The 'nibba' vote.

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Tree, 28 Jan 2018.

?

Should usage of 'nibba' be against the rules?

Poll closed 5 Feb 2018.
  1. No.

13 vote(s)
    61.9%
  2. Yes.

8 vote(s)
    38.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tree AAAAAAAAAAAAAA

'Nibba' is a word that keeps rising to controversy. HellJack suggested putting this to a vote.

Some pros and cons, in no particular order of importance: (feel free to add any of your own as a reply)

For:
    - 'Nibba' is linguistically inoffensive, being a 'corrupted' form of 'nigga' (no hard R - generally used in the African-american community as loose synonym for 'friend' or 'guy' as a way of reclaiming the historically very offensive full word through redefinition). In essence, 'nibba' is a corrupted form of a corrupted form of the original.
    - Self-censoring inoffensive words is a pain in the behind

Against:
    - 'Nibba' is situationally still improper, not something you would shout at your mother or a stranger. (equivalent usage in 'cunt', for example)
    - Not having 'nibba' in your vocabulary isn't missing out, there are alternatives aplenty

?:
    - Contextual awareness (e.g. "sup my nibba" is great, "all nibbas smell bad" is obvious racist usage)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  2. HellJack A message was delivered, and received.

Well thought out arguments, lad. Ace job.

My personal issue with its use is how easy some people fall back on it.

Like lenny faces.

Some edgelord wants to show the server what a bad ass he is, but can't put it into words, so he spams a bunch of racist shit or lenny faces into the chat.

Nibba is just the family friendly version, used by a person who can't think of anything witty to say, but still wants everyone to notice them.

But, that's just me.

EDIT: In regards to a time frame, I usually give my votes a week before acting. Give everyone who wishes to voice in a chance to do so.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  3. Thank you for making this post, Tree. Hopefully after this vote/discussion, we can come to an end to this ‘thing’.

EDIT: I agree with HellJack’s post above.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. Vallun I don't take drugs I just take naps.

:fox:

• Creative Creative x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  5. Queenie Don't tell me what to do!!!

Agree with Jack.

6. -M-m- herpderp

Yep agreeing with Jack here as well, no need to keep the word, nor use it.

7. Dan Chief Detective at GM Police HQ - Jagex #1 Fan!

I don't know about nibbers, but diggers are pretty dirty. You know, from all that digging.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Sexual Tension Sexual Tension x 1
    • List
  8. Vallun I don't take drugs I just take naps.

Alright so it's been a week since the original vote and the results are in favour of 'nibba' not being against the rules. So hopefully this settles the debate, and as always just because it's now free to use, don't go around spamming like other memes. If a manager could lock this bad boy up I'd appreciate it.

9. HellJack A message was delivered, and received.

Indeed.

And thank you all for voicing your thoughts and concerns in a constructive way. I dug this.

So, nibba is now taken off our list of bannable material. But, like everything else, spamming is still bannable.

Good job us.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

Users found this page by searching for:

1. nibba master.com

2. nibba importance

3. nibba games