TF2 Suggestion

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by imFree, 21 Jan 2013.

1. imFree (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Since people like to use Dsock for trading , why not give them something to trade on. Several server already have this - the same system that we have (Dsock) but the exception that they use it for trading. So my suggestion would be to make a 2nd Dsock call it whatever you'd like and make the option available to every person on the server to disable or enable it or maybe hide and reveal it by simply typing a certain command into chat so everyone would be happy. In addition to that i think it wouldn't be too great of an idea to show it on Slothbox as that would just be annoying. Also i would propose that every person would be allowed to say one thing say every 5 min and maybe even allow only 20 letters per person ?

I don't know if this would be a good idea, discuss below.

2. NomNom Chompski BURNING LOVEEEE

A Trade server has been in discussion before if i remember correctly?
    Read wrong. should of read the full thing...

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Douglas Douglas x 1
    • List
  3. But if you were only allowed to trade every 5 minutes then it would be utterly pointless. I guess it would just be better just making a trade server. It would also draw attention from trade spammers away from the normal tf2 servers.

If you could post every.. Minute? With a limit of 15 words? I think that would be the best course of action. And maybe make it so it is only shown to people who want to trade. And not to everyone. (If that's possible)

4. nlspeed Rex Omnium Imperarum

A word limit of 15 sounds awfully short; 'Towering Pillar of Hats' is 23 if I counted correctly. Of course; 'B TPoH' could work, but what about mutliple items or such? Why not just go with the TF2 chat limit already in place?

5. Big word you missed 'words'

That's 4 words, silly ass speed

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Wizard Wizard x 1
    • List
  6. ima Bean Go ham or go home.

Towering Pillar of Hats is 4 words speedy.

ninja god fak u

• Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Wizard Wizard x 1
    • List
  7. image.jpg

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  8. Rioter Mad man box wearing lunatic for President

Against trade server full stop. We've had that discussion, its not as simple as putting up a trade server, it needs attention.

A separate dsock for trading... im not so sure if its worth setting up.

Ultimately if yo want to trade something so bad, go to a damn trade server.

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Tapatalk HD

9. imFree (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

That's just the problem , whenever we have a potential player on our server we have him spam our chat or voice or what have you - which ultimately leads to their kick. Say a person is looking for a degreaser on prophunt after a pyro on prophunt has just killed him - he says it once in chat - which we do allow - and he ends up not getting what he wanted, he ends up leaving the server and i don't think the chances of him rejoining are that great especially if he got threatened to be kicked because he was asking if he wants to trade a weapon.

Yeah our server isn't a trade server but we merely say that to prevent spam , we want to create an environment that people will remember of fondly and will keep them coming back.

10. Rioter Mad man box wearing lunatic for President

We shouldn't be threatening kicks unless they persist anyway, and most of the time its people selling stuff who get to that threat of kick stage anyway.

11. imFree (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

The only reason we threaten to kick is because they persist to spam , and i don't see a lot of spam on servers that have this feature. Not at least in my experience.

Edit: The only reason i would see to justify spamming , from the people that do spam - is because they feel as if they didnt get noticed, if we give them something to be noticed on , i don't think they will spam as much.

12. Rioter Mad man box wearing lunatic for President

OK.. we should be gagging first really, kick is a final warning.

Edit: that's a fair enough comment.

Any other thought from anyone else? Starting to warm up to the idea

13. HellJack A message was delivered, and received.

Well, I'm all for setting up a Trade Server.

I don't know how stable a second DSock would be, considering how many times just the one decides to crash.

Maybe put a line into the script that lets people know about the DSock while on a server saying the DSock is not to be used for Trading. Repeated offences will result in kicking/banning.

Even if you use /gag [Player], they can STILL use the DSock. They can't chat on the server they are on, but they CAN annoy all the servers at once. For DSock related offences, you have to kick/ban.

But yes. In the past conversation we had and in this one, I would really like to see [GM] start up it's own Trade Server. Some place we can point the trade spammers to go to instead of just telling them we're not on a trade server right now.

14. I think a better solution would be a trade server with a 2-way chat link to a mumble bot (I think voice is possible too) including trade reports, so admins don't need to actually be in the server

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Wizard Wizard x 1
    • List
  15. HellJack A message was delivered, and received.

Agree X100

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ninja smiley

2. whats the best name for a degreaseron tf2

3. awesome smiley ninja