Titan Quest : Anniversary Edition

Discussion in 'Other Games and MMORPGs' started by Mole45, 1 Sep 2016.

1. Mole45 Dance Little Liar

[​IMG]

10 years ago, Ironlore and THQ made an amazing bush physics engine and built a game to house it in. That game was Titan Quest. Now, a decade later, it's back. (With 1,268 changes)
    It's a free upgrade if you have the original on steam and includes both the base game and expansion, even if you only had the base game before. If you never bought this masterpiece of an ARPG, it's currently 75% off and worth every penny.
    If you have the physical edition like me, but bought it before steam really became a thing, you have to buy it again.
    It's had a graphical update and a bunch of fixes as well as new bosses but most importantly, upgraded multiplayer that might actually function this time.
    So the real question is, with 3 weeks left until I return to university and with most of us launching out into the real world and hunting for jobs, is there anyone who has the time to have another go at this?

http://store.steampowered.com/app/475150/

So what's been added?

- Auto-pickup of gold, relics and potions
    - Game spy is gone
    - ACHIEVEMTS AND TRADING CARDS YEH
    - More people = more monsters
    - New UI (classic still available apparently)
    - MORE VIBRATIONS
    - Steam Workshop integration
    - New hero monsters
    - Ranged enemies have been taught to run away when you get too close
    - Improved pet A.I.
    - Various skill updates
    - So many item updates

Full Changelog

Last edited by a moderator: 28 Dec 2016
  2. Queenie Don't tell me what to do!!!

I just noticed yesterday that it was added to my library. I might actually give it a go :)

3. Hooch Luckiest man alive.

Holy shit yes. I'm definitely up for playing this through.

4. Well, I have the original - should we plan a time to have a multiplayer play through?

5. Cactus The key is to never give up

I want to play but I have a feeling this will take 10+ hours?

Ironman or this D:

6. Mole45 Dance Little Liar

Aye, it will take much longer than that to complete the game.

Aye, if we give it a day to see who else is interested (a max of 6) and start a chat to organise it that would probably work best. I'm free most days but it now looks like I may have to go in to work a couple days next week.

7. Jolly Long Arm The Moon... It's far away!

how many people cannit hold

8. Mole45 Dance Little Liar

6, so far it's Hooch, Savage, Queen, and I. Maybe Cactus.

9. Jolly Long Arm The Moon... It's far away!

ah nice, though depends when due to work

10. ill play losersssssssss

11. I think Mr @Geit would also like to play if there's space (probably more so than I so I'll duck out if there's not enough space!)

12. Cactus The key is to never give up

Nah I won't be playing, will probably just play solo and make very slow progress lol

13. Mole45 Dance Little Liar

Well we have a max of six and so far me, Hooch, Lewis and you are the only definites in this thread. With Geit that makes 5. Then that leaves space for one of Queen (if she chooses to give it a go) or Joel (depending on work hours)

14. Queenie Don't tell me what to do!!!

If I am horrible at the game I am willing to give up my spot. If nobody else wants it I'll take it but if somebody does choose to play they can have my spot. :)

Last edited: 2 Sep 2016
  15. audiosl4ve Saitama's underling

i could play maybe yeah. To bad i'm going to holiday tomorrow for 10 days :(

alsojust noticed (again), WHERE IS Secret Santa 2015 badge?! :cop:

16. Humpers GM's Resident #420 Twatmeister General

I'll join cactus in the slow solo climb because there's no way I'll have the time to keep up with multiplayer, this game sounds amazing though

17. so when are we doing this shit nerds

18. Jolly Long Arm The Moon... It's far away!

When ever mole gets his skinny little ass online. There's no 6th yet :L

Definitely playing
    Mole
    Hooch
    Lewy
    Geit
    Queen

Maybe/Don't mind
    Savage
    Sucky
    Me
    Cactus

:( they capped some stats, previously it was possible to have no cooldowns or 100% dodge

also @Mole45 how do you auto pick up gold and potions and relics

Last edited: 3 Sep 2016
  19. Humpers GM's Resident #420 Twatmeister General

I'm happy to fill however I cannot promise I'll be available when necessary.

Also I never played the original but does anyone know of a comprehensive "beginner" guide to this game just so I don't have to spend too much time working just the controls out and can actually get into the meat of the game itself?

20. Mole45 Dance Little Liar

You have to press a button - it's A by default I think

Sorry I wasn't online yesterday, friend had a party and I've just got back feeling a little like death.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)