Best Posts in Thread: The good thing that happened to you today

1. Infernal Dragon I love people very much.. with ketchup

So..
    1. Found out that some russian company is using Atrka Lee's dress design.
    2. Reported design stealing to Atrka Lee's company.
    3. They responded and want to send me a piece of a dress as a gift.

• Wizard x 6
    • Like x 3
    • Funny x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    • List
  2. Mysteryem The Dividing Line

3. ima Bean Go ham or go home.

Got a job interview

at my current workplace

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Wizard Wizard x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  4. you shouldnt share everything with your sister speed

• Funny Funny x 10
    • Zing Zing x 1
    • List
  5. After 100+ hours of non-stop coding over the past week or so, finally finished my c++ performance module assignment (this one counts for 100% of module score, previous shit was just a competition for fun)

For 10,000 rows:
    - Standard/easy solution: 10 seconds
    - Our solution: 2.5 milliseconds

gg

(and mfw we spent so many hours on what was in the end just 500 lines of code)

Last edited: 26 Mar 2014
    • Wizard Wizard x 9
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  6. Vallun I don't take drugs I just take naps.

Went to get a coffee from Costa just before I got the bus back home, walked in and turns out my friend is now working there and decided to give me a free coffee.

Downside was that I burned my tongue cause I don't understand what a hot drink is.

• Like Like x 7
    • Funny Funny x 4
    • List
  7. you have officially lost the right to make fun of my country's third world technology

8. Falsey John, the Goldfish: Never Forgotten

Quit smoking yesterday, just made it through the first 24 hours.

• Like Like x 10
    • Wizard Wizard x 1
    • List
  9. spidEY シスコン

I got my first job! Say hello to the new PHP developer @ Trikoder

• Like Like x 9
    • Wizard Wizard x 2
    • List
  10. Harv Admiral Anchovy

I won an Infinite Crisis Elite Founders Pack (costs $100)

• Like Like x 9
    • Wizard Wizard x 2
    • List
  11. Rioter Mad man box wearing lunatic for President

I've yet to bump into Walton. So.... I'm taking that as a positive. :P

(Unless he was that completely smashed/high/drugged kid outside the radio studio a few nights ago who we just shone our desk lamp at him and freaked out)

12. Falsey John, the Goldfish: Never Forgotten

when i agreed with this post, i'm not implying my equally affectionate stance towards mysterym but my agreement that you have homosexual tendencies

• Funny Funny x 9
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Wizard Wizard x 1
    • List
  13. Falsey John, the Goldfish: Never Forgotten

Did my first shift of waitering at my pub last night which I was dreading, turned out fucking fantastic I thought.

Busy fucking night, 40 heads served at least, 6 till 11:30 and one of the senior waitresses I'm quite chummy with, when prompted by me to give a no-bullshit or reassuring review of how well I did, said that I did "brilliantly" for a first shift, with the only small mistakes made being due to inexperience.

£30 each (keep in mind, three of us waitering and a bit also goes to the chefs and the porters) in tips overall and one increadibly nice youngish bloke tracked me down into the backstage area of the pub to hand me a personal £10 tip, telling me to keep it to myself ontop of his table's tips. Bloody nice guy, I think he caught on or overheard it was my first shift and I overheard him giving some (undue) compliments about me to the head-waitress haha.

And I'm glad I've devoted a fair bit of time to drinking and staying behind there after my shifts, because having punters there who I was mates with really fucking helped. Was having a bit of a sarc battle with one guy I know over my chicken arm being too weak to pull a pint and got a few winks and confidence boosters from a couple of people I knew who were eating there with mates.

10/10 fucking enjoyed my extra shifts this week

really glad i've started to take the time out to chummy with the local community surrounding the pub

i didn't choose the pub life etc

Last edited: 25 Aug 2013
    • Like Like x 9
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Wizard Wizard x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  14. Rioter Mad man box wearing lunatic for President

Free pizza this morning.

You cannot argue with that.

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Wizard Wizard x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  15. Amemori "Special" gamer mommy from Finland

The doctors decided to take off the tracheastomy from my grandpa. He now breathes with his own lungs, swallows and talks. He still gets some extra oxygen though, but I'm so happy I could cry.

16. Me and Duker were on our way home from subway, and I saw Dean Martin's face sitting against a fence, with a sign saying Free Books & Records.

Ended up taking all of the records and one book, checked the condition of them all, they look great!

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 6
    • Wizard Wizard x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  17. My friend took me swimming today to get me over my fear of water and to try to teach me how to swim.
    I can now float on my back, (kinda) do the front crawl, managed to swim half a length and i'm slowly getting over my fear of water.

Learning to swim at the age of 20. I DO WHAT I WANT WHEN I WANT.

• Like Like x 5
    • Wizard Wizard x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  18. My younger brother decided to get his ear pierced today.

He opted for a cheap plastic YingYang symbol covering his lobe.

He hid it from his parents all day, since they didn't know anything about it. I spotted it early and felt it looked rather camp, but he said it was okay, because it wasn't his right ear which would imply he was homosexual. I did warn him that his parents may be displeased with his decision.

As we were sitting down to my birthday dinner of roast salmon with lentil and spinach accompanied with home made tar tar sauce (my brother and stepfather had breaded cod and chips), my brother rather nonchalantly sat down at the table with his new ear piercing on display.

My stepfather went batshit mental, screaming at the top of his voice (quite a rare occurrence) he sent my brother to his room, followed by more shouting in a somewhat over the top, yet natural manor, a family trait of theirs.

"We trusted you! We trusted you! I will never trust you again!"

Needless to say his ear ring has been removed.

After finishing my chocolate cake, I departed upstairs for the evening, and left them to give him a bloody good talking to. About time, kid's been taking the piss for far too long.

Quality birthday entertainment.

• Funny Funny x 9
    • Friendly Friendly x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  19. audiosl4ve Saitama's underling

found out some times before but it can be called today. Going to become dad ^^

• Like Like x 9
    • Wizard Wizard x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  20. Queenie Don't tell me what to do!!!

I might be going to uni!! Woooo!!! My employer will be paying for it!!!!

• Like Like x 7
    • Wizard Wizard x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List