Trouble in Terrorist Town

Discussion in 'Garry's Mod' started by Gaw, 1 Jan 2012.

1. Subv You ain't even lord of your yard

this might be a cool disign for a weapon, make it a pistol that deals low dmg but heals you for half the dmg it does + 10 hp bonus if you kill someone with it

so on headshot it might do max 30 dmg or something, on body shot max 20 dmg,

so max headshot-15 hp heal max+kill 25 hp heal max
    max bodyshot-10 hp heal max+ kill 20 hp heal max

2. Hearth Forever Traitor

That'd be kinda good, only exploit is that maybe someone uses it on an AFK. :/

3. Subv You ain't even lord of your yard

maybe make it have a cap on each person or something like that.

4. Gaw discord is my friend now

PointShop 2
    • Congratulations to @Vio for winning the first ever raffle!
      • Enjoy the 950,000 points + 19,000 premium points :3:
    • Fixed that persistent taunt issue, taunts should now work as intended!
    • Added Morgan Freeman Premium playermodel
    • Added MANY new taunts, there are now 47 regular taunts
    • A new Long/loud section has been added, with a further 19 taunts
    • All players now receive 100 points every 10 minutes
    • All admins receive an additional 50 points regardless of any donation
    • Bronze VIP: 150 points
    • Silver VIP: 250 points
    • Gold VIP: 500 points
    Donation
    • Added new 20 credit Anime Bundle to the store (all exclusive items)
      • Azu-Nyan: K-On!
      • Mugi: K-On!
      • Yui: K-On
      • Reimu: Touhou
      • Marisa: Touhou
      • Rin: Kodomo
    • Added new Broken Bundle to the store (mostly exclusive)
      • Giant Babby Model
      • Yasuo Model
      • Ariel Model
      • Jihad Taunt
      • GSM Taunt
      • Bazinga Taunt
    General
    • Fixed end of round music not playing sometimes
    • Updated Damage Logs
    • Consolidated additional content to improve load times

Trivia Addon
    • A round has a random chance to begin between these two values:
      • Minimum: 7 minutes
      • Maximum: 14 minutes
    • Questions can be difficulty 1, 2 or 3
      • Difficulty 1: 200 points
      • Difficulty 2: 750 points
      • Difficulty 3: 2500 points
    • There is a 1/50 chance of receiving a rare reward instead
      • Difficulty 1: 100 premium points
      • Difficulty 2: 375 premium points
      • Difficulty 3: 3000 premium points
    • 15 second guess time
    • 5 second cooldown between guesses
    • !quesiton to repeat the question

5. Hooch Luckiest man alive.

I am ok with this.

6. Hearth Forever Traitor

Thanks for letting become a qt, Gaw. :D

7. Gaw discord is my friend now

• Updated Tags for future compatibility
    • Updated Workshop addon
    • Removed ttt_brooklyn because apparently it crashes the whole fucking server 100% of the time
    • Buffed Double Barrel, nerfed Shotgun headshot multiplier (based on distance)
    • Updated PointShop 2
      • Added Clank Backpack (Thanks @Luna)
        • Awarded you 5 donator credits. Unfortunately, your other submitted items do not work on the server (lack of TF2 etc)
      • Fixed some inventory bugs
      • Tidied up the hidden categories
      • Admins inadvertently now have more access to abuse PointShop 2. If I ever see this happening, I will be completely resetting your entire PS2 and removing any related privileges.
        • Please respect that people are paying for exclusive content, and if you give yourself points/items/blowjobs then you are completely fucking me, the server and all of our donators over.
    • To reduce griefing, all players must now meet the below criteria to join the server:
      • Actually own the game (no family sharing)
      • Own at least 3 paid games
      • Have 50 hours in Garry's Mod
      • Have a Steam account older than 30 days
    • Added new traitor weapon, Traptoide! Choose from any of the following traps to place on the terrain:
      1. Bear Trap - Slows victim and causes them to scream
      2. Catapult - Damage to launch a high velocity melon that will kill on impact
      3. Jumpad - A weaker version of the spring trap
      4. Nades - Attach an obvious grenade to the roof, which explodes for tons of damage
      5. Wired trap - A more stealthy tripmine
    Moar updates soon - have two uni assignments tomorrow so I'm off to bed!

Last edited: 23 Feb 2015
    • Like Like x 1
    • Wizard Wizard x 1
    • List
  8. I can see this backfiring

9. I'm not sure that's quite how sex works but I'll take your word for it

10. Jolly Long Arm The Moon... It's far away!

Kinda agree with dark 50hours seems pretty steep!!

11. Mysteryem The Dividing Line

12. Gaw discord is my friend now

I'd rather players that actually know how to play TTT - having 50 hours doesn't guarantee it, but greatly reduces the likelihood of people who have never played TTT joining the server. I have been inundated with people telling me about "hit and runs", and this is an effective solution. I am open to other suggestions, but they have yet to be made.

Finding new admins who have past GMod ULX experience is not easy, and I think it would be a mistake to try and train people who have no idea what they are doing. That's why I've opted for this solution.

13. HellJack A message was delivered, and received.

Hey, I'm all for this change.

Seriously, I like the idea of having to provide a bit of proof you can actually play the game.

I support this decision, Gaw. Good man.

14. Mysteryem The Dividing Line

So I should leave gmod open for 47 hours just so I have the possibility of joining people in TTT?

I don't see how you can have much of a say in this Jack, having only 28 hours yourself. It sure doesn't feel like 'a bit' of proof, 50 hours is a hell of a long time to someone new, especially if said someone has a life outside of gaming or plays other games.

Unless there are plenty of people who
    • Actually own the game (no family sharing)
    • Own at least 3 paid games
    • Have a Steam account older than 30 days
    But do not have 50 hours of time spent playing gmod, but are griefing, it seems rather unnecessary to me.

I think it's especially silly if you consider that you could have someone on the server try and introduce their friend to TTT, getting them to buy gmod, only to find out that their friend can't play with them. Is it a significant enough compromise to block these people out?

This is really bad ideology imo, get people to learn, don't block them out because they don't know better.

15. HellJack A message was delivered, and received.

If that's how you want to fly it.

I'm not active AT ALL on the TTT server, I don't desire to be as such, but I'm still able to support a fellow Manager in his desire to run the server he's put a tonne of work into.

Now, with all of this being said, I do still support Gaw in his desire to keep this kick-ass server and game as free and clear of shit lords as possible.

If he believes someone should have 50 hours, having never played the game in it's current iteration, I'll be first in line to defend his decision.

16. Subv You ain't even lord of your yard

maybe than having a whitelist for members or such, because if it's an anti-griefing measure, i'm pretty sure every member here won't grief, so it will allow people like me, speed, myst, etc to play occasionally, as some people here do enjoy the game, but do not play it that often.

(also gaw fix my lenny mask and taunt you knob, can't ignore me forever)

17. Mister Spuds I don't understand what's going on here...

Personally I really don't see the need in having a 50 hours requirement just to play a server. Just seems a bit silly to be honest.

What if most the regulars we have right now haven't put 50 hours into it? All the effort we put into building a consist non-GM player base goes out the window or is significantly reduced. Having a requirement on how long you should have played just to play on our seems elitist - exactly the opposite of why I want to play and enjoy our servers.

I love our server because of it's friendly atmosphere and tendency to break rules every now and then since we want to have fun, not be super uptight and play a pro-game. No one from GM follows the rules 100% so why should we always expect new players? I know there is a distinction between griefers and those having fun but we can easily distinguish that and deal with it afterwards.

Every time there is a TTT game going I'm always there, with you lot. You make it seem like we are constantly dealing with people flooding our servers griefing or ruining peoples fun, when quite honestly I don't see that so much or certainly don't really see it the way you do Gaw that requires a play-time cap.

Just wanted to throw my two cents in.

18. Gaw discord is my friend now

Rescinded.

• Wizard Wizard x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  19. Gaw discord is my friend now

Latest update has broken many essential addons, waiting for developers to fix them. All GMod servers will be down until then.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • List
  20. vand2 Just a generic loveable guy

I'm sorry to be a bother, but I was wondering if there are any news from the developers on the addons?

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)