The bad thing that happened to you today.(Venting thread)

Discussion in 'Random' started by Akiba, 2 Mar 2013.

1. NomNom Chompski BURNING LOVEEEE

Currently sat with £113 to last the month, literally up shits creek. Fuck my life. Parents on my back constantly about money, getting daily complints off work from one staff memeber on my area which arent even resonable its literally bullying and my bosses have said the same. Bleach looks like a delicious option not gonna lie.

2. Keep on applyin' for those other roles/ hours and hopefully things will improve. Is there no scope for you to move out and live with friends? If your bosses have identified that the behaviour form the other staff member is tantamount to bullying, then they need to be taking action to ensure it does not continue. It's not conducive to a productive workplace and it's not your job to be managing arseholes!

In terms of your parents - what is it that they want? More money off of you? Perhaps it would be beneficial to discuss the situation with them so that they understand what your finances look like and what a reasonable contribution to the house would be. Also highlight that you're attempting to get more hours/ applying for other jobs in an effort to improve your situation, but that you're finding it a bit difficult at the moment to do anything more.

3. NomNom Chompski BURNING LOVEEEE

Went for the interviews for the 2 jobs i applied to, didnt get one for some bs reason and didn't get the a&e job because "you're too young and it will be stressful" i'm sorry right, but when ive been on there plenty of times before i know the score. Load of bollocks.

4. HellJack A message was delivered, and received.

Whelp, it was a grand 4 month sabbatical, but it's time for me to start hustling to find a job again.

It's tax season here in the Colonies, and boy howdy does the Government not like it when you withdraw early from a retirement fund.

So, hitting the job searches and submitting resumes.

Anxious, but excited. One never knows.

5. vand2 Just a generic loveable guy

I think the job as president will be open soon :V

6. HellJack A message was delivered, and received.

I'm crazy, Vand...but even I have my limits.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  7. Rioter Mad man box wearing lunatic for President

Went to one of our smaller offices today to replace a network switch which failed over the weekend. All seemed good, started reconnecting cables not realising someone had plugged in two network points together via a phone and one of the cables was unplugged in racks.

The result was the network switches locking up as loop detection wasn't enabled, phones going down and somehow (?!) two servers and an audio codec restarting themselves, which then took the station off air for a few minutes while the audio codecs rebooted. Just as the network was about to start a competition. Couldn't have picked a worse time!

Not a good day. Wanted to hide under a desk after that. Thankfully my boss was pretty chilled about the situation.

8. Mole45 Dance Little Liar

So, with less than a week to go until the draft of my dissertation is due and plenty of other deadlines coming up soon, the fan on my brand new laptop has shat itself and decided to make more noise than a small jet engine. So it's in for repair because I don't have small enough screwdrivers to take it apart.
    Now I'm having to do everything on my pi.
    Good fun.

Oh, and yet another person has set up an account using my email instead of their own, this time for a women's lingerie store. So I hope mr. Fleming from North Yorkshire's wife enjoys her new trousers and jacket.

• Wizard Wizard x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  9. Subv You ain't even lord of your yard

for the the last week i have been trying to gather a bit of money so i can afford tickets to see thundercat, it's a show I really wanted to see because I love the artist and it's so rare an artist I actually love comes to Israel to perform, anyway i had manage to gather the 45$ for the ticket, cashing in old debts from friends, took all my loose change etc etc, I was super happy that i had the money for the ticket, so I go to the site, and all the fucking tickets are sold out, im so fucking pissed, i have been thinking about this show all week, the show isn't even that soon, it fucking sold out a month before the show, this honestly has me in a shit mood for like 4 days already.

all thats left for me is to pray that ill find someone on facebook or something that can't go so ill buy his ticket

shit sucks yo

10. Cactus The key is to never give up

MC bought a ps4 (500GB) with 1 extra controller + Horizon Zero Dawn for £199.99 and I didn't buy it. Now I want it and it's out of stock :( Next best I can get is £230 for that (however I can't get a blue controller) and 3 months of PS plus

E: very close to impulse buying because it's only really £15 more than the original deal

Last edited: 6 Mar 2017
  11. Queenie Don't tell me what to do!!!

Steal his

12. Cactus The key is to never give up

dont need to bought one lol

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  13. Humpers GM's Resident #420 Twatmeister General

Both you fuckers have done this now and I'm sitting here broke WHY

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  14. Cactus The key is to never give up

silly fresh

15. Humpers GM's Resident #420 Twatmeister General

Just bc I'm allowed into my SU :^)

16. Cactus The key is to never give up

So like 2 hours ago some guy randomly walked into our house (our door doesnt lock automatically when you leave and it wasn't locked as we all were in and it's never been an issue). Very weird and very freaky. He knocked on two people's doors (one person just closed their door as she weren't sure what was going on I think and the other was shaving). I walked up to him and he was crying and said his mum just died. As shitty as it was I said I'm sorry but I can't do anything so please leave, which he did with no issues. We called 101 (non emergency police) as well as contacting friends who live nearby, the landlord and the loughborough uni students who live in town facebook page. Police officer came by like half an hour ago and asked a few questions. Everything's locked and we're all a bit freaked out that someone will try to come in again.

17. Jolly Long Arm The Moon... It's far away!

nice to know that your door will be open for me to steal your shit, sad to hear that the guys mum died but WTF!

18. NomNom Chompski BURNING LOVEEEE

Woke up to a lovely text from the GF this morning...

19. nlspeed Rex Omnium Imperarum

By a text message? That is just... Not done.

20. NomNom Chompski BURNING LOVEEEE

The worst part it wasnt like "oh we need to talk" it was just "cant do this bye"

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)