TF2 mapping drafts.

Discussion in 'Team Fortress 2' started by Geit, 2 Jun 2008.

1. Re: TF2 mapping drafts.

to make things easier for you, and absolutely fair, i would mirror the map. So model one side to the center, copy and rotate the copy 180° and use that as second side. Than noone can complain about fairness. Always 2..* ways to get somewhere. Fastlane has 3 for almost every cp. The map itself looks good, but you can't really tell till you see the result, and then the improvement begins. Just get the map ready, than you can tune it till it is perfect.

2. Bun

Re: TF2 mapping drafts.

I did mirror the map. :s
    Also, I'm trying to add alternative roads, hard to make em right.

3. Re: TF2 mapping drafts.

yeah, true, but usually maps are mirrored around two axis (or the diagonal)... you know what i mean?
    You mirrored around X. Badlands is mirrored around X and Y (or <1,1,0>).

4. Bun

Re: TF2 mapping drafts.

Yeah, did something wrong. When I actually map it I will fix it.
    BTW New version. Not sure if it's good but always something. D:
    [attachment=0:2q79fmxp]cp_something.png[/attachment:2q79fmxp]

Attached Files:

5. Re: TF2 mapping drafts.

- The distance from cp#2 to cp#4 is equal to the distance of cp#2 (the blueone) to cp#3. Seems problematic to me.
    - just two heightlevels

+ 3 ways to get everywhere.

Honestly: the most important thing is that you get a prototype (without extensive lighting, and textures, just the plain geometry) and than we can test it, and you can improve it. Most important thing is that you start the project and interact with the testusers\customers. In software developement this is called "agile developement". Do it! (and make the second part ot the map a 180° rotated [around Z] version of the first part. Probably easier than the mirroring stuff)

6. Re: TF2 mapping drafts.

didn't think it through, but imho remove the "straight" doors - to make some room for snipers (or at least the first ones on both sides)

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)