The good thing that happened to you today

Discussion in 'Random' started by Infernal Dragon, 26 Jan 2013.

1. audiosl4ve Saitama's underling

2. imagine heartbleed but a thousand times worse

there's a plethora of ways to get limited remote access via it, then a few ways to escalate that to root (DHCP etc) using the same exploit

it's the first serious widespread remote vulnerability any OS has had in years, 10 out of 10 cvss severity rating

the only saving grace is that most devices that won't ever get updated (routers, phones, TVs, etc.) run busybox not bash - it's mostly servers and pcs that are affected

Last edited: 25 Sep 2014
    • Useful Useful x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  3. NomNom Chompski BURNING LOVEEEE

What's the site out of curiosity? Might see if my RPi is open to the exploit.

4. spidEY シスコン

Just run this from your terminal. If bash is your default login shell, you are affected. I had to manually install the patched bash package from the unstable Debian repositories:

Code:
    env x='() { :;}; echo vulnerable' bash -c "echo this is a test"

5. And for the 2nd vulnerability:

Code:
    rm -f echo && env -i  X='() { (a)=>\' bash -c 'echo date'; cat echo
    arch and centos just released patches for it

6. NomNom Chompski BURNING LOVEEEE

First one worked for me, returned the "this is a test". second one produced a no such file.

ADD: According to http://www.theregister.co.uk/2014/09/24/bash_shell_vuln/ mines not at risk 8)

Last edited: 26 Sep 2014
  7. Earlier this week I came up with a process solution to a big problem that's been an issue since our company's new system went live at the beginning of the month. I let the manager know, and soon enough, my solution was reviewed and approved by the senior guys I've never heard of. Now, my solution and the little tutorial I typed up have been circulated around the company under my name and my area managers are sending in praise. It feels really, really fucking good.

My good friend - who happens to be the guy I replaced - just got approached for a pretty damn amazing opportunity higher up off the back of some good work he did. Shows the company is watching, and I am excited all things considered.

• Like Like x 13
    • Wizard Wizard x 3
    • List
  8. Humpers GM's Resident #420 Twatmeister General

ggwp, hopefully your promos inc

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  9. Amemori "Special" gamer mommy from Finland

A nice autumn evening with candles, tv, ice cream and candy. :)
    Oh, and with Sanguine too :D

PS: Everything ok with the baby, visited the doctor on Tuesday and she said everything's fine though I have been suffering from the flu.

Last edited: 27 Sep 2014
  10. Cookies4you Crippling Pickling Prickling Disorder

Got a 28/40 on a test for my Java Programming class.

Thank god I didn't fail.

11. Falsey John, the Goldfish: Never Forgotten

Wow this is, like, the first time in awhile that I've heard your life undergoing significant progression. Really good to hear you've finally beat the "finished uni, what next LOL" situation man

12. Humpers GM's Resident #420 Twatmeister General

Drinked alcohols. Mistakes were not made.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Wizard Wizard x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  13. Vallun I don't take drugs I just take naps.

Apart from sending me a snapchat of you taking a shit.

• Funny Funny x 8
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  14. Humpers GM's Resident #420 Twatmeister General

m9 post drinking shits are a big moment

15. Gaw discord is my friend now

Went to Father Ted night yesterday, it was fantastic! Dressed up as Dougal with a huge hole in the back of a tank top. There's probably some shitty photos on the site, cba with that fucking gallery system.

Went to buy a pizza from Four Star during the night, and met a guy who goes to my uni. Hooked me up with like five pizzas and several combo boxes for free, because nobody had collected them. Had to carry the massive stack of food in the pissing rain with an umbrella in my actual shirt back to the pub. Worth it though!

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Wizard Wizard x 1
    • List
  16. Mystia the Schnitzel Delivery Guy

Had a visit of our relatives from Canada today, had some BBQ and were talking quite a lot, really enjoyed this day!

17. So apparently we've got away with having a team name of '420 rasterize it' and a project where we're developing an opengl montage parody simulator

I love my course

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Wizard Wizard x 1
    • List
  18. Gaw discord is my friend now

Attended the first meeting of the Student Enterprise Society

All I did was drink ten cups of coffee and eat chicken dippers, worth

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  19. Gaw discord is my friend now

became class representative in student union

got free coffee, cookies, beer and pizza

worth

• Like Like x 4
    • Wizard Wizard x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  20. audiosl4ve Saitama's underling

it sounds like you're on some homepool party not collage. Well what can i say than you're lucky to be american!

audiosl4ve
    This message by audiosl4ve has been hidden due to negative ratings. (Show message)
    • Douglas Douglas x 6
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
    • List

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)