The bad thing that happened to you today.(Venting thread)

Discussion in 'Random' started by Akiba, 2 Mar 2013.

1. -M-m- herpderp

Hm that's still quite low honestly as intel sets a max of 1.52 i believe while people accept 1.45 as the absolute maximum for air & watercooling if you are pushing the chip too its limits.
    (Some people push 1.4v on proper watercooling systems closer too 4.8 - 5 ghz)

Sure it didn't burn the memory controller on one of the channels there on the motherboard rather then a cpu core ? seems to be more common to do then cpu cores.
    Id give it a go increasing memory voltage slightly as well while the rest stays at its standard settings in the bios including ram speeds too the standard specs of ddr3 or ddr4.
    (Bit above whats specified on the memory sticks is worth trying as well, like me running my ram at 1.56v instead of 1.5v for stability.
    (Got ddr3 here though so will be lower on ddr4.)
    1.35 i believe ddr4 is at right ?
    So 1.38v running at the standard 2133 mhz should work for testing if you do have 1.35v ram.
    & checking if the 4th core is still stable if you undo any overclocking for now that you got with 3 cpu cores.

2. NomNom Chompski BURNING LOVEEEE

Been through all that, its a core thats gone, memory controller (somehow) is fine, gonna grab a 6700k to tide me over while i save for ryzen.

3. Humpers GM's Resident #420Fag and general twat

Hopped a barrier and went over on my ankle on landing friday night and gon dun broke my foot. I'll be in a cast for 6 weeks so the entirety of the last semester of uni and it's very possible I'll need surgery. Good job dickwad.

• Funny x 4
    • Friendly x 3
    • Wizard x 1
    • Useful x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
    • Creative x 1
    • List
  4. Fire ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) WHAT DO YOU MEAAAAN

Welcome to the club friend. Have been hugging the crutches for 6 months now (hopefully gonna be over soon). Wish you a fast recovery.

5. Humpers GM's Resident #420Fag and general twat

How the fuck have you been on crutches for 6 months??? These things are inhumane, they cause more pain than my fucking broken bone!

6. HellJack A message was delivered, and received.

You get used to it.

7. Fire ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) WHAT DO YOU MEAAAAN

What Jack said, it was a pain at the start. Make sure yo have 2-3 fingers space between your armpit and the crutches

8. Hand fingers or foot fingers? ;p

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Zing Zing x 1
    • Wizard Wizard x 1
    • List
  9. Fire ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) WHAT DO YOU MEAAAAN

The foot fingers of the broken leg of course.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • List
  10. audiosl4ve Saitama's underling

RIP Chris Cornell, founder of Audioslave :(

11. Kutti Kutti

Today I spent £450 replacing my motorbike
    :FrankerZ:

12. Humpers GM's Resident #420Fag and general twat

Replacing? What did you buy for £450?

13. Kutti Kutti

I traded in what was left and got a Speedfigher 2.

14. Selvar Uhu

Run for bus from uni, it came one minute earlier, run for next 300 m to catch it up, made it, pretty exhausted. After I get off the bus I see my tram, but well, was a bit late, next after few mins. Getting off the train. Next bus is late for 5 mins, great. Getting off the bus I see below my train decided to get away without me. Priceless view, really. Next train in one hour, so decided to write about it from boredom, yaay

15. Jolly Long Arm The Moon... It's far away!

you need a car or bike

16. Selvar Uhu

I have 18 km to uni, by car it would be probably more less 25 minutes, and with my great bus/tram/bus/train/walking connection it takes about 2 hours, I'm used to it, but this between 11:30 and 12:30 there are no trains to where i live so had to wait one more hour :saddowns:

17. -M-m- herpderp

Ive been there too, not sure i've written about this already in here or not but here we go.

On a train where i pretty much ended the day 4 hours earlier from uni, think it was 2nd year so 2015...

Decided to take the train instead of the bus as i would need to wait for the bus & get home 40 minutes earlier by train.

So got on the train, fairly modern one that's faster then the older ones.
    Takes about 25 minutes too Hedemora & then its a bus the last stretch home which depending on the bus is either 55 minutes or 25 minutes.

*few minutes later, train barely had started to pick up speed after everyone got on.*

(12:03 i believe it was then.)
    A truck happens too destroy a power line on a road further ahead that was going over the tracks,
    they stop in place just after a exit tunnel they go through.
    Maybe 350 meters that we traveled so far.
    (Truck bed had raised up just enough to tug the cables & rip the pole off apparently & the driver had no idea until felt the truck suddenly come too an almost dead stop with things crashing down around him.)

So the train has no power a few hundred meters ahead they messaged over the radio system.
    Great start on the afternoon i thought for myself, maybe i should have taken the bus instead.

Sends text too dad "Train broke down, now ill be stuck for a bit it seems, hopefully not for long though."
    Gets text back that he will be in town doing shopping a bit past 13:30, text later if you are still stuck there.

12:15
    over the radio system.
    We'll be stuck here for a a few minutes while figuring out what caused it.

12:20 passes by, ventilation system is shut off to save power & so they can work on removing cabling over the train tracks about 600 meters ahead.
    People flicking about on phones & small talk around the place.

20 minutes later.
    People start asking personnel if opening the doors is an option for ventilation & to let everyone off to walk back too the station & figure something out from there instead of waiting in here.

13:10 the heat is starting to build up in the train, people are no longer wearing sweaters nor jackets. 25c+ in the cart at that point, fresh air is starting to run out.

(Easily 50+ people in the train & there's no windows that you can open on the train.)

Text dad asking for ride home as i knew he was in town shopping still was a bit after 13:30.

Another hour passes by in the improvised sauna that is the train probably past 30c inside.
    People were starting to get anxious & the air was filled with heat & smells of everyone around you & its unavoidable.
    Finally message that we can be allowed to walk back too the station or walk up too a road nearby where there is a bus arriving shortly that will follow the route up until Avesta where another train will be waiting.

About 2 hours & 30 minutes in the train spent.

Finally being let off, dad has been waiting for 50 minutes at the station at this point.
    Walk back takes about 10 minutes too the parking lot.

Most people went for the bus while 3 of us walked back too the station two of us had rides home by car, small talk on the way back about how bullshit it all was waiting for nothing instead of letting people walk back after a few minutes.

By the time i was home i got home about 35 minutes earlier then a full day.

18. Cactus The key is to never give up

and I complain about my 1km walk to uni lol

19. Selvar Uhu

Well, after getting off train I have to walk 2 km to my home, so start enjoying your way ;)
    Had similliar travel via bus, it was full of people, 35C+ at summer, when it broke, we waited for next one like 20 mins to join another full of people bus. So just imagine 2 busses full of people in one, in that heat everyone were wet and smell umm, quite bad, haha.

20. Humpers GM's Resident #420Fag and general twat

Rainbow 6 Siege is on sale today and I get paid tomorrow rip

recap sale

Last edited: 29 Jun 2017

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)