The good thing that happened to you today

Discussion in 'Random' started by Infernal Dragon, 26 Jan 2013.

1. audiosl4ve Saitama's underling

2. nlspeed Rex Omnium Imperarum

Fuji?

Or random islands from here. Or the capital; Suva?

Or do you prefer something completely different?

3. Subv You ain't even lord of your yard

Sona
    Lilith

4. Queenie Don't tell me what to do!!!

Thank you all for the replies. We joked to call her Consuela... and she (I think it will be a she) mweept. We will not be naming her that tho..

5. Cleopatra, Medusa, Victoria, Elizabeth, John, Austin Powers, Lewis

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  6. Mystia the Schnitzel Delivery Guy

Mystia!
    Because Mystia is actually a night sparrow .w.
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: 28 Dec 2016
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. Bagman Some cunt on the internet

Air Force One

maybe a bit too long

8. Harv Admiral Anchovy

Made it to Gold Nova 1 yesterday

9. Got a well paying (for what I do) part time job at asda that's letting me pull in around £160-£200 a week.
    Applied for a Masters Course in Information Systems Management & a Masters Bursary of £10,000 - £6500 goes to the uni to pay for the course and £3500 goes to me.

Hopefully will be able to afford my own place without any financial aid from the government!

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: 28 Dec 2016
    • Wizard Wizard x 10
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  10. Falsey John, the Goldfish: Never Forgotten

Was my turn for hosting a quiz for my unimates this week today, decided to do something different because I hate quizs. Plus, the quiz is the only time we all do things together as a group after half the group started going out with itself and never accepting invites out. Also, I hate quizs.

Decided to 'trick' them into a pen and paper RPG, with a few adjustments. First, there was really no pen and paper other than the stuff I provided, second I just made up the roll results based on their actions, profession, age etc instead of spending a day beforehand teaching them it.

Did it all very ambiguously, under the pretense I was just doing a quirky quiz. First, I asked them in group chat to pick a profession off a list I provided, following the next day with letters under their doors at 6am inviting them to the home of Charles Abergash, on the 27th of November 1926.

I wanted to keep things quite secretative, so I asked them to create characters who fit the professions I provided them. As I pretty expected, they thought they were coming to play a "funky Cluedo". It was only towards the end I revealed they were playing Call of Cthulhu.

Having finished my academic year, I gave myself more than a week to prepare, which mostly included listening to Lovecraft audiobooks, reading the rules of the game, drawing maps, dismissing the rules of the game, writing notes and letters etc.

We started at 6PM, to match the arrival of their characters. Going to compact the rest into spoilers.

Last edited: 18 May 2015
  11. Got accepted for my masters.
    Now just to get accepted for the Bursary.

• Like Like x 7
    • Wizard Wizard x 1
    • List
  12. Sir Rahka ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

Got a job for the summer as a Network Designer. FINALLY. Sexy title and position is sexy. And sexy pay is even more sexier.

• Like Like x 6
    • Wizard Wizard x 1
    • List
  13. Rioter Mad man box wearing lunatic for President

Finally finished at uni. Completed my project demo this morning, markers both liked what they saw and sounded very positive with my progress. Without jinxing everything, I could actually get a 1st class honors degree which I wasn't thinking was possible.

Completely flip side to yesterday.

• Like Like x 6
    • Wizard Wizard x 4
    • List
  14. Queenie Don't tell me what to do!!!

Yesterday I told my boss and manager that I was ready for something new. Tbh my job sucks ass. It use to be fun but our new mayor is such an a hole.
    Anways... I told them and I said it doesn't have to be a secret and if anybody had any ideas about other positions it would be more than welcome. So one of my former bosses was standing here this morning and I told him that I was going to look for something else and he said he might know something. For ENTP (European New Towns and Pilot Cities Platform) they are still looking for people. I would have to travel to England every month orso and a few times to Brussel.

15. audiosl4ve Saitama's underling

go for it queeniee!

16. Cookies4you Crippling Pickling Prickling Disorder

Doing my College Finals.

2 down, 2 to go.

That job sounds awesome.

17. Bagman Some cunt on the internet

I broke my losing streak in Binding of Isaac Rebirth with The Lost on hard.

~800 deaths later Satan and The Lamb fall.

Blue Baby, Boss Rush you're going down next.

18. YES

19. Subv You ain't even lord of your yard

as someone that went through the hell that is the lost, good luck.

20. Harv Admiral Anchovy

I checked how much it costs to replace the HDD in my MBP and I'm pleased with the result as it won't jeopardize my chance to bring enough money to the meetup and I'll have my laptop fixed too. This is a fine day.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)