Trouble in Terrorist Town

Discussion in 'Garry's Mod' started by Gaw, 1 Jan 2012.

1. Gaw discord is my friend now

It would be great for dead players to have small stuff to do besides spectate the game and manage their inventories, but I can't think of anything to add. As always if there are ideas, stick them in the suggestions thread.

2. Jolly Long Arm The Moon... It's far away!

add a free option to the reel to win 1,2,5,10

3. Loving the gambling system. Won 40k and lost 60k, RNG life.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Wizard Wizard x 1
    • List
  4. Hearth Forever Traitor

@Steely McWeely Considering how much you've donated and the many skins you own, I can't help but feel the 20K loss is much of a hit to someone who has sky-high stacks.

As for another suggestion, I have a few fun sound bites for victories. Things like America Fuck Yeah, Inspector Gadget theme and Final Fantasy Battle Victory for the inno's and Bad Boys, Equinox (CALL 911 NOW *bass drop*) and even a DMX/Idolm@ster mashup for the T's.

Dunno if you need more songs for victories but if you do I've got a fair few. :)

5. Falsey John, the Goldfish: Never Forgotten

YES

Also this for inno vic

6. Gaw discord is my friend now

Nah, we've got 100 at the moment which is more than enough. It would cause more downloads. I will be adding a donor option to forcibly add your own content to the server shortly, which will bypass the suggestion (bias) process :V

7. Hearth Forever Traitor

Hot damn that's a lot, theres just so many great songs for inno's and traitors alike. :aaaaa:

8. Gaw discord is my friend now

• Added new donation page!
      • All existing money has been converted into the new credit system, cheers @Dark!
      • Rounded up any pesky fractionals because ain't nobody got time fo' that.
      • Pricing structure has been designed to reward large donators even more!
      • Added messages to chat when people donate
      • There is an inaugural raffle with a prize of 950,000 points + 19,000 premium points :D
    • Updated most elements of the HUD
    • Updated existing Master Chief playermodel
    • Added new Master Master Chief playermodel
    • Added 5 new masks made by @Luna
    • Added many player model/hat suggestions
    • Added new warning system, VGUI accessible to admins with !warn (or just doing !warn player reason)
      • 3 warnings = kicked
      • 5 warnings = banned for 3 days
      • decay time = 60 minutes

• Wizard Wizard x 5
    • Like Like x 4
    • List
  9. RAFFLES EVERY SUNDAY?!?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  10. Hearth Forever Traitor

Wow, you guys are really pushing out the updates. Great work guys! I'll be on to enjoy the fruits of your labour later tonight. :P

11. DEAR FUCKER THAT ACCIDENTALLY CRASHED THE SERVER ON ROOFTOPS,

YOU'VE SOMEHOW ACTUALLY MANAGED TO COMPLETELY RESET ANY AND ALL BALANCE CHANGES ON THE M4

WHY DO YOU DO THIS TO ME

LOTS OF LOVE,

ME

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • List
  12. Just want to make sure, but from the current pricing structure gold vip which in my eyes is a large donation has increased in price from 45 euros to 50 euros (getting the 20 + 40 credits) I can't remember the exact amount of premium and normal pointshop points originally gotten from gold but to me it's looks the same as before. Just wanted to make sure that was the pricing structure you had in mind and not a miscalculation or anything like that.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  13. Gaw discord is my friend now

Ah cheers that was a typo, it was in the spreadsheet at 50 credits. Have updated it now.

14. It's impossible to sign in on the old donation page at /donate due to X-Frame-Options: DENY on the steam login page - this should really be a redirect to the new donation page rather than a frame

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  15. Gaw discord is my friend now

I was thinking something like that might happen yeah. Changed it to a redirect now.

16. Geit Coding wizard!

Is that a rolling decay, or windowed? (i.e. if I get 1 warning at 2pm and then another at 2.55pm at 3.01pm do I have one warning or two?)

17. Gaw discord is my friend now

each individual warning will expire after 60 minutes of in-game time

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List

18. I literally don't have a lot of points nor skins. I have around 180k points and 1k premium points believe it or not, and one simple little anime skin. Most of my shop cash went towards other people :)
    As for the 20k loss I didn't really mind as there isn't anything I would buy in the PS2 at the moment.

19. Gaw discord is my friend now

PointShop 2:
    • Added new boost item type
      • Their duration is only reduced while you are alive.
      • You can only equip one boost at a time.
      • Fall reduction: 50% reduction in fall damage.
      • Traitor chance: 15% additional chance to be chosen as a traitor.
      • Detective chance: 30% additional chance to be chosen as a detective.
      • Boost types NOT added: HP, HP regen, Armor and Movement speed.
    • Traitor kills Detective reward increased.
    • Added new category icons https://imgkk.com/i/54b7.png

• Minimum karma: 500 to 800.
    • Minimum karma to be detective: 1000
    • Karma ban time: 96 hours to 12 hours.
    • Karma gained per round: 10 to 15
    • Clean round bonus (never attacked a teammate): 40 to 80
      • This bonus is halved if your karma is already 1200 or above.

Tab menu:

• [​IMG]
    • Slides from the left when you press tab.
    • Pretty self-explanatory, removes the need for complicated hotkeys.

Tags/Interface:

• Players can select their scoreboard tags by opening it via the new tab menu.
    • Admins would have access to an admin tag and a donator tag if applicable for example.
    • Managers, admins and Gold/Love VIPs also now have a chat tag and custom name colour.

Thank you @Dark for figuring out the PointShop 2 issue among other things. The developer of the addon wasn't even able to figure it out, so mad props.
    Thanks @Reaver for consultation on boost implementation.
    XF ate my original changelog so there might be a few surprises.

I will be doing another update shortly, with new addons, packages, items etc. I am just so incredibly tired and unmotivated right now and need some time to rest before resuming work. My apologies and thank you for your patience.

• Wizard Wizard x 4
    • Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • List
  20. Hearth Forever Traitor

Looks like a huge update, and it sounds like the server is going to be a lot more astgetically pleasing. Also very hype to try out these boosts. :P

About HP regen, I agree with not making things that really affect the outcome of the game (like the boosts you've omitted). But maybe making HP regen a T weapon would be interesting. I definitely think it should be worth more than one credit and only regen 50-75 HP over the whole round. With a regen rate of about 1 HP every 3 seconds?

That way it's expensive but a source of HP for traitors that isn't the health station, observant innocents could also deduce they're traitors by piecing together that there is no health station and they were hurt earlier and healthy now.

Not sure what everyone else thinks of this, I know some hate the idea because traitors should learn to kill in ways where they lose minimal HP.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)