2012.

1. TF2 News Probably several years late

At the end of the day, the Pyromania update is a celebration—not just of Team Fortress, but more importantly of you, the TF community, and even more importantly than that, of us, the TF blog post writers, and how great yesterday's blog post was. That Men Without Hats material was a career high. In fact, we decided to never touch this blog again in the hope that it might be preserved in a perfect state for future generations.

Continue reading...

2. Cookies4you Crippling Pickling Prickling Disorder

Oh my god, the Bazooka looks OP as fuck.

3. poloniumandrats Mutated Rat Pokémon

Depends on how quickly it charges, it could take ages and be kinda shite, but it could also be a 1 hit kill machine

4. [​IMG]
    The new rocket launcher in meet the medic?

Last edited by a moderator: 28 Dec 2016
    • Late Late x 1
    • Douglas Douglas x 1
    • List
  5. HellJack A message was delivered, and received.

So, how long will it be before some Douglas Soldier uses the new Rocket Launcher...only to have three separate Pyros reflect all three of his rockets right back at him.

6. Well, I don't know - sure it fires three rockets at once, but there are certain things to take into consideration.

1) The misfire capability. Although it's probably not gonna be hard not to overload it, there's still that chance of you screwing up if you're caught up in the moment.
    2) Loading it - What if you slow down while doing it, as in M2-Cowmangler-Style?
    3) The accuracy nerf - Well, I don't really know how much it's gonna be, but it's probably going to make it enough so you can't reliably hit 1 person with three rockets.

I haven't seen it in action, but to be honest I don't think it's gonna be overpowered.

Still, if 2) is right, it's gonna be used much less.

Edit: Also, the not collecting ammo from dispensers is probably unnoticable with weapons and ammo packs lying all over the place.

7. Mr.Bam Praise the sun!

3 rockets to airblast?
    squall will have the time of his life then.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Douglas Douglas x 1
    • List
  8. Also, that new flare gun is gonna be awesome on Balloon Race.

Hit one guy, send him flying off the boat whilst half the team is on fire. Add that with the Phlog and you've got crits the next time you get off to fight.

Actually no, don't use the Phlog. Please. Just don't. Please. No. I mean it. Don't.

9. nlspeed Rex Omnium Imperarum

It'd be awesome to have one Pyro reflect three rockets, airshotting three seperate people.

Well, my opinions:

-The pistol seems like a useful passive buff. Not too overpowered, but not underpowered either.
    -The Blaster seems a bit useless, although, you can now hit people from a long range and build up boost that way, and then run across the map pciking people off. An interesting playstyle - probably like Demoknight to Demoman - but overall a bit underpowered, maybe.
    -The SMG seems awesome. Sure, it has a lower clip, but also a lower firing speed, so you could go on a small rampage with it.
    -I like the Heatmaker; no more will a Pyro die from one bodyshot (I hope). Not that I'm against bodyshots - I just dislike snipers in general - but this will help I'd say. Plus, who doesn't love decapitations?
    -The Bazooka seems cool, but underpowered. Because, even if the charging doesn't affect movement speed or such and is just as fast (or faster) as firing three rockets, firing three rockets would be safer I think. Plus, they're all a bit inaccurate (I think that goes for both charged and uncharged rockets) Still, it's an awesome concept.
    -The Scorch Shot seems absolutely terrible. It causes knockback (who cares) and ignites nearby enemies (like a Detonator - although maybe it's a slightly larger range, but for it to be useful it needs to cover about the size of the entrance of the middle building on Orange I think). Hooray. But we get a 50% damage reduction? Then it's basically only good for setting people on fire - and afterburn is kind of weak, so I'd prefer even the Detonator or Manmelter over this. Hellreaver has a nice idea though. :P

But, maybe Valve will add some more (Pyro) weapons today. And maybe change the Scorch Shot's stats? I could see that happen - but, who knows? We'll just have to wait and see.

10. Mr.Bam Praise the sun!

why would we need a buff like this? A scout can double jump right before hitting the ground if he were to take falling damage. The 15% can be used to compensate for the sandmans health debuff and might be only used for this reason (since a lot of (beginning) scouts never use their pistol.
    And when I try to take a pryo down 1vs1, I mostly use my pistol because I need to stay out of his range, with this pistol I will take extra damage if i were to get caught by the pyro.

11. Vallun I don't take drugs I just take naps.

New scout weapons :D

12. nlspeed Rex Omnium Imperarum

I was talking about the HP, not the jumping. But yeah.

13. Langers http://bit.ly/IqT6zt

the blaster is useless. Slowing down a class that is supposed to be agile and more of a flanking class defeats the whole object. You could just as easily get close to an enemy with the scatter gun and blast him down. As for the boost, I could use a Bonk to achieve the same object and be able to jump at the same time. That said, the new sniper rifle looks awesome with the decapitation affect.

14. Valve should do 3 things:
    -repair all errors,bugs,crash problems,
    -add 27 new weapons for every class and all slots,
    -give everyone free shitty hat.

I can bet, than everyone would be happy as fuck.

15. Langers http://bit.ly/IqT6zt

I agree, it takes them ages to fix even the smallest bugs, but I think that adding large amount of items in a patch or update might induce quantity rather than quality (community items not withstanding). As for hats, just give em a gibus and increase the numbers of paints both that can be found and the total numbers.

16. Langers http://bit.ly/IqT6zt

Or just 3 rockets.

Last edited by a moderator: 28 Dec 2016
  17. nlspeed Rex Omnium Imperarum

Yep, just three rockets; there are a crapload of Soldiers there.

Plus, all three rockets hit the Scout. Which will be impossible or highly unlikely with the new one.

18. Langers http://bit.ly/IqT6zt

When are the new items physically added to the game anyway?

19. Gaw discord is my friend now

As with nearly every other TF2 update in history, once the entire update has been revealed. So far, this looks like it will be a little after the countdown reaches 0 and MTP is released.

20. Maybe some weapons will be op (idk which ones) so people buy it, and so they can make $$$. A few days later there will be (probably) nerf. Same thing does Hi-Rez Studios in Tribes Ascend. It's rather good for them. But best thing is this, when people want something without even knowing what something (read: weapon) does. So yeah. They don't make updates only to people still play it, but mostly so they earn money. That's why this is "mysterious" update.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

Users found this page by searching for:

1. when does pyromania end? tf2