The Truth or Superstition?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Cookiecaster, 28 Feb 2009.

1. Cookiecaster |/\|/\|/\|/|/\|/\|/\|/|/\|/\|/\|/|/\|/\|/\|/|/\|/\

The Truth or Superstition?

was talking to ash and apex about 2012 and i was like wtf :O:O
    i'm confused of it though there is things to believe and not to believe, the maiyan's callender shows the end of the CALENDER not the world.. unless the end of the callender ment the end of the world.. also [youtube:25n7pz7o]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2DylQeMx6hY&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2DylQeMx6hY&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube:25n7pz7o] just thought i would share it with you and what you think :P there are more vids on youtube and some that make sence and scare you :O "planet x" and the "pole switch".. hmm...

2. Ash

Re: The Truth or Superstition?

Mayan Calander ends on 21st December 2012.. doesn't say its the end of the world but alot of people think it does signify the end of the world.

It's all very interesting if your read into it all, I have a few books about the Mayan Calander and it was kind of spooky how it has predicted alot of things correctly that have happened recently like it predicting there would be a major catrostophy on September the 11th.

Also the fact that the Mayans well before technology was invented to look into space have got a vast knowledge of stars and other planets documented is interesting ;p

Personally I wouldn't worry about it xD but its defo something to look foward to in 2012 to see what does happen xD .. probably mass riots and global breakdown from people being scared in December 2012

3. Re: The Truth or Superstition?

so they did predict the end of the world, there prediction caused it.

4. Th-

LOL... mayans predicted many things right, and so did a fellow called Nostradamus. The latter actually predicted a massmurder well before he was born, and missed the prediction with only 1 letter - "Hister"

According to one of the theories labeled part of "New Age", the future of the planet has been changed. It says, that the end of the world should've come a few years before the millenium, caused by the old agreements between the NATO and Warsow Treaty and a conflict in the Middle-East which would have triggered a global nuclear war. Another theory tells about a large asteroid like the one that killed all the dinosaurs. The asteroid was actually spotted by US scientists, but for a reason I don't recall it moved its path to miss us. However I do remember that a finnish scientific magazine had a short article about it just a few years back.

The funny thing about some of the latest theories, is the reason why the planet's future has changed. They say its the collective human consciousness that defines the future. The human has become more harmonious and less violent during the 20th century, which has resulted in organizations like the UN, the Red Cross, peace/humanitarian efforts you can see every now and then etc. Supposedly this global consciousness has attracted a brighter future for us, and (here is a kicker) the planet itself has actually adjusted to our change by shifting its magnetic poles. This was noticed some 10-15 years ago when airports worldwide had to reconfigure some of their devices based on magnetism. Its like the human body reacts to magnetism in a spiritual way, which is interesting because these predictions were made somewhere in the beginning of the 90's. It was only a few years back when the science discovered that the DNA can actually conduct electricity, and therefore react to magnets one way or another.

This is another reason for you lot to keep to our values; if you flame too much, you're gonna pull an asteroid to our faces...

Don't ask me how I know this, or if I believe in this. I am a man of science, and I think this might fit into the Einstein's conception of God: He works with rules and logic, not with dice.

EDIT: I almost forgot to mention that the mayan calender ends in 2012 because, according to the theories, the shamans couldn't understand the spiritual world beyond 2012. They have interpreted it as an end of world, but it could also mean a change in humanity which the old shamans couldn't understand or see.

5. Cookiecaster |/\|/\|/\|/|/\|/\|/\|/|/\|/\|/\|/|/\|/\|/\|/|/\|/\

wow th- :O really are the science guy eh? :D

6. Obaruler German Rager/Spamer

The maiyan's were wrong ..... "their" end of the world was several hundreds of years ago (because some europe conquerers slaughtered them ..) .. so (because their real end wasnt forseen in their calender) i wouldnt say, that their prophecy will become real.

The world was many times now about to end, because some culture or some psych meant that, and from what i can see, we are still here, so dont worry ^^

As long as the US / Russian president resistis the impulse to "push the red button", the world will not end imo :mrgreen:

End-of-the-world-thinking is for religious retards around the world, and is nothing more then an amusing topic that comes up from time to time because you can shock some people with that .... intelligent human beeings dont believe in a mythical, forseen end of the world ;P

7. Obaruler German Rager/Spamer

Quantum theory ? -> Unlike the "real" world, that works with physic laws, like Einstein thought, there is just unforseeable chaos in the sub-atomic level (from our current point of view) because the same "bit" can have more then a single condition at the same time ^^

One of the sciencentific fields, you still can gain your Nobel price xD

EDIT: WHOPS ! sry for double-post :lol:

8. Re: The Truth or Superstition?

Science has long predicted the end of the world: in c.4.5 Billion years when the sun nears the end of its life and expands into a red giant, swallowing up Marcury, Venus and Earth. Anything else is not the end of the world, simply a point of minor interest along the way. As for magnetism - the earth's megnetic field periodically 'flips' (as does the suns), hence one of the ways to date rocks and geological formations is the orientation of the magnetic field as given to the rocks when they form - the sea bed looks like a barcode if you look at it with magnetic-orientation in mind.

9. IAmNomad Ex-Leader

Okay, I'm just gonna give everything away now. Anyone want a slightly used Steam account? :P

10. Re: The Truth or Superstition?

mmm slightly used, there's a dent here, oh a scratch and whats this a hole!. mmmm how about 1p?

11. Cookiecaster |/\|/\|/\|/|/\|/\|/\|/|/\|/\|/\|/|/\|/\|/\|/|/\|/\

aah thanks guys know i know much more xD i feel as the offtopic forum is an education forum <3 we have a lot of scientists here? :D

btw nomad what you giving it away for and why? lol

12. Re: The Truth or Superstition?

LMAO :lol:

13. Re: The Truth or Superstition?

There is going to be another flip soon (from now to 1000 years) since the magnetic field is weakening, hoping to see the northern lights in England altough the high cancer rates will be a thing to worry about.

It's a shame Einstein never completed the theory of everything

14. Re: The Truth or Superstition?

Well, while global warming happening sea levels are rising.

In the next 5-10 years, some predict that London will be flooded :shock:

Meaning all the low ground areas will flooded

oh btw there's a movie called 2012 :)

[youtube:3ru5a7dg]kCuaR8KehEk[/youtube:3ru5a7dg]

:|

15. Obaruler German Rager/Spamer

@ FastJohn: lol ! These are the Himalayas, and the dude is a Tibet monk, right ?! So ..... a wave of water that reaches ~ 6,000 meters above the current sea level ....... *thinking* ...... sry, but there is not enough water on this planet to do so, even if the last bit of ice would melt ;P

The only chance to create such a giant flood-wave would be a massive comet that hits the earth somewhaere in the ocean .... i think we would have a bigger problem then a flood wave if such a thing would hit us ..... the pure energie that would hit us there 8in relation to the caused wave it would have been a true monster of a comet) would create a firestorm that would circuit the whole globe and would burn anything that could drown in that wave of water xD

16. Re: The Truth or Superstition?

yea, btw my comment got nothing to do with the movie.

as sea levels are rising/changing all the time.

but yes, that movie must be "a massive comet" or a massive tsunami(is possible) for that 6000 metres wave.

If it a comet, usa/russia should use there nuclear powers :P as a comet doesn't comes outta nowhere, they will know months b4 it hits the earth.

If it big massive tsunami, we DOOMED. (depend where it happens :cry: )

17. Re: The Truth or Superstition?

If a comet comes from behind the sun by the time scientists detect it it's already too late.

18. Re: The Truth or Superstition?

Yeah i heard about that, if it hit a major city all you would see is a crater.

19. Obaruler German Rager/Spamer

*Prays that it will hit the city "Mainz"*

(Grendal and ze other german members will get my intention ..... tips: Obaruler <3 FC Schalke 04, DFB Cup >_> )

WHHHHHHHHHHHHY ?!?!?!?!?!!??! :roll:

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)