RED

[​IMG]

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Last edited by a moderator: 28 Dec 2016
    • Funny Funny x 11
    • Wizard Wizard x 2
    • List
  4. Gaw discord is my friend now

Silly Hellreaver, they're spelt r-u-p-e-e-s. It's a common mistake, don't beat yourself up about it.

• Funny Funny x 10
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  5. Humpers GM's Resident #420 Twatmeister General

Somehow due to some miracle of poor judgement I'm sure I've managed to blag myself a uni place through clearing just waiting for confirmation now

6. Akiba Terminus Ut Exordium

Got Uni exam results back, passed all my shit

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 11
    • Wizard Wizard x 1
    • List
  7. Making some decent progress with my Pebble 3d engine that I've spent the past few months (yes months :geno:) on

Yes it's a shitty 1000 triangle model at 12 fps, but keep in mind:

- Pebbles have similar specs to a slightly souped up Gameboy Advance. They are hundreds of times slower than any other smartwatch on the market, a computer from like 25 years ago would run rings around it
    - Fucking 64 KILOBYTES of ram
    - There is NO GPU whatsoever in pebbles, have to do absolutely everything manually and on the cpu
    - Not using any kind of graphics library, literally just writing raw pixels straight to the framebuffer
    - 64kb of ram is not enough to hold even the absolute fundamental minimums of 3d graphics, such as a 16-bit depth buffer. Many ridiculous hacks were needed
    - Even this model alone is so large (~15kb in binary format) that I have to read it from flash memory in chunks multiple times every frame
    - Can't use floating point numbers at all, had to make my own fixed point maths/vector/matrix library
    - Lots of this had to be handwritten in ARM assembly to even hit 5 fps

But yeah hopefully I will be able to turn this into a game or two, probably starting with a Temple Run clone. Will be the first real 3d game on pebble, seems no one is quite as insane as me :V

8. Queenie Don't tell me what to do!!!

Can confirm that I will be starting my new job in January!!!

*happy dance*

• Like Like x 10
    • Wizard Wizard x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • List
  9. Dan Chief Detective at GM Police HQ - Jagex #1 Fan!

Ha ha, how right you are, Rory King.

I love JAGEX GAMES STUDIO™ too.

I love all of their games. I think they are some of the highest quality on the market and offer great value and lots of replayability.

You should check out all of their games here, at http://www.jagex.com/careers/games.

Their latest title, CHRONICLE, offers hours of endless enjoyment and I can see it being a big hit!

• Funny Funny x 11
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  10. HellJack A message was delivered, and received.

• Funny Funny x 11
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  11. Got to help set up Jagex's second HTC Vive which arrived today and got a quick go on it

Holy sweet motherfucking christ, my mind is completely fucking blown. The Oculus is like a gimmicky toy in comparison, this shit is just incredibly real.

The Portal demo is just absolutely stunning, the head/arm/movement tracking is flawless, the FoV feels infinite (whole peripheral vision), when the floor fell away I near shat myself, when the robots walk up to you they are literally the size of people if not bigger and you feel this weird instinct to just reach out and touch it it looks so real, plus the fact that you can walk around objects to see them from every angle is fucking game-changing. Seriously impossible to put into words, if you ever get the chance to try one fucking do it

• Like Like x 8
    • Wizard Wizard x 4
    • List
  12. Hooch Luckiest man alive.

My mentor send me a little list of 4 companies that were still looking for someone and after i contacted all of them i got an invitation for a meeting (the other 3 companies replied back saying they had already found someone).
    Had the meeting today and i got myself an internship!

• Wizard Wizard x 7
    • Like Like x 5
    • List
  13. Got my grades back for this semester, best results I've had yet

[​IMG]

Also finished my first week at Jagex, it's been absolutely incredible so far, certainly lives up to the hype of working in the games industry. It's just awesomely laid back and full of perks - like what you'd expect from working at Valve or Google or whatever. They also didn't hesitate on throwing me in to the deep end - they already have me working on low-level engine shit

Last edited: 19 Jun 2015
    • Like Like x 6
    • Wizard Wizard x 6
    • List
  14. Rioter Mad man box wearing lunatic for President

Sucessfully got a promotion at work. Higher pay, more IT systems based work, less web designing nonsense. :V

• Like Like x 10
    • Wizard Wizard x 2
    • List
  15. Bagman Some cunt on the internet

But bring her on mumble one day for an awkward "meet the family"

• Funny Funny x 8
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • List
  16. I suggest not doing that.

Lewis sent me some money once with the reference "Dildo payment" or something along those lines and now whenever he goes to a cashier to check his account they see his reference and give him funny looks.

• Funny Funny x 10
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Zing Zing x 1
    • Sexual Tension Sexual Tension x 1
    • List
  17. Interviewed for a graduate job in insurance and risk management for a large company on Monday. Today I got the call through, I've got the job and I'm starting my new career on the 16th of June.

It hasn't quite settled in yet, but I'm so happy to be finally set on some sort of path that I can work my way up on. No more bar and pub jobs!

On another note, I got back into weights training a few weeks back. Leg days are as madly brutal as I remember. Feels good to be back with it again.

• Like Like x 6
    • Wizard Wizard x 6
    • Sexual Tension Sexual Tension x 1
    • List
  18. The MC Official GM PropHunt Manager

I think if you've already drowned, getting pneumonia isn't going to be top of your problem list.

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Zing Zing x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  19. hateist i am a bunny.

i sent my CV to a place today, 20 minutes later i had a call and after a few questions they asked me to go to an interview tomorrow. whoopwhoop!

• Like Like x 10
    • Wizard Wizard x 2
    • List
  20. Falsey John, the Goldfish: Never Forgotten

More like the "funny thing which happened to me last night" but oh well

Went to my sister's and had a smoke with her boyfriend, and she goes "i had a feeling you were a bit of a stoner and just hid it, who do you pick up from?"

now, i got linked to my mate's guy three months back, and after we traded contacts he sorta shyly asked "______? you're not related to ____ are you?"

i said yeah, and he just tells me not to mention i know him because they "don't see eye to eye"

anyway, been wondering what the hell happened between my sister and my dealer so i say "yeah, it's this guy and he told me not to tell you for some reason"

and my sister just looks shocked, laughs and goes "oh my god, fucking scott? i dated him for a week in highschool, broke up with him and he was heartbroken!"

and now i know why my dealer didn't want my sister to know he's dealing to her younger brother

Last edited: 4 Jan 2017