Tigit

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by eoN, 14 Oct 2008.

1. eoN

Re: Tigit

Waebi i think it depends on what you buy, if you buy one TF2 server it will be alot cheaper but its only one server not a dedi.

2. Re: Tigit

Plus having a dedi lets us run scripts such as DarkiSock, any server applications we want, and seed torrents :P

3. eoN

Dont seed torrents... It will jsut slow down the servers and if the torrents arent safe infect the servers with virus' etc and also if the are illegal torrents its possible Tigit will get sued or you ;)

4. Re: Tigit

Joking :P

Only time I've used a torrent was to get a cracked ZPS client when the steam download servers were fucked (which actually achieved nothing xD)

5. eoN

lol

But seriously you can get charged for it and its either a hefty fine (im sure someone got sued for 10k per game they sold)

6. Re: Tigit

bah, if everyone who "does it" got charged and put to jail (JOKING), then the jails would need about 10x the space... just to say.

Darkie -> Guantanamo tho :O :S

7. eoN

Lol i know but is it worth the risk for a whole clan, minimum if Tigit found out they would probably have to take the dedi back (probably against terms and conditions)

8. Re: Tigit

The cheapest Dedi from Multiplay.co.uk (where i'm going to buy the GM'F server at some point) costs: 35Pounds but won't run 4 publics, 1 matchserver and sourceTV. The midprice dedi costs: 150Pounds and the highprice dedi costs: 320Pounds.

The reasons why i'm not going to buy another Tigit server: their servers aren't located near one of the major routers and thats why GM servers have the highest ping of UK server FOR ME.

9. Re: Tigit

Good price there, myke for ya match server, but that £35(if GM buys that) will probably fit 12-16 players for TF2 or less. should be good for a match server.

I know you got problems(router thingy) with it, does it still goes to American and back? :P

10. Re: Tigit

Better to buy just a single server package for a single match server - you get a good deal from some places for keeping a 24/7 password on the server :)

11. Re: Tigit

Don't worry guys ;) i'm not going to buy a dediacted server ;) I'll buy a matchserver, with just 16slots which costs less then 100Pounds for Half a year.

And jep, i'm still routed cross America. I blame Stockholm Lan.

12. Bun

Yeah, Stockholm sucks! >:O

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

Users found this page by searching for:

1. tigit servers