The weird thing that happened to you today

Discussion in 'Random' started by Deleted member 2669, 28 Apr 2014.

1. Falsey John, the Goldfish: Never Forgotten

House Party I was at last night ended early after one of the neighbours started shinning a flashlight into people's faces from her window, yelling "bloody foreigners", another neighbour taking a baseball bat to one of the host's wing mirrors while the former woman marched to the front of the house and spent an hour trying to bait the guests into attacking her.

Ended up trying with others to defuse the situation as it became more and more clear that she was going to successfully get certain foreign guests to snap and hit back, as she continued shinning her flashlight in peoples eyes. Then had to wait for my mates as the police arrived and started taking statements.

This was a party entirely comprised of English Lit and Environmental Science students. Completely tame affair, with the hardest substance being taken being a couple of joints. This country is becoming such a fucking joke

Last edited: 8 Oct 2016
  2. Cactus The key is to never give up

what is your life

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. Cactus The key is to never give up

a joke

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Zing Zing x 1
    • Wizard Wizard x 1
    • List
  4. Falsey John, the Goldfish: Never Forgotten

Article written by one of the housemates, a good friend of mine:

http://www.concrete-online.co.uk/neighbours-open-letter/

5. Falsey John, the Goldfish: Never Forgotten

So last night was a bit weird. Was walking home from some flat on campus at 2AM when I ran into two girls, both first years, who didn't know how to get to their dorm. Naturally, as they were p.cute, I offered to be their guide and just listened as they seemed to convince themselves that I was actually a lecturer.

Walking down one of the more desolate campus roads, we started to hear shouting coming towards us. Essentially, it looked like some guy, who clearly decided for Halloween he'd be a prick, screaming at the girl asking "why would you do that? why would you do that?" and getting really in her face. Probably a couple, maybe the girl had got off with someone at the on-campus club, but they did look like a walking-talking domestic murder waiting to happen.

The two girls I was with clearly wanted to get involved. I took them aside and explained how yeah, we should call security incase he's a threat to the girl he's with, but the worst thing to do would be to get directly involved. It'd only agitate the situation and, seeing as how he's seemingly happy to be very aggressive to what looks like his girlfriend, we probably don't want to see what he's capable of doing to a stranger. Plus, there's no reassurance the girl would appreciate it; if this is something domestic, its very likely she'll side with her boyfriend regardless.

The girls nodded in agreement. Then one of them shouted "Oi, leave her the fuck alone mate". As she got involved in a screaming match with the guy, whose now some 15 feet behind us, with him delivering a few threats, I could already tell how this was probably going to end for me.

Anyway, I decided to try and stay completely out of it - with the guy being as big a prick as he was, the situation would only get worse if I brought attention to myself and made him see a random male presence getting involved. But, of course, the other girl than ran to the crying girlfriend, trying to put her arms round her. I tried to call her to come back, 'you probably don't want to do that etc', when the guy started advancing towards her, getting in her face; threatening her and then, finally, putting his hands on her.

So, yeah. This is where my own common sense went out the window. Yelled at him to back off, get your hands off her etc, and ran between them because apparently, despite not being able to get aggressive or violent, even in self-defence, I was clearly going to be able to do something to help. One of the campus security guards later on tried to convince me that "that was heroic man, you took the swing for her", to which I could only point out that, actually, it was just a case of me accidentally running into his fist.

Anyway, the guy had a pretty impressive swing and made me hit the road with a single punch. I got up, obv clutching the side of my face, as him and her gf began racing up the road, with the girl from before following in pursuit. Her friend stopped to make sure I was alright (and I guess was reassured by the fact I was actually laughing as I got to my feet - having known how it was going to end from the start, it was pretty darkly funny for me aha), before also chasing them. I went to follow, only to get hit by a real wave of nausea, increadibly light-headed etc, so I waited laying against a sort of grass bank until security came.

When I walked over to them, obviously they took details off us etc. After 5 or so minutes, one of them turned to me after hearing how I'd been smashed in the face and fell head first onto the road. In perfect fashion, I said yeah, I felt fine, only for my vision to immedietly blur as I was looking at him aha. So I explained that "actually mate, my vision's just literally blurred and I feel a bit faint" and said I was just going to lay down and catch my breath. After a couple of minutes I felt fine again, kept making light of the situation to the security guards and girls, even got complimented on my style by one of my guards when, on being led to his car to be taken to St John's Ambulance by the campus club, I called back to the girls and said "I reckon it'd be a good idea to add me on Facebook". Always worth a gander.

Anyway, St John's thought I might have sustained head injuries after some examination and insisted that, not only do I go to A&E straight away, but get a mate to come with me incase I do actually black out or have an episode. Luckily my friend Jake was nearby studying at the library and we got a cab to the hospital. Three hours later I was told I was probably fine and that, for someone with a family history of high blood pressure, terrible diet, chain smoker etc, I've actually got pretty good blood preassure, which is nice I guess. So, hopefully, I've just walked away with a fat lip and a massive bulging nose.

Anyway, got home at 7AM and said goodbye to my mate (who is the unspoken hero of this tale tbh). Went to campus security this evening to ask about last night. One of the guys from last night explained that they had gotten the guy's name and taken it to the Dean of Students and that, if I wanted to, I could take it onto the police.

I don't know. Like, yeah the guy seemed like a psycho, but I don't want to ruin his life without first knowing more about his side first. I can only make assumptions about why he was shouting at his gf, how drunk he was, his character etc. But at the same time, as my parents have repeatedly stressed to me today (Mum: "Why the fuck would you even put yourself in danger to help a stranger, when you know you wouldn't be able to hit back and that, even if you did, you're a weakling"), that punch could of done some serious damage had it not seemingly just hit my lower face.

I don't know. I kinda need to weigh up on my end whether or not the guy perhaps just had a really, really bad night or if he's an actual threat to other people. Luckily, apparently I can go to Student Services and receive some confidential information that the security lodge wasn't allowed to disclose and possibly, through them, set up an interview with the guy. Who knows.

6. NomNom Chompski BURNING LOVEEEE

Falsey is the perfect example of wrong place, wrong time. Or maybe right place, wrong time idk.

7. Falsey John, the Goldfish: Never Forgotten

Got talking to one of the library security guards over a smoke just now, turns out he spotted the guy and girl roughly ten minutes before I encountered them. What he had to tell has pushed me towards taking this further; the guy was pushing her against the side of a van, hollering in her face; actually being violent. One of the things holding me back from reporting it was the idea that it could have just been a bad situation: I only saw him being verbally abusive to his girlfriend, not physical, and although I'm pretty sure I saw him go for the girl who was trying to play hero, I can't be certain about it due to my memory of the minute before and after I took the hit being very hazy - was he just a very angry drunk guy, and did us three just intensify the situation?

But from what the library guard said, its painting a picture of a fucking failure of a human being. Still going to press the Student Services to give me a little information today but luckily LibraryBro has given me his details and confirmation that he's comfortable getting involved if I take it to the police, which I think is the direction this is going to go in.

8. Falsey John, the Goldfish: Never Forgotten

I know people on here have made jokes about how I seem to be a magnet for weirdness, but I'm starting to wonder if there's actually something in that. I do seem to frequently stumble, at an abnormal rate, into into strange situations. I'm starting to wonder why that is.

9. audiosl4ve Saitama's underling

i just want to live one week near you friend so i can see wonders of earth. You really are magnet for wierd stuff

10. casey your life is a fucking sitcom how do you even fucking do it

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  11. Subv You ain't even lord of your yard

you need a friend with a bass guitar that follows you around and plays the seinfield theme every time something happens to you

12. Falsey John, the Goldfish: Never Forgotten

So me and my mate, with TV and PS3 in hand, headed at 2am to a 12 hour videogame society 'sleepover'. Was pretty chill; the two of us started hanging out with this other guy there, laughing as I played random Kingdom Hearts save files out of context, watching my mate try Dark Souls etc. Accidentally started a bit of a joke that got completely out of hand; while playing Resident Evil 4 I handed the controller to my mate, whose never played it before, and stressed to him that to trigger the next cutscene he has to "pet the cow". Obv the other guy there was in on the joke, so we kept saying we were pretty certain that's what you have to do, but that neither of us couldn't remember how to after all these years.

I went for a smoke only to be greeted by the other guy on returning, who told me I wouldn't believe what's happened. When I got back to where we were sitting there was now a crowd of five people, including the videogame society's president, all helping my mate look through the in-game control manuals to find the input that would let him "pet the cow". It took another 10 minutes of president experimenting with the controls until he caught on that we were talking ballocks and you just had to go through the next area.

Also, while there we found a half-eaten pizza and, knowing that this society always buys pizza for its members at events, my mate, the other guy and myself helped finished the final half and took the box out. After an hour or two passed, however, some neckbeard came over and asked us if we had seen his pizza. Hiding our shame and nervousness, the three of us gave an obligatory "look around at the floor by our feet for it" before saying no. A minute later, his girlfriend came by shouting that someone was going to be "fucking murdered" for eating her boyfriend's pizza, and that "someone capable of eating another man's pizza should be fucking castrated". Obv felt really fucking guilty but, as I only ate a slice while the other two had 4, I couldn't really accept full responsibility or out them by apologising. So, for the next three hours, we continued playing Kingdom Hearts (which ended up with a group of five fucking people watching me while debating the concepts of the fucking KH universe aha) in an atmosphere that felt like we were trying to cover up a murder.

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  13. audiosl4ve Saitama's underling

so did you pet the cow?

14. Queenie Don't tell me what to do!!!

Sprays page as server is rebooting. Alien script yo!

Attached Files:

15. Queenie Don't tell me what to do!!!

I had an intake planned with a plastic surgeon for tomorrow and I just got an email that he died :|

16. perform surgery on him and bring him back

17. Cactus The key is to never give up

So I was at my university's LAN this weekend and there was a LAN quiz. One of the rounds was a music round. They play this song and I start singing along and cant figure out where I knew it from. No one on my team knew it and I was just singing along.

Then it hit me, it's fucking SEA SHANTY from Runescape.

Nope I was wrong it was Sea shanty 2 lul

Song if you want to listen:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  18. Sim Burner of props and hunter of hunters

AAAAAAAAAAAH FUCK

It's been so long since I heard this...

19. Rioter Mad man box wearing lunatic for President

So... a fairly weird encounter happened on the train back to my parents today.

Boarded my train in Swindon, two coach train, pretty packed. I'm sitting on my own with my bag on my lap, minding my own business browsing Twitter when some woman in her early 30s sat next to me. She appeared intoxicated, and I suspected she had thrown up fairly recently. She then proceeded to remove her shoes, take off her hoodie and get uncomfortably close to me, and asked me if I was interested. Oddly enough, I said no, and I proceeded to mind my own business.

She didn't leave me alone, kept trying to seduce me (if you can call it that...), I proceeded to ignore her and started to put my headphones on. She then called me very boring. Right now I really couldn't care or be bothered to acknowledge her, I just wanted to get to the next station and get off.

She then got very agitated realising she wasn't getting her way or any form of acknowledgement, and then said in a slightly raised voice that I am the epitome of everything that is wrong with society, and I quote, I was "the kind of person who needs to die in a fucking car crash", and that me and my kind are stain on humanity".

A couple of minutes later, she then moved elsewhere in the coach. I got off at the next stop, she stayed on the train. I suspect she was on the train to Stroud, which has a bit of an unspoken reputation for questionable individuals...

The fuck?!

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  20. -M-m- herpderp

Just had a random woman call me (fairly broken english) & asked if she was calling *MR my last name* & then asked if i liked italian food, i only had time to say uhh then she hung up on me.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)