[TF2 Blog] Well That Was Close

Discussion in 'Team Fortress 2' started by TF2 News, 19 Apr 2011.

1. TF2 News Probably several years late

[​IMG]

All of us here on the TF2 team have been asking to play Portal 2 for months now.

"Go away," the Portal guys told us. "You'll just try to put hats in it."

"Whaaattttt?" we said. "That's—psshhhh. If anything, we'll probably tell you to take some hats out of the game."

"There are no hats in the game."

After this, there was an awkward ten-minute silence while all of on the TF2 team stared at the Portal guys, waiting for them to start laughing. Instead, they just told us to go away again. That's when we realized: with so little time left before release, we couldn't afford to waste any time playing the game. We had to fix it. Now. So late last night we snuck into the Portal 2 source code and copy/pasted some hats into it.

You're welcome, Portal 2 team.

Today, we pass the fruits of our clandestine game-saving labor onto you, the hat-loving public (or as you're more commonly known, the public). If you own any of the following hats in Team Fortress 2, you'll be able to equip them on your Cooperative Testing Initiative robots in Portal 2:

• Mann Co. Cap
    • Prince Tavish's Crown
    • Pyro's Beanie
    • Fancy Fedora
    • Master's Yellow Belt
    • Tyrant's Helm
    If you've been on the fence up until now—and who could blame you—you've finally got a reason to buy Portal 2. Courtesy of Team Fortress 2. The best game that Valve makes with a "2" on the end.

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator: 28 Dec 2016
  2. Lord Carol Now bring me some Tea! Chop chop!

It's worrying that Portal 2 has a Mann Co. style shop right from the word go. I doubt that the Portal 2 co-op has as much replayablility as TF2, but they're still going to sell you hats for it!

3. just finished the single player in one sit...

it was really a lot of fun,, looking forward to finish co-op with some1, maybe if my brother is home again.
    i would say it is worth the money, but the shop is just bullshit,

4. marcf33 Marc

Don't take the shop seriously guys...

Played the game in one sitting, and it was well worth my time and money.

5. Cactus The key is to never give up

Inb4 a tank has a hound dog.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

Users found this page by searching for:

1. TF2 hats portal 2 Well That Was Close

2. Youll just try to put hats in it.

3. Mann Co. Cap Prince Tavishs Crown Pyros Beanie Fancy Fedora Masters Yellow Belt Tyrants Helm