The 16v16 Tuesday the 17th, 1900 gmt

Discussion in 'Events' started by Th-, 12 Mar 2009.

1. Re: The 16v16

Also slightly concerned about 2 heavies being owned by one Krits demoman but meh, I have faith in you Th lets go with your plan, it should be good good fun :)

Guys and Girls, With 4 voice channels (1 per team) plus a team leader channel we are going to have to be VERY VERY coordinated to stop a large enemy force advancing in its tracks and then counter. we are all going to have to be hot hot hot on our communications and response times. If we don't coorodinate well we are going to get swept away by a tide of pain!

PS Termenus if you want to swap to heavy I don't mind going medic (medic is one of my favorite other option classes to play), you are one hell of a heavy and I think HH should know about it :)

Disco :)

2. Re: The 16v16

One kritz demoman is going to own whatever he puts his mind to, if we allow him - 2 heavies or 2 soldiers - it doesn't matter as everything has it's role to play, it's not about HP :x In fact a heavy is more likely to survive the kritz, and 2 are more likely to be thrown in opposite directions, giving the heavy squad more chance to kill the demo/medic before he causes more damage :)

3. Re: The 16v16 Tuesday the 17th, 1900 gmt

Noooooooo I saw this too late... I can now play on Tuesday. Can I be reserve please Th?

can't believ i'm going to miss out :(

Hopefully all goes well and there will be another one in the near future...

4. Re: The 16v16 Tuesday the 17th, 1900 gmt

Thanks for the offer Disco but Sasha and Natasha are both almost completely rusted solid, I've been playing almost exclusively medic since I returned to TF2 (as my pathetic KPD will confirm) so I'll stick to what I know for now.

Besides I'll feel so much better with you and Th and Savage between me and those nasty bullets and rockets and flames :p

5. Obaruler German Rager/Spamer

Re: The 16v16 Tuesday the 17th, 1900 gmt

Wednesday .... shouldnt be a problem ^^ (Which server btw?)

Maybee we should run a test match with the team / squads ?

And i have a SERIOUS question about the comunication: 4 channels ? lol And: Which voice chat software do you use ?

6. Re: The 16v16

Okay, I will always prefer Heavy or Demo to Pyro, but...
    1) It's going to be awkward to re-arrange the teams just so I can play Heavy
    2) I'm not sure Benito ever plays Pyro

So i'll probably stick with Pyro :)
    It's going to be interesting being a leader

7. Robbiebob Non Verba, Sed Acta

Title says Tuesday mate :lol:

8. Obaruler German Rager/Spamer

Mhh ... read somewhere Wednesday ..... :mrgreen:

But my questions still arent answered !

9. LienK Wat

The answer is in the first post.

"Each squad has its own function in the fight, and each squad will have their own comm channel in Mohawk if Dark gets it sorted out, otherwise in Ventrilo"

10. Re: The 16v16 Tuesday the 17th, 1900 gmt

not sure if I'm gonna make it

got to go out after lunch, wont be back til after 6pm or so. depends on the traffic.

it a pity that I'm missing this *going to be* epic match :cry:

gl guys and hf. ;)

11. Th-

Fastjohn might be out, and Bun just informed me he has connection problems and is unsure if he can fix them before the match. This does not account for the random incidents which may lead us into needing more subs.

If either/both of them are missing, here is what we might do (sub)

-Anathema -> sniper
    -Lienk -> engineer
    -Wooo -> soldier
    -Vacoy -> pyro
    -Sandy -> heavy
    -Th -> Soldier
    -Pissmidget / Temenus will switch squads
    -Obaruler -> squadleader

Bennett should be ready as well, so warm up sniper/solly/heavy

Other notes: Please be online at least 1h before the match if at all possible. Test out all VOIP softwares. Leader channel possibly in Ventrilo. We need to test salvo fire with soldiers and building with engineers, and to look for sentryspots. Apex and Lienk/FastJohn come with me Obaruler and Pissmidget to explore maps before the event, and we will see what is the difference between "forward gun" and "point-defense gun".

And Dark, we are going to need our War server in top condition for tonight. I want an STV demo of this match.

12. Re: The 16v16 Tuesday the 17th, 1900 gmt

so what are the teams looking like now? im still in, i have access to a pc.

13. Obaruler German Rager/Spamer

Im a squad leader ? omg ... :mrgreen:

Will be on an hour before it starts.

14. Re: The 16v16 Tuesday the 17th, 1900 gmt

Just a reminder of the thread with the information on how to setup Mohawk

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2110

Look through it and be ready for the epic match!

So Th- what will the new teams look like then?

Savage

Last edited by a moderator: 27 Nov 2013
  15. Re: The 16v16 Tuesday the 17th, 1900 gmt

Unforseen Circumstances...
    I'm not free after 7:20pm tonight guys, I'm really sorry but I'm out :(
    Good luck though! ;)

16. Re: The 16v16 Tuesday the 17th, 1900 gmt

I can't believe it, we got owned guys!!! I must apologise to the team as I had a terrible game.

I dont think we worked as a team as maybe the communication was lacking, which I thought it might happen, however its was good to be part of a team with my online firends who tried their hardest :)

I really hope we can play them again as I really do want revenge :)

Disco

17. Re: The 16v16 Tuesday the 17th, 1900 gmt

aye sorry for not being there. how did it go? anyone got screenies or...? =P

18. Re: The 16v16 Tuesday the 17th, 1900 gmt

I think that it told us that we need scouts for the CP maps. They're a vital part of the 6 vs 6 PUGS and we now know they are vital in a 16 vs 16.

Comms need to be sorted out too. People need to keep to their groups (myself included!) and did I mention that we need to sort out comms?

We need a specific channel for each part of the hierarchy and it needs to be sorted out at least an hour before the match begins:

- Group leader channel: Mumble
    - Group 1: Vent (red team)
    - Group 2: Vent (blue team)
    - Group 3: Mohawk

Although saying that Mohawk seemed to cause a lot of people a lot of problems =/

People also need to get into the server and on the channels an hour before it starts if possible too -- that way we're not frantically looking for people 20 mins before the start of the match!

What do you guys think? Overall it was quite fun, but still very stressful. We need to WHOOP THEIR ASSES when we next play them!

Savage

19. Th-

Thats the attitude I'm looking for...

Good news first:
    -we certainly had our moments, the HH is one of the best TF2 communities that I know and we did fair against them
    -my highlight of the match was to attack side by side with Wooo and Ana with Temenus on our heels, with Pissmidget calling "look the cavalry is here" *drumming on the background*
    -I watched the demo of the match and I saw how Vacoy saved my life, and I had no idea? sneaky... thx
    -even with a bit high ping and low fps, the admin side went pretty well, no problems

Now the bad ones:
    -Mohawk instructions have been on site for weeks, and many still had not installed it minutes before the match
    -the original plan of communication failed hard... due to lack of preparation in several cases
    -merging leader-channel with heavy-squad was a bad idea
    -too much solo missions... stick with your squad and don't kill yourself
    -need more 6v6 exp as a basis for everything else in clanwars no matter the size

Remember when I told organizing a highlander was hard? Hehheh... let me share you a moment in this leader thing a few hours ago, imagine yourself as the organizer:

-the match should be starting in 4 minutes
    -4 of the ordinary lineup couldn't make it... and you have no idea where some of them are
    -you have 14/16 players online, and all the reserves are already playing
    -8/14 have the VOIP software tested and working as instructed a week before
    -3 are downloading the mohawk
    -a squadleader is asking which class he will play
    -10+ chat windows open on desktop, at least 2 inquires directed to you (organizer) at any given time about the match when answers are in the forum topic
    -you design a team of 4 squads and 16 players class by class and each new reserve has different strengths

-a random member of the team asks if you could help him with his vent setup
    -someone mentions (cough thinks) how any hint of military discipline makes gaming "less fun, too serious and stressful" (see my signature below)

Now don't get me wrong, I'm more than happy to organize the next 16v16 but please... think the team first and pull your own weight. But yeah, damn it was a fun match once we got into it, we so have to do it again some time. :D

20. Re: The 16v16 Tuesday the 17th, 1900 gmt

I must apologise as i know i did that a bit far too often but in my defense i cant really stick with engies in squad and most of the time there wasn't much communication at all between us.

All in all a good game. Perhaps next time a demo could be in a sqaud where there is not engie :lol:

agree with savage would be looking forward to whooping their asses in a second match :lol:

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)