Trouble in Terrorist Town

Discussion in 'Garry's Mod' started by Gaw, 1 Jan 2012.

1. Hearth Forever Traitor

Don't make me undo that rating Dogling, you already blew me up in TTT so I got beef.

2. :mmmhmm:

3. Dan Chief Detective at GM Police HQ - Jagex #1 Fan!

I really like spectator DM but every server that I've played on so far that has it has been laggy as fuck.

Then again, you aren't being forced to use it, so I suppose it's not a huge deal.

I'd really like to see it added though. Just get Dark to work some magic so no lag.

4. Subv You ain't even lord of your yard

i'd like tjust anything to do in spectator, nothings worse than playing with 15+ people and dying in the start then being spec 15 mins

5. Hearth Forever Traitor

Well I'll see if I can win some popularity by finding the script should I still have it, I've found Spec DM works on servers as dedicated as GM. Just a lot of servers run on kids PC's tend to use it cause they play DM in TTT anyhow and want to carry it on in the afterlife. XD

6. Hearth Forever Traitor

7. Gaw discord is my friend now

First of all, I really have to thank @Steely McWeely for his many many donations. He has donated more than the previous top 2 donors put together. All money will be spent on improving the server/s, so make sure you're grateful to him you fuckers :Kappa:

• Added PointShop 2 gambling.
      • I was shocked and saddened by the horrible reaction to the betting system. I was completely castrated, despite constantly making changes to it every map. There was a bugfix shortly after I removed it, but I think I would be a fool to bring it back in any shape or form.
    • Updated PointShop 2 from 1.0 to 2.1.3, which should remove those pesky bugs.
    • Implemented Reaver's weapon balancing.
    • Added Hearth's specdm suggestion.
      • If it's shit, we will move to our own private solution.
    • Added ttt_whitehouse_b9 and ttt_crummycradle_a4
      • Their crashing bugs should be fixed.
      • Both are visible at 14 players.
    • Added missing materials to our workshop addon.
    • Removed PS2 achievements while some bugs are fixed.

Last edited: 6 Jan 2015
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  8. I think the biggest issue with it was the confusion on how it worked at the start and the "all in" option, keeping it to smaller bets in my eyes would have been a good idea, but if was in your shoes I would have felt the same way about it and wouldn't bother with it again. I am sorry that didn't work out and the work you put into it that went to waste. We appreciate all the work you put into the server.

9. Cactus The key is to never give up

can we get blackhouse and eastwood

10. Hearth Forever Traitor

I hope everyone is a fan of my suggestion and thank you for the implementation, Gaw. Not to mention all the work you've put into the server which is evident even to someone who hasn't been here a week yet. :D

11. Very happy with the way this server is going - have nothing but praise at the moment

• Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Sexual Tension Sexual Tension x 1
    • List
  12. Any thoughts on raising the player count or is 28 still the ideal compromise?

13. Hearth Forever Traitor

I think 28 is ideal as you get 7 traitors and 3 detectives, anything more than that and it all gets a bit too much.

14. Gaw discord is my friend now

SpecDM had to removed I'm afraid. It was incompatible with over 40% of our addons (not kidding here) and causing a lot of problems. It seems that every addon would have to be created with specdm in mind, which is obviously unreasonable. If there's ever a TTT hook update in the future that changes this, I'll re-evaluate the situation.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  15. This is a shame - SpecDM was a good way to kill time whilst rounds carried on, especially if you died early.

Is there any other alternatives that are available? Some sort of mini-game that pops up or something.

67th way has one built in under the map, allowing people to do an obstacle course as a prop which is fun, but obviously only exists in 67th way.

16. Gaw discord is my friend now

You can use the slots :V

17. Personally I'm happy with there being no intrusive spectator games after-death.

Seems like they'd just detract from the experience. Comms in game and mumble potentially get disrupted by spectators playing a different game.

I know it can sometimes be boring if you die early or are watching a game of two people wandering around opposite sides of the map. However I feel that most of time, the spectator experience is fun and it's great when everyone bursts out laughing or in disbelief when something crazy happens. That's lost when everyone's just doing something else.

It's also why I choose to play ttt rather than some other action game or fps at that moment. There is patience and restraint often required, but the payoff is often a great personal moment or spectacle.

18. +1, it's the same shit as in CoD, CS and other games with elimination mechanics - the people who are still alive get added enjoyment/pressure/etc from the fact several people are watching them play

19. I agree with this, and honestly as Gaw said some of the interactions with other addons was fucking the game up hardcore.

People crashing by default, people crashing upon entering deathmatch, manhacks following ghosts. Not to mention that the guns were ridiculous (pistol with a HUGE's fire rate, MP5 that did no damage and had a 15 bullet clip... the list goes on).

I honestly think the server is better off without this.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  20. Hearth Forever Traitor

Shame, I enjoyed it whilst it lasted though it wasn't as balanced as the server (the addons fault, not yours of course). But everyone does have a point about cringing at fail T's in spec-chat, it definitely has it's moments. :V

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)