The good thing that happened to you today

Discussion in 'Random' started by Infernal Dragon, 26 Jan 2013.

1. its totally different to ambient occlusion

there isnt actually any visual difference to see at all with this, it's purely an optimisation

2. I know 2 of those words

3. Fire ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) WHAT DO YOU MEAAAAN

This

I can die happy now. (inb4 they don't finish it again)

4. Falsey John, the Goldfish: Never Forgotten

Everything's starting to look more optimistic in terms of housing.

Anyway, I did that phone call the next day. Of course, having been fed up with his weird attempts at power plays over the last day (including answering my text where I said the only time I could do was 12:30 with '11:30 then', to which I only replied with '12:30' - Jesus try and be subtle) I let tantrum guy phone six times at 12:30 before answering

'So you couldn't take those six calls before?' was the first thing out of his mouth.

'Oh sorry about that, had my phone muted and didn't realise it was half past already~'

Basically made it clear I was in-charge from second one; kept talking every time they interrupted, listed the different ways they could advertise my room. Wished them a good day; call lasted 9 minutes.

That night at 8PM, I found the house locked with my key in from the other day; I couldn't find it before leaving for Xmas dinner and they said they'd let me in the next day. I phoned both of them, both ignored. Messaged both of them, ignored after an hour. Ok, messaged them I was phoning our landlady; suddenly replies explaining their excuses for not being able to let me in. Phone landlady, tell her what's going on, she says she'll send an email to both of them demanding they let me in. Ten minutes later, I could tell they got that email.

'Hey Casey I'm at my girlfriends', can come over asap'

Hey Casey Rob's at his girlfriends, says he'll come let you in'

Simultaneous. Beautiful.

When I get back in I grab all my money and coursematerial and lock ALL MY SHIT in my room, cause god knows I'm not letting them touch my PC or PS4, keeping using my HDMI cable, Wii, food, detergent and stereo system etc when they not even able to remember to close windows (still a major problem) I lock my bedroom door and go back to my girlfriend's.

They went ballistic. 'Casey you can't just lock your door!', 'Yeah I can', 'We need access to the boiler!', 'No you don't, use the thermostat', 'the boiler's not on!', why not, i'll landlady told us to keep it on at all times'.

They asked my landlady to come round and unlock my room. Obviously she told them lolno.

Shannon's flatmates are now happy again to let me live there; turned out they hadn't changed sides this week or some shit, they were just worried that, after the two of them made the two girls confess everything, me and Shannon would hate them. I'm now looking forward to next semester.

Been offered a loan from my parents to cover my rent while I find a housemate; £2000, but paying that off over a year is worth my sanity.

Found out yesterday the fucking most hilarious thing; thirty minutes before the phone call, the two guys tried to ambush me at my gf's house again. Knocked on her door for thirty minutes, demanding I come out, speaking to me the entire thirty minutes. At one point one of them apparently loudly marched down the stairs, opened the door, loudly said goodbye to everyone then slammed the door, before creeping back up stairs thinking he could bait me out of the room.

I was at the library the entire time.

• Friendly Friendly x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  5. Queenie Don't tell me what to do!!!

Can confirm that I will be starting my new job in January!!!

*happy dance*

• Like Like x 10
    • Wizard Wizard x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • List
  6. Falsey John, the Goldfish: Never Forgotten

Went to my advisor on Monday to talk about my recent issues. The main problem was how all the stress was affecting my already extreme ADHD; it's gotten to the point where I'll read an essay, understand perfectly the words and the ideas/concepts expressed in the current sentence, but by the time I'm on the next sentence the information just isn't in my brain. Kinda like the sensation of playing a game on the PS2, particularly one where its game over when you die, without a memory stick; no way to progress. Although I had already started a couple of them, with an essay due on the 10th (now tomorrow), another on the 14th and 15th with my job all this weekend, I'm literally now too far behind in my studies to be comfortable with the quality of my essays, and far too out if it mentally to actually type up anything than a disjointed mess.

Anyway, he said I should go to the Dean's office as they might be able to help me out. Thought I'd give it a shot and jesus christ. The wonderful lady I spoke to focused on two things immediately;

- I've been on the waiting list to see a therapist since September. Because I need to see the therapist before I can go back onto medication, I've essentially been denied the adequate medication for me to succeed at my course.

- Stress amplifying the effects of my ADHD, meaning that I have more difficulty being able to do my work. This, in turn, amplifying my stress, thus effecting my ADHD even more and so on.

She told me that I should fill out an extenuating circumstances form and she'd send an email stating her professional opinion as required evidence. Nearly very started crying there and then. I asked her what she'd consider an adequate delayed deadline request, as I didn't want to be cheeky.

Got an email today after the EC board met this morning;

One essay (2,500 words) has been set back to the 21st of December.

Another essay (3,500 words) has been set back to the 8th of January.

The final essay (2,500 words) has been set back to the 11th of January.

Literally can't believe how good I feel right now. Since this news, plus growing certainty of having a house for January, my works been dramatically improved; done more work in 30 minutes than I could do over three hours recently and already finding ways to strengthen dramatically the arguments I've written already

• Like Like x 9
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  7. Boss sent a rough overview of my occlusion culling idea to the editor of GPU Pro

He likes it and wants us to submit a full proposal (basically draft article) for inclusion in GPU Pro 8

[​IMG]

Last edited: 28 Dec 2016
    • Wizard Wizard x 14
    • Like Like x 3
    • List

8. when ur rich and famous and starting ur own games company and need testers

remember me - the cunt who complains about everything and wont stop nagging you on steam

Last edited by a moderator: 28 Dec 2016
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  9. Cactus The key is to never give up

He'll probably remember me - I was a sub in his 6v6 team, which they lied and said I subbed in a game when the other team didn't turn up

E; got my tf2 medal tho didnt i

10. audiosl4ve Saitama's underling

found out my winter break starts in friday, not next week so yaaay more time to sleep

11. Falsey John, the Goldfish: Never Forgotten

I've signed the contract for another house and blocked the dicks in Facebook.

Our landlady said that, of course, I'd still have to pay bills until I move out. Unfortunately my housemates decided that, this week, they'd put on 3x the usual amount on gas and electricity so that not only will that keep them going strong in January, but thought that I'd be dumb enough to accept paying my third of that.

Anyway, needless to say that I made my case, they started shouting over Facebook about me being pathetic but that's too ironic for me to take seriously. Left the guy the money this morning on the table and now he's gone home.

Essentially it's all done now, which feels good

12. Falsey John, the Goldfish: Never Forgotten

Also here's some comedy gold

image.jpg image.jpg

>don't worry it's going 2nd class

:smugdog:

13. second class master race

they both look like cunts from their pictures

but then again so do u

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  14. Cactus The key is to never give up

you know what you should do? go to their house and bottle them

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  15. tell them they're dumb cunts, take their mirrors off and belt it through the park.

This is like being a chav 101. top kek

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • Mad Mad x 1
    • List
  16. Humpers GM's Resident #420 Twatmeister General

yes pls

17. Dan Chief Detective at GM Police HQ - Jagex #1 Fan!

[​IMG]

18. salt is my favourite of flavours <3

19. Humpers GM's Resident #420 Twatmeister General

jizz is salty

20. audiosl4ve Saitama's underling

and you know that how exactly?

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)